Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

My Orb Pic's (Halo)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 06:26 PM

laugh.gif @ Mostly Ghostly                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#17    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 06:40 PM

Hey if an orb has the power to help someone that needs comfort, than who am I too question that.  But, read up on it honey.  Digital cameras are not reliable for taking pictures of ghostly phenomenom.......  Slice it any way you want to, it is more a question of believing things that you want to see, rather than looking at all possibilities..  It is apparent that you WANT to believe it, and don't accept fruitful critisism, and that is purely on you, not on me.  Saruman posts everything, and that is the way it should be always, doesn't mean that because he suggests you post it, that it is undeniably fact...

You can all disagree with me, does not mean that it isn't true..  I have noticed that the atmosphere here is one of agreeing with each other, and sorry, but I have never molded before, and I won't do it now..  So, give it your best shot, you aren't going to provide anything other than your own wishful conjecture, when arguing this topic....

Reese                                                  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#18    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 06:46 PM

Firstly I'm not your honey!  tongue.gif

Secondly I am quite willing to believe that the orbs are flaws of the digital camera
system, as I said above.

Thirdly I am quite open to constructive criticism and am not sure entirely where you
are coming from saying that I'm not.

Fourthly, all the things we believe in are beliefs because we want to believe in
them. If we didn't want to believe in them, then we wouldn't. QED.

Fifthly (is that a word?  mellow.gif  ) all we have said in this thread are expressions of
our own thoughts on the matter, and for your information, I will continue to post my
opinions whether you agree or not.

Lastly, hope we're still friends?  biggrin.gif

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#19    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 06:57 PM

Only if you speak when spoken too.. That last post was not directed towards you...  It was directed towards HALO.  So, unless you want a reaming, don't type like we are friends to begin with, got it honey?

Reese                                                  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

#20    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 07:08 PM

i agree with you, Reese.  i just can't get involved without losing control of myself and belittling everyone around me.  then, i create a hostile posting environment by taking the argument too personally and really going at someone.  people might start crying and heaven forbid, i will be apologizing once again.  god, i miss those days  laugh.gif

*in case someone can't tell, this is my idea of a joke*

biggrin.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#21    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 07:11 PM

It is not hard to agree with someone when what they say is RIGHT.......  Unless of course there are some egos around that need constant stroking....  

I get your sense of humor...  

Reese                                                  

#22    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 07:50 PM

Okay, so let me be clear before I reply, which of these is aimed in my direction?

there are some egos around that need constant stroking

So, unless you want a reaming, don't type like we are friends to begin with, got it honey?

(the last one I have difficulty with since I already pointed out that I am not your 'honey')

And I think that Halo has a point with

Just because this type of phenomenom shows up more on digital cameras doesn't make them any less credible, it could be that they are more in tune with the atmosphere

Nobody has yet taken a photograph (be it on film or otherwise) which has been proven to be of a ghost. Yes there are some that remain possibles but none with concrete direct evidence. So it follows that digital cameras may or may not be able to capture ghosts in whatever form they manifest. It has not been proven or disproven.
So when you say

Digital cameras are not reliable for taking pictures of ghostly phenomenom

I would like to know upon what data you are basing this statement. Which cameras are reliable for taking pictures of ghostly phenomenon?

Lastly, I was being polite and trying to be friendly in my disagreement with you, but if you prefer to think of yourself as someone who is not 'my friend' then fine. Go fiddle on the roof, honey.

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

#23    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 08:41 PM

LB, atleast when you quote someone, don't chop it up, to fit your format.  You opened yourself up on this one.  (Hence, the speaking when being spoken to comment)

There have been many pictures that are considered reliable, and all of them are ones that have negatives.. Do your own research on this one...  Do you know how to use the internet for more than your one sided, argumentative rhetoric?

I wasn't referring to you as HONEY to begin with, and the way you keep bringing it up, makes you look like an over emphasizing idiot.  (and maybe a little bit of wishful thinking thrown into it as well)    

I was simply trying to give everyone a good piece of advice, that is if they are really interested in capturing true phenomenom instead of light reflections.  If you want to make a deal out of this, then that makes me question whether you have ANYONE that calls you HONEY.. I think, you have way too much time on your hands.

