Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Unexplained Files: UFO Light Plane

NatureBoff

I've just put episode 4 of the All New Unexplained Files video from Monday evening on pause to write this. First time shown in the UK. The pilot's clear-cut eyewitness testimony and recorded Mayday about "three UFOs and loss of control of the airplane" reminded me instantly of the airliner incidents on Air Crash Investigation. The sound of a UFO "hitting the underside of the airplane" is incorrect imo. This is the sound of the landing gear dropping, due to loss of hydraulic pressure. The same thing occurred in a recent A-C-I program I watched. The light indicators also malfunctioning for the landing gear. Luckily for him, they *did* lock into place.

The other thing to note is that it might have only been a single UFO, but been so fast moving that it appeared on his left first, then right and then came at him from the front and flew underneath.

This has HUGE implications for the airline industry, to say the least.

Carlos de los Santos - Pilot Carlos de los Santos is en route to Mexico City Airport, when he is suddenly surrounded by three UFOs. Carlos is terrified as the silver discs seem to disable his aircraft, then raise it to a high altitude, threatening a fatal stall. Carlos regains control when the strange objects suddenly dart off to a volcano at inconceivably high speeds, completing aerial manoeuvres that were unheard of at the time. Investigation proves that Carlos was neither drunk nor drugged – and the actual 18-minute recording of his desperate Mayday call to the airport attests to his genuine panic. But it is first time testimony from a radar operator that proves beyond a doubt Carlos’s plane was being “buzzed” by UFOs…

If you don't watch this series you shouldn't even be on this site.

Do not ever dare to tell people what they should or should not watch. Not ever. Likewise, your qualifications for being here (gotta watch this show or you don't belong) are only yours and no one else's. From that comment alone, you obviously believe this is just another woo-woo site. It's not. Get used to it.

• Like 4

[...]

The other thing to note is that it might have only been a single UFO, but been so fast moving that it appeared on his left first, then right and then came at him from the front and flew underneath.

[...]

... or it might have been more prosaic:

Pocos días después -el 7 de mayo-, el capitán Ramírez Altamirano, jefe de la Inspección Aérea de la Dirección de Aeronáutica Civil, informó a la prensa de que el supuesto testigo de los tres OVNIS había sido sometido a una nueva serie de análisis médicos, psiquiátricos, neurológicos, etc., «para determinar si en verdad había visto aquellos OVNIS...».

Y éstas fueron sus conclusiones:

«El piloto había volado a más de 10.000 pies de altura y esto le había provocado una "hipoxia" o falta de oxígeno en la sangre. Conclusión: los tres OVNIS sólo habían sido producto de una alucinación.»

Pero la confusión de cuantos seguían el caso se vioincrementada con unas nuevas declaraciones. Esta vez, a cargo del doctor Luis Amezcua González, jefe del Departamento de Medicina de Aviación del Aeropuerto. «Debido a que el piloto Carlos Antonio de los Santos Montiel -afirmó el médico-no ingirió alimentos en un lapso de 18 horas (desdelas 20.00 horas del 2 de mayo a las 14 horas, aproximadamente, del día siguiente), volando a más de 10.000 pies de altitud, su organismo sufrió una "hipoglicemia", o falta de azúcar en la sangre. Esto, combinado con la "hipoxia", le produjo espejismos.»

(link, page 82)

Through google translator:

A few days later, on 7 May, Captain Altamirano Ramírez, head of the Air Inspection Directorate of Civil Aviation, told reporters that the alleged witness of the three UFOs had been subjected to a new round of medical tests , psychiatric, neurological, etc.., "to determine if they really had seen those UFOs ...".

And these were his conclusions:

"The pilot had flown over 10,000 feet high and this had caused a" hypoxia "or lack of oxygen in the blood. Conclusion: The three UFOs were only the product of a hallucination. "

But the confusion of those who followed the case vioincrementada with new statements. This time, by Dr. Luis Amezcua Gonzalez, head of the Department of Airport Aviation Medicine. "Because the pilot Carlos Antonio de los Santos Montiel said the doctor did not ingest food in a span of 18 hours (20.00 hours desdelas May 2 at 14 hours, approximately, the next day), flying over 10,000 feet altitude, your body suffered a "hypoglycemia" or lack of blood sugar. This, combined with the "hypoxia" mirages caused him. "

(translation isn't perfect, but you get the gist)
  • Like 1

I can tell you that of all the channels that air paranormal related shows, Discovery/Animal Planet had/have the worst. Why? Simple, because they've given MUFON their own specials/shows. To me, MUFON is the biggest joke in the entire UFO community and for Discovery to give them air time shows that they really don't care about the subject matter and are only in it for ratings/money. If this show is anything like all the other paranormal shows, then it's probably bad. Personally (I'm probably going to get crap for this), I feel the only good/decent paranormal shows were the first 2 seasons of MonsterQuest and UFO Hunters.

Now, I haven't seen this show, and I'm going to reserve my overall judgment of it until I watch at least 2 episodes, but I'm not holding my breath for anything amazing.

Edited by Kipperphoenix

That's in direct contrast to the evidence and in-person presentations in front of camera by all the parties involved. There is even evidence from the radar air traffic control operators that there was a second blip next to the aircraft. This second object did a high speed 270 degree maneuver which is impossible with any known technology of today, let alone 1975.

Incidentally, the initial drawing of Pilot Carlos de los Santos shows a lozenge or American football shaped object above his left wing which ties in with the San Luis Valley, UFO Police Report

The NARCAP (National Aviation Reporting Center on Anomalous Phenomena) investigator confirmed the events as genuine.

The pilot's clear-cut eyewitness testimony and recorded Mayday about "three UFOs and loss