Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Atlantis = Niflheim

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#31    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

You lost me at "fire giants"

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#32    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

You really think that I care?
LOL.

I have cooked you a meal, cut it into little pieces, and set it before you  but I'm not going to chew it for you
And no one is forcing you to eat it. If you dont want it then dont eat it.

I am not a big believer in science by combat.
Arguing doesn't establish who is right. Arguing only establishes who is the better arguer.

#33    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,410 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Postgranpa, on 25 August 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

You really think that I care?
LOL.

Yes, because you otherwise wouldn't have posted anything at all.

Maybe you don't care about Atlantis and the truth regarding that, maybe what you care about is the attention you get when you post and others reply. But, at the end of the day, you care - about something.

And this is me playing nice. :)

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#34    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

I draw the line at chewing food for people
chew your own food

I have cooked you a meal, cut it into little pieces, and set it before you  but I'm not going to chew it for you

Arguing doesn't establish who is right. Arguing only establishes who is the better arguer.

#35    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

http://en.wikipedia....an_Glacial_Lake

The West Siberian Glacial Lake, also known as West Siberian Lake, or Mansiyskoe Lake (Russian: Мансийское озеро), was a periglacial lake formed when the Arctic Ocean outlets for each of the Ob and Yenisei rivers were blocked by the Barents-Kara Ice Sheet during the Weichselian Glaciation, approximately 80,000 years ago. At its maximum extent, the lake's surface area was more than twice that of the present-day Caspian Sea.

It is theorized that while drainage to the Arctic Ocean basin (e.g. by the Ob and Yenisei Rivers) was prevented, the lake would eventually overflow to the Mediterranean Sea through a circuitous route that would include the Aral Sea, the Caspian Sea, and the Black Sea. This would have resulted in water from the Selenga River and Lake Baikal draining over a course of some 6,000 miles (9600 km), considerably longer than any river's course today

#36    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

If the sea of Marmara is a microcosm of the Mediterranean then I wonder what the story of Troy is a microcosm of

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy

http://en.wikipedia....ounding_of_Rome

According to the Aeneid, the survivors from the fallen city of Troy banded together under Aeneas, underwent a series of adventures around the Mediterranean Sea, including a stop at newly founded Carthage under the rule of Queen Dido, and eventually reached the Italian coast. The Trojans were thought to have landed in an area between modern Anzio and Fiumicino, southwest of Rome: probably at Laurentum, or in other versions, at Lavinium, a place named for Lavinia, the daughter of King Latinus, whom Aeneas married. This started a series of armed conflicts with Turnus over the marriage of Lavinia.[3] Turnus was (before the arrival of Aeneas) engaged to Lavinia who then married Aeneas starting the war.[3] Aeneas won the war and killed Turnus.[3] The Trojans won the right to stay and to assimilate with the local peoples. The young son of Aeneas, Ascanius, also known as Iulus, went on to found Alba Longa and the line of Alban kings who filled the chronological gap between the Trojan saga and the traditional founding of Rome in the 8th century BC

Toward the end of this line, King Procas was the father of Numitor and Amulius. At Procas' death, Numitor became king of Alba Longa, but Amulius captured him and sent him to prison; he also forced the daughter of Numitor, Rhea Silvia, to become a virgin priestess among the Vestals

The myth of Aeneas, Greek in origin, had to be reconciled with the Italian myth of Romulus and Remus, who taken as historical figures would have been born around 771 BC. They were purported to be sons of the Rhea Silvia and Mars, the god of war

Edited by granpa, 25 August 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#37    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

A large part of the story of the Argonauts takes place in the sea of Marmara
and then suddenly and inexplicably jumps to Italy.

hmm

Edited by granpa, 25 August 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#38    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

The West Siberian Glacial Lake, also known as West Siberian Lake, or Mansiyskoe Lake (Russian: Мансийское озеро),

Posted Image

#39    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:29 PM

http://en.wikipedia....e_Egypt_(region)

Southern Illinois (also known as "Little Egypt" or "Egypt") is the southern third of the state of Illinois. With the area code 618, the southern part of Illinois is geographically, culturally, and economically distinct from the rest of the state.

The nickname "Egypt" may have arisen in the 1830s, when poor harvests in the north of the state drove people to Southern Illinois to buy grain. Others say it was because the land of the great Mississippi and Ohio River valleys were like that of Egypt’s Nile delta. According to Hubbs, the nickname may date back to 1818, when a huge tract of land was purchased at the confluence of the rivers and its developers named it Cairo. Today, the town of Cairo still stands on the peninsula where the Ohio River joins the Mississippi. Other settlements in the area were also given names with Egyptian, Greek or Middle Eastern origins: The Southern Illinois University Salukis sports teams and towns such as Metropolis, Thebes, Dongola, Palestine, Lebanon, New Athens, Sparta, and Karnak show the influence of classical culture.

Edited by granpa, 25 August 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#40    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

Atlantis was said to be 2000 stadia by 3000 stadia and its perimeter was said to be 10000 stadia.
that's 368 km by 552 km and 1840 km

Posted Image

Edited by granpa, 26 August 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#41    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,779 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

wow. evetually it ends up as a monologue.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#42    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,757 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 26 August 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

wow. evetually it ends up as a monologue.

incoherence always does, why are you surprised?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#43    Fat Cat

Fat Cat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

*crickets*

#44    granpa

granpa

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

http://upload.wikime...r.Propontis.jpg

Edited by granpa, 26 August 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#45    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

"If we would know, then we would be more wisdomed."

• 9,553 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 25 August 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

As puzzled as I am?

Puzzled by a fringer who claims to be the sole human in millennia who "really" understands what some historical writer meant? You must've skipped your morning coffee today....

-- Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users