Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Remote view and space exploration

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

We need breaktrough in math to made breaktrough in physics. Maybe we need breaktrough in psychology and biology first to make a breaktrough in space exploration.

So, can Remote viewers see whats on Titan moon, for example?

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo, 23 August 2013 - 09:00 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 23 August 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Yes they can. But the data is more reliably if it is done in a team of remote viewers.

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 17 September 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Yes they can. But the data is more reliably if it is done in a team of remote viewers.

Why dont they find new earth then?

Big Bad Voodoo

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#4    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Sorry, not to be argumentitive, but how is there any 'reliability' in remote viewing at all?

#5    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Postsupervike, on 17 September 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Sorry, not to be argumentitive, but how is there any 'reliability' in remote viewing at all?

But idea is great, isnt? :w00t: I mean if they are able to see far...why not?

Big Bad Voodoo

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo, 17 September 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#6    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 23 August 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

We need breaktrough in math to made breaktrough in physics. Maybe we need breaktrough in psychology and biology first to make a breaktrough in space exploration.

Big Bad Voodoo
I think it's exceedingly difficult. Human minds carry with them all sorts of contextual interpretations. While I believe consciousness has access to far off places, I don't think it can be translated with any real accuracy through a mind.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#7    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,343 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 18 September 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

I think it's exceedingly difficult. Human minds carry with them all sorts of contextual interpretations. While I believe consciousness has access to far off places, I don't think it can be translated with any real accuracy through a mind.

That's a problem I see, too, how to accurately translate what we're seeing into words with contamination from our own context, and then how can it be validated?

#8    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,787 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

That and the fact that the only fact about remote viewing is that it has never been proven. Should be easy to prove and document so it's a little fishy eh?

Until you know what it is and how it works, you can't have a very good discussion.

Don't you think NASA etc. would be all over this if they thought there was any substance in it? Would be a much cheaper alternative and fix all their budget woes if they could have a group of people telling them what's out there without having to leave earth.

Posted Image

#9    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,343 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Well, the US government has poured a lot of money into research, and the Stanford Research Institute has dedicated years to its study and use.There seems to be some pretty credible evidence that this phenomena exists, but I'm guessing that there are problems with consistency & accuracy, as it's certainly not, at this point, an exact science. It makes me think of that movie, The Men Who Stared at Goats.

#10    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostBeany, on 22 September 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

the Stanford Research Institute has dedicated years to its study and use.

Any link to backed that claim?

Big Bad Voodoo

#11    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,343 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 24 September 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Any link to backed that claim?

Big Bad Voodoo

I suppose I could go out and find some links, but this is pretty general knowledge for those interested in remote viewing. If you're interested, about 20 seconds on Google will get you a lot of websites; like anything dealing with psychic phenomena, though, you should consider the sources. The Stanford Research Institute is commonly known as SRI, which may be something you've heard heard referenced. I recommend starting with a search on SRI.

#12    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostBeany, on 22 September 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

That's a problem I see, too, how to accurately translate what we're seeing into words with contamination from our own context, and then how can it be validated?

I don't quite understand you.  What exactly would a remote viewer be viewing which couldn't be translated into words?  Wouldn't they be seeing things just as we see with our eyes around us?  Landscape or room, objects, etc.  How could that be contaminated?  

As for being validated, all that would require is a test subject who gives an honest answer about a view.  For example, what three things are sitting on top of my computer monitor?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#13    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,512 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

View PostJ. K., on 24 September 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

I don't quite understand you.  What exactly would a remote viewer be viewing which couldn't be translated into words?  Wouldn't they be seeing things just as we see with our eyes around us?  Landscape or room, objects, etc.  How could that be contaminated?  

As for being validated, all that would require is a test subject who gives an honest answer about a view.  For example, what three things are sitting on top of my computer monitor?

It's precisely that one is not viewing with actual eyes or obtaining signals from light that creates problems. The viewer would be only using mind. This lends itself to difficulties. Our minds identify objects and create the image to be revignized. Changing the way inputs are received can muddy the waters when identifying what something is.

A fan blade might look like a skateboard. If it is possible to remote view with the clarity demanded by skeptics, it will take a tremendous amount of practice.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#14    lost bird

lost bird

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Actually the (wisdom) of remote viewer is not REMOTE. Not deeper than any stupid man. Therefore it is not wisdom, it is foolishness. If they are wise , they will tell us the length breadth and high th of Allah merciful, and measure his forgiveness.

Soul (sol/sun), Eye ; the light of the body/world is i.

#15    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,787 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

View PostBeany, on 22 September 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Well, the US government has poured a lot of money into research, and the Stanford Research Institute has dedicated years to its study and use.There seems to be some pretty credible evidence that this phenomena exists, but I'm guessing that there are problems with consistency & accuracy, as it's certainly not, at this point, an exact science. It makes me think of that movie, The Men Who Stared at Goats.
'Problems' - being that they cannot get any results outside the realm of dumb luck, chance, expected probability etc.

Not an exact science!? You can't even show it is a credible thing. It's about as far from an exact science as you can get.

Edit: Quoted the wrong reply initially.

Edited by Timonthy, 28 September 2013 - 12:38 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users