Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

the art of paranormal investigating

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,852 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

First of all, it's sole purpose of investigating.

sole [adj.] functioning independently and without assistance or interference

Second, as others have pointed out, it's not an art. Even if you remove the real scientific aspect of it, sitting around in the dark "waiting for something to happen" isn't exactly an art.

It's all psychology, which is a science.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#17    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostBeyondTheDark, on 26 August 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

So a lot of times while filming my web series, people have always asked me this question..." what's the soul purpose of paranormal investigating?"well to answer that, i say the purpose would be finding out if there is truly life after death. now, don't get me wrong, at times, i question my own beliefs and actions. so, would anybody agree that we may never find the truth?. i mean, all we can do is believe we have, but will science ever be able to get documented proof of the Afterlife? now-a-days Paranormal reality shows have made it a taboo to the mass media and mature audience. so, is Paranormal Investigating really a form of art?

I would venture to say that it is closer to art than actual science at this time, yes. Mostly due to the fact that, by far, the vast majority of those undertaking it as a "hobby" or whatnot are untrained laymen. Kind of like if your mom takes up painting out in the garage in her spare time. As opposed to mom decides to spend the next decade in school pursing an advanced degree so she can become a bio-chemist.

Posted Image

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 16,830 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

It strikes me that this sort of "investigating" is being called an "art" to disguise its flaws as science.  Economics and other social sciences also sometimes get called arts, for much the same reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users