Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

'First world problems' revealed in study

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

The Telegraph said:

Earphones becoming tangled in your bag, Weetabix not fitting into a round breakfast bowl and being in-between dress sizes after losing weight have been named on a list of common 'first world problems'.

Other issues which plague us daily amid our hi-tech, pampered lives include Pimms not being sufficiently chilled, the cleaner taking a day off and the glare of the sun affecting the screen of our laptops, phones or tablets.

Snagging designer clothing, the area we live in being too nice for a corner shop which sells cheap wine and having to stand up to reach for a cup on the coffee table also made the list.

Read more

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:07 PM

Oh man, I would pit screen glare against any problem the third world could throw at me. :P

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#3    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,769 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

... These are problems? All these things I don't generally consider problems.

#4    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

Too true. The tv media which the first-worlders are subjected to insulates them from the real problems of life which will eventually come back to bite the lives of their kids in the derrier. It's a strange problem.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,504 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

Idiots spamming your fave website with links for 'deluxe kitchens' is a real problem too.  And food from the microwave being so damn hot it burns your tongue off.  And neighbours with a parrot that won't stop singing.  I could go on for days.  It's my age, I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users