Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The disappearance of Charles Gazzam Hurd.

missing disappearances mystery charleshurd

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#121    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,360 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

View Postpetermattson, on 10 November 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

You were being smarmy this latest time so I gave you that smarm right back.
I can't figure out why you seem devoted to LE evidence in one case but are fully comfortable with complete speculation in another.
Consistency would be good.

These are two entirely different cases. This one has precious little to go on and the other has case info. out the wazoo.
You know, sometimes it's gonna be right there in front of you and sometimes it's not.

#122    71sportstourer

71sportstourer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:43 AM

I saw a story about how, in the late sixties, there was a guy who murdered his family, moved away and changed his name. He remarried and lived for years without being discovered as his true self. In those days, if one was especially adept at it, or diabolical, take your choice, wouldn't it have been easy to "disappear"?

#123    Vincennes

Vincennes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

Amy, probably Peter already sent this to you but just in cast here is the flyer:

http://www.charleypr...rd_charles.html

I'm sending you this first and looking for the NY Times article.  Just couldn't find it right off and didn't want to lose this.

#124    petermattson

petermattson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

• What doesn't kill you makes you stranger.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

View Post71sportstourer, on 14 November 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

I saw a story about how, in the late sixties, there was a guy who murdered his family, moved away and changed his name. He remarried and lived for years without being discovered as his true self. In those days, if one was especially adept at it, or diabolical, take your choice, wouldn't it have been easy to "disappear"?

All of this is true and it's why we are searching for evidence of how Charles may have disappeared. Working under the assumption that he disappeared - under duress or voluntarily - we can hope to find some trace of him after 1937.

Also tagged with missing, disappearances, mystery, charleshurd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users