Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

75 Whale fossils found in a desert

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

I came across that looks interesting.

Some believe they became disoriented and beached themselves, while others claim they were moved by a landslide and became trapped in a lagoon.
But scientists remain baffled as to how exactly scores of whales ended up in a desert more than half a mile from the sea.
The skeletons of 75 whales, believed to be more than two millions years old, were unearthed next to one another, just yards apart, in one of the world's best-preserved graveyards of prehistoric whales.

http://www.dailymail...ama-desert.html

Edited by skookum, 24 August 2013 - 07:41 AM.

Posted Image

#2    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

But scientists remain baffled as to how exactly scores of whales ended up in a desert more than half a mile from the sea.
Horse hockey, the scientists know full well the coast changes over time, Daily Fail strikes again.
And from just a few lines later:

Pyenson said the spot was once a ‘lagoon-like environment’ and that the whales probably died between two million and seven million years ago.

They can't even copy and paste articles right anymore.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#3    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Very interesting find!

Whalenado?

#4    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,295 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

This news is from 2011 and has been posted already -

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=217660

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users