No need to try to be nice to me, do you really think it matters?  And, why would we be friends?  Because our conversations pass every so often on this board?  Maybe you should step from beneath your desk sometime, takes more to be a friend than a passing word or two.......

You can disagree with me all you want, but if you would rather debate why I am saying digital cameras are no good for pictures of that sort, than there is nothing but an argument ensuing from your end...  How about trying to prove me wrong, instead of demanding I prove myself right?

Reese biggrin.gif                                                  

#24    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:02 PM

Only if you speak when spoken too.. That last post was not directed towards you... It was directed towards HALO. So, unless you want a reaming, don't type like we are friends to begin with, got it honey?

Reese

This one of your postings in its entirety. Not chopped up as I am accused of doing. In this post you refer to me as 'honey' and therefore I was replying to your use of the word in that posting to make the point that I have maintained my argument upon the subject.

You on the other hand have said:

Do you know how to use the internet for more than your one sided, argumentative rhetoric?

If you had taken the time to look at my webpage you might well have found that I can use the internet for more than my 'one sided, argumentative rhetoric'.

I have researched ghost photographs and to my knowledge nobody has captured a photograph of a ghost which has been proven to be exactly that. (If anyone has knowledge of such a photograph, please post it and disprove my comment - I'd be happy to see it.)

if you would rather debate why I am saying digital cameras are no good for pictures of that sort, than there is nothing but an argument ensuing from your end

Isn't this what this thread is all about: a debate on the validity of orbs as evidence of ghosts? And I'm posting on this thread because I would like to debate it. Was that not clear? And yes I am making an argument, but I am not arguing.

'an over emphasizing idiot'

you want to make a deal out of this, then that makes me question whether you have ANYONE that calls you HONEY.. I think, you have way too much time on your hands.

No need to try to be nice to me, do you really think it matters? And, why would we be friends? Because our conversations pass every so often on this board? Maybe you should step from beneath your desk sometime, takes more to be a friend than a passing word or two.......

These, my friend, are all personal attacks. It's a shame that you feel the need to get personal when you find that you are on the end of a losing argument.

And I apologise for chopping up some of your paragraphs to post in this reply, but, lets face it, your reply was way too long to put here in its entirety.

#25    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:09 PM

If you aren't going out of your way to argue, then why continue on this tangent, when I told you that I was not speaking to you?  I have no interest in looking at your web page..  What is that supposed to convince me of?  If you don't want to take my advice, then fine, but if you are intested in it, then by all means, take my advice.  The intial comment on this thread, was to give advice, if you feel threatened by that, then so be it.

You can attach 'personal' attack to whatever you want, I call it like I see it.  

(I added the second HONEY, just as a little dig, and you bit, so try not to get worked up so much)  

Reese

I am not losing anything, when someone disregards good advice, then who is really the loser?

#26    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:18 PM

It takes two to tango.

My directing you to my webpage was to prove to you that I do know how to use the internet for more than my own 'one sided, argumentative rhetoric', which I also thought was clear in my statement.

I didn't know you weren't speaking to me, since you have replied to everything I've said on the subject. But hey, if you don't want to talk to me, I won't lose any sleep.

As for getting 'worked up', I have maintained my position without resorting to personal attacks (and yes, I attach the label 'personal' to something which was intended towards myself specifically), so who is really getting worked up here?

An in regard to your last comment on your advice: in the words of Obi Wan Kenobe - "who's more foolish - the fool, or the fool who follows him?'

Take it how you like.

#27    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:20 PM

I guess you put me in my place then oh wise one....... ohmy.gif

Reese                                                  

#28    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 09:23 PM

Now then, where were we?...

wink.gif

#29    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:00 PM

Ah, that's so much better.   smile.gif                                                  

#30    Kira

Kira

Government Agent

• 4,183 posts

• Sexiest,
    Prettiest,
    Bloodthirstiest,
    Elf Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Thanks TO xx

Posted 05 March 2003 - 10:13 PM

rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif At the risk of sounding too agreeable.......true KC laugh.gif                                                  

We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users