Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Transgender Woman Murdered, New York

transgender woman new york hate crime bias

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Ratte

Ratte

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• The slippery are very crafty.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

Islan Nettles, 21, died of "blunt impact injuries to the head" according to a spokesperson for the New York City Chief Medical Examiner. The death has been ruled a homicide.

Nettles was attacked in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan last weekend. She slipped into a coma after the attack and was taken off life support on Thursday.

Nettles' mother Delores Nettles told ABC station WABC-TV, that before the attack a group of men surrounded the 21-year-old and called her derogatory names including "he-shes" and "she-males."

http://abcnews.go.co...A6BiaK0E2hT&s=1

Posted Image

#2    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,002 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Well this is terrible. Hope these scum get caught. It doesn't matter if you're a random baseball player, a world war 2 veteran, or a transgender person - nobody should be the victim of these senseless attacks. RIP young one.

#3    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Poor soul...may she rest in peace.♥

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#4    seaturtlehorsesnake

seaturtlehorsesnake

has a cape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

i clicked on it thinking that i didn't want to click on it, and then i read it knew that i didn't want to.

and it's nothing new and i'm just going to be angry for the rest of the day

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,431 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postpatagonianhorsesnake, on 25 August 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

i clicked on it thinking that i didn't want to click on it, and then i read it knew that i didn't want to.

and it's nothing new and i'm just going to be angry for the rest of the day
I didn't read it for the same reason.  It all just gets to be too much.  We are returning to a time when we will only be able to protect ourselves from the feral ones walking the streets.  Even then we have to pray we won't have to surrender our liberty in order to save our lives.  What has happened to this country?  I pray for this woman's family in their grief and even for her tormentors... how miserable and broken does a human being have to be to commit such an act?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#6    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,914 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

For every human being on the planet, it seems there are a dozen or more human animals.

RIP Islan Nettles, a woman and human being who was brave enough to become who she was.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#7    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

That is just so wrong.  I think this is why if there are space aliens they never land in the middle of a big city.  There is very little humanity in humanity.  I feel so sad for the poor sweet child.

#8    Mabon

Mabon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

• Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

How sad for her family! I hope whoever did this gets life without parolee!

Mabon.

One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.  ~ Emily Dickinson

#9    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

Its a sick world we live in

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#10    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,160 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:57 PM

harlem, enough said.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#11    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

Not enough said. Gays are now off the table for gang beatings apparently, so the d**kheads have turned to the trans-gender. It's very troubling that anyone can be so callous towards a human being who died because of intolerance.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#12    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 7,348 posts

• Oops.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:29 AM

View Postand then, on 25 August 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I didn't read it for the same reason.  It all just gets to be too much.  We are returning to a time when we will only be able to protect ourselves from the feral ones walking the streets.  Even then we have to pray we won't have to surrender our liberty in order to save our lives.  What has happened to this country?  I pray for this woman's family in their grief and even for her tormentors... how miserable and broken does a human being have to be to commit such an act?
Eh?
What makes you think this is indicative of a change. Members of the LGBQT community have always been getting the crap kicked out of them, it's only relatively recent that people care enough or are understanding enough for it to hit the news.

That said, even though there are more news stories, violent crime has dropped 40% since the 80s, and is still going down. More reports don't equal greater increase in incidents.

http://www.cnn.com/2...s-violent-crime

Edited by ShadowSot, 27 August 2013 - 01:30 AM.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#13    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:19 AM

So true ShadowSot. I don't think there is a period of the western world that has been so peaceful, but listening to the Media you wouldn't believe it.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#14    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 7,348 posts

• Oops.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostAlmagest, on 27 August 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

So true ShadowSot. I don't think there is a period of the western world that has been so peaceful, but listening to the Media you wouldn't believe it.
To be honest, the US is lagging behnd the rest of the world. But still, rates continue to drop here.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,431 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 27 August 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Eh?
What makes you think this is indicative of a change. Members of the LGBQT community have always been getting the crap kicked out of them, it's only relatively recent that people care enough or are understanding enough for it to hit the news.

That said, even though there are more news stories, violent crime has dropped 40% since the 80s, and is still going down. More reports don't equal greater increase in incidents.

http://www.cnn.com/2...s-violent-crime
I am stating what I see in my own community and those nearby.  The world is a sick, messed up place and if you can't tell the difference in the levels of open depravity then you must be lucky indeed.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users