Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

SPC

goverment paranormal stories men in black

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostLesionia, on 28 August 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

hmm didn't know there was a game- going to have to ask about that.
And about why they would have a website? that's what I asked him. no real answer though. and yeah I figured it was just a kid messing around- but I wouldn't mind getting something to mess with him back. hmmm

I believe the reason the game has a website like that is because it started on a video game forum with people putting their ideas in for SCPs and thing about the Foundation. It eventually was made into a game and it became popular so they made a website to document all the SCPs.

A friend of mine played the game and said it was pretty good. Scary with an interesting story and mechanics.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#17    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

• Our differences make us who we are.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:57 AM

hmmm well thank you for the information... (I may have to play the game too.)

#18    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

SPC is one of my favorite creepypasta sites.
My favorite item is the trans-dimensional vending machine featuring products that work according to their own laws of physics.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#19    marleck

marleck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostDomina Lucis, on 28 August 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

I believe the reason the game has a website like that is because it started on a video game forum with people putting their ideas in for SCPs and thing about the Foundation. It eventually was made into a game and it became popular so they made a website to document all the SCPs.

A friend of mine played the game and said it was pretty good. Scary with an interesting story and mechanics.

Close, the SCP site has been around for a while, its a conglomeration of lots of people with ideas for contained artifacts. The articles are supposed to be instructions in containment, usually peppered with incident reports.

A good place to start is http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173
Its supposed to be the first one written, not to mention the first one you meet in-game.

#20    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,276 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

I wont lie, the game sounds kinda fun. I've enver tried RP stuff...well, not in THIS aspect.  But the conspiracyness of it seems cool

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#21    John_Doe

John_Doe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

This forum is a mistake. Understand that the SCP Foundation is not a paragovernmental entity. You are not being watched. You are not being followed. You are NOT in danger.

-- Agent Doe

#22    SoullessSingularity

SoullessSingularity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• "Hence nothing remains except for our regrets."

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Salutations,

I'm SoullessSingularity, a senior staff member of the SCP Foundation website. I'd like to help explain the site here. We're a group of fiction writers. Everything on the site is mostly made up fiction. There is no roleplaying allowed on the site- the writing is merely meant to follow a specific format and theme. The SCP Foundation has existed since 2007 and started on /x/. The game, Containment Breach, is a fangame based off of the SCP Foundation. The SCP Foundation is not based on Containment Breach.

If you would like more information, one of our moderators by the username of Roget has written multiple essays explaining the timeline of the SCP Foundation, its origins, and its progression. It can be found here: http://www.scp-wiki....he-universe-hub

Lesionia, I cannot explain who that person is but I can assure you that the site is almost entirely fictional and as far as I know the SCP Foundation does not actually exist. If it did, there would be no reason why a super-secret organization would be posting all their super-secret experiments and keep a catalogue of their super-secret contained anomalies on a public wiki such as WikiDot for the entire internet to stumble upon. You were most likely being trolled by someone. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thank you for your time and I apologize for any inconvenience. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them.

Regards,
Soulless

#23    Diction

Diction

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

Just so we clear this up, the SCP Foundation wiki is a creative writing site that began in 2007 on /x/, when someone posted SCP-173. It has grown and evolved drastically since then. It is not a roleplaying site. the game Containment Breach is based off of some of the articles on the site. How do I know this? I'm a member of the site.
Edit: nevermind, Soulless took care of it.

Edited by Diction, 30 August 2013 - 12:00 AM.

#24    DrClef

DrClef

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

I'd like to point out, by the way, that the proper term is "SCP Foundation." The "SPC" is the Shark Punching Centre. They punch sharks. A lot.

But yes, I'd also like to extend my greetings to you guys: the work that people like you have done has inspired lots of creativity on our creative writing site. And let us know if anyone else comes by trying to act like idiots: we don't tolerate our members trolling outside websites (down that road lies madness and /b/), and would rather just live and let live.

-Dr. Clef

#25    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostDrClef, on 30 August 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

I'd like to point out, by the way, that the proper term is "SCP Foundation." The "SPC" is the Shark Punching Centre. They punch sharks. A lot.

But yes, I'd also like to extend my greetings to you guys: the work that people like you have done has inspired lots of creativity on our creative writing site. And let us know if anyone else comes by trying to act like idiots: we don't tolerate our members trolling outside websites (down that road lies madness and /b/), and would rather just live and let live.
C
-Dr. Clef
I have never said this before, but now this thread is win.

Also, now this makes me suspect this all true now.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#26    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

Oh wow, people actually thought the Foundation was real? That's...kinda depressing. So many extra-governmental secret organizations have web pages on mediocre wiki hosting sites.

In all seriousness, it's a (very fun) creative writing project with a neat little community (not revealing who I am, but I get the feeling anyone familiar with the site IRC will figure it out inside of a minute) and some really great pieces. You should go read some, if you're posting on this forum you'll probably dig anything that came out of the 1000 contest at the very least.

#27    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,276 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

....Well, that was kind of cool for the people from that site to reach out like that.

I may join just casue of their responses

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#28    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Very appreciative that so many members of SCP were willing to stop by and explain the actual nature of the site.

Because now I'm convinced that its all a front for an actual government task force for strange goings on disguised as an exercise in super-creepy creative writing. Nice try sirs.

Seriously though, cool site, I can see myself neglecting much of my workload poking around. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you all stick around.

#29    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Thank you, I figured as much. I did want something to tell my friend since he seemed paranoid. Though I don't entirely blame him, hes been hunted down before.

#30    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostJohn_Doe, on 29 August 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

This forum is a mistake. Understand that the SCP Foundation is not a paragovernmental entity. You are not being watched. You are not being followed. You are NOT in danger.

-- Agent Doe

Although I thought this post was just a bit creepy.

Also tagged with goverment, paranormal, stories, men in black

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users