Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

What is science hiding from us?

science truth

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1    BeyondTheDark

BeyondTheDark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

so it seems as if science has an answer for everything these days. The possible thought of what if comes to mind..right? like, {What if Scientists are secretly against the civilians}..well, they do create cures,have logical explanations for a majority of things, ECT. but.....WAIT, Science must have a plan for future creations...key word.."future". look at all of the UFO sightings that have been surfacing lately. look at all of the accusations of extraterrestrials being held at Area 51. so the question is...WHAT IS SCIENCE HIDING FROM US?

#2    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 6,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

POPULAR

Nothing. Science is a body of knowledge and a method, nothing more.

It's people that concern you.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#3    BeyondTheDark

BeyondTheDark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

as in the people behind science!

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

Actually in my opinion science has no answer to the really deep questions, and not even a clue on how it might proceed.  Science is just organized, institutionalized knowledge of physical phenomena.

#5    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 6,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

POPULAR

View PostBeyondTheDark, on 26 August 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

as in the people behind science!

I'm one of the people behind science. Specifically Physical Anthropology. I study where we came from and our ancestors.

Then I lie to you about it!! :devil:

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 26 August 2013 - 01:34 AM.

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,188 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 26 August 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Actually in my opinion science has no answer to the really deep questions, and not even a clue on how it might proceed.  Science is just organized, institutionalized knowledge of physical phenomena.
And, of course very valuable for the contribution - but I agree, it has none of the deep answers we crave.  Maybe someday but certainly not yet.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

• 6,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

View Postand then, on 26 August 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

And, of course very valuable for the contribution - but I agree, it has none of the deep answers we crave.  Maybe someday but certainly not yet.

That's the beauty of science. It's ever changing and evolving as we learn, invent and discover new things.

#8    _Only

_Only

• 6,675 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:40 AM

I don't think scientific ventures hide anything from the eye, but I think as a species, we have a choice to go different ways in evolving, and we have chosen to take the scientific route. Who knows where we may have been spiritually if we had decided to work as hard to now on consciousness as we did on measuring the physical.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,584 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostBeyondTheDark, on 26 August 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

so it seems as if science has an answer for everything these days. The possible thought of what if comes to mind..right? like, {What if Scientists are secretly against the civilians}..well, they do create cures,have logical explanations for a majority of things, ECT. but.....WAIT, Science must have a plan for future creations...key word.."future". look at all of the UFO sightings that have been surfacing lately. look at all of the accusations of extraterrestrials being held at Area 51. so the question is...WHAT IS SCIENCE HIDING FROM US?
It seems you don't know what science is. The scientific method is a big part which you have seemed to left out.

Edited by Rlyeh, 26 August 2013 - 02:23 AM.

#10    F3SS

F3SS

Her name is Jodi :)

• 7,567 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

Science is hiding whatever these guys know.
http://usahitman.com/dead-scientists/

Posted Image

#11    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,245 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

What is your question again? You mention the "possible thought of what if Scientists are secretly against the civilians...for 'future creations'"? After that you speculate more about UFO sightings and Area 51.

I think that your 'train of thought' may have derailed a little while ago.

Is this thread about nothing more than speculating, "the possible thought of 'what if'"? If that's the case, I don't see how in any way that this is a 'conspiracy'. It's nothing more than a fancied notion. Sorry. :(

Edited by Likely Guy, 26 August 2013 - 03:00 AM.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

I don't think "science," as an entity, exists.  It is a conventional way of referring to the knowledge of the physical world we have accumulated and the ongoing activity of finding out more.  If anyone is keeping secrets, it is not "science," but governments and companies and sometimes individual scientists, and actually it is very hard for even these to keep scientific secrets for very long since others usually make the same discoveries.

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

If you're so concerned, then go get a science degree and get in on the action.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#14    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:26 PM

Why does this make me think of Lem and Phil from "Better off Ted?"

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#15    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

View Post_Only, on 26 August 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

I don't think scientific ventures hide anything from the eye, but I think as a species, we have a choice to go different ways in evolving, and we have chosen to take the scientific route. Who knows where we may have been spiritually if we had decided to work as hard to now on consciousness as we did on measuring the physical.

"Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment chop wood, carry water" -Zen proverb

Spiritual 'evolution' if you want to call it that is not mutually exclusive from science. Science is a method to allow us to understand the physical world, and when applied allows us to alleviate much suffering. Science if anything gives us greater opportunity to evolve spiritually. By giving us more 'free time' with which we could choose to meditate, reflect, and grow spiritually. Pretty hard to 'evolve' spiritually when all your time is spent toiling in the dirt just to survive. Science has giving us machines and medicine that in theory should allow many more people to pursue spiritual growth. Sadly most people choose to use that time to watch TV or otherwise not progress. But the age of science is still in its infancy. I have hope.

Also tagged with science, truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users