Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How to make a ufo and get on the news

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,230 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Oh boy, so some kid rigs up a contraption - a wire rig with LEDS attached, and flown...by a dark or black helium filled ballooons - which cannot be seen. The object wasnt remote controlled it just went where the wind did. Sure enough, a news station gets the story

and heres another vid of a remote controllled device with lights

Edited by seeder, 25 August 2013 - 11:02 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,230 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

I REALLY bet someone somewhere has been freaked out by seeing one of these in the distance, and has probaly filmed or photographed it for the web as a genuine sigjhting

I liked this one actually, in the shots above the trees espacially. Imagine out walking the dog, or the girlfriend :lol: and you saw that hovering above a forest?  Youd say stuff like "it was so silent man" even tho close up its as noisy as hell

and imagine attaching a lazer....

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Pretty good. Let's hope they apply that kind of creativity in school.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#4    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,101 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Just to add more fun - UFO in Russia (Warning: Explicit Russian language)

I would not be surprised to see such videos in future "news"...

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#5    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

It doesnt take much to fool those who wants to be fooled these days.... A really cool prank, could be the next Roswell to others. :tu:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,230 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostDBunker, on 25 August 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

It doesnt take much to fool those who wants to be fooled these days.... A really cool prank, could be the next Roswell to others. :tu:

Im actually seriously considering doing like in the first vid, and just seeing if it makes the news. A bunch of balloons costs pennies, and some form of light and a battery isnt exactly rocket science.  Really I think I will do this and film it - and wait and see if it gets internet attention

#7    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

View Postseeder, on 25 August 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Im actually seriously considering doing like in the first vid, and just seeing if it makes the news. A bunch of balloons costs pennies, and some form of light and a battery isnt exactly rocket science.  Really I think I will do this and film it - and wait and see if it gets internet attention

I'm sure we'll be discussing your 'UFO' in here, Seeder!
lol

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#8    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

View Postseeder, on 25 August 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

We did that with 5 chineese lanterns last February.  Didnt end up in the papers or TV... but boy where people telling stories about - Why did they show them selves to me - whats so special about me ...were some of the reactions - ...... make sure you get it on video seeder, if you do something similar.

Some people refuses to believe it was a hoax. Even if you show them how you did it. The really NEED to believe it was a genuine ET spaceship. That they, in some way, where chosen , or special, or lucky, to have witnessed something out of the ordinary.

Edited by DBunker, 25 August 2013 - 12:43 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#9    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

Check this out....

#10    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostDBunker, on 25 August 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

You beat me to it. As you say, it doesn't take much, if fact mostly all it takes is a story posted on the internet.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#11    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 25 August 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

You beat me to it. As you say, it doesn't take much, if fact mostly all it takes is a story posted on the internet.

Scary and amazing at the same time.... especially if we are talking grown-ups.

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,230 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostDBunker, on 25 August 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Check this out....

Good find!  Ive upset a few here with Micheal Shermer :lol:

Edited by seeder, 25 August 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#13    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

View Postseeder, on 25 August 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Good find!  Ive upset a few here with Micheal Shermer :lol:

I know, some people cant handle the truth... they would rather dwell in la-la land than to have their fantasy shattered by mean ol science.

Its like playing Richard Dawkins for a religious nut.

#14    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Cool Thread! Reminds me of this event a few years back...

From eSkeptic Wednesday, April 1st, 2009 :
How We Staged the Morristown UFO Hoax

In this week’s eSkeptic, we reveal the behind the scenes workings of that UFO hoax that captured headlines earlier this year. People in and around the Morristown, New Jersey area saw unidentified flying objects, with many of them naturally assuming that these UFOs represented extraterrestrial space craft. As you shall see, there was a rather more terrestrial explanation. In fact, they were helium balloons with flares attached to them, lofted into the sky by Chris Russo and Joe Rudy, in their social experiment on how to create your own media event surrounding UFO sightings.
Even though this does not mean that all UFO sightings are hoaxes — of course many represent other terrestrial (instead of extraterrestrial) events such as the planet Venus, military aircraft, weather balloons, advertising planes, and the like (and even, pace Men in Black, swamp gas) — it does reveal how the human mind connects the dots and fills in the gaps with plausible explanations that often include fantastic tales of alien beings. Enjoy the story and watch the video clips of this amazing hoax!

#15    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

10 Best UFO Hoax Videos on YouTube.   http://mashable.com/...est-ufo-videos/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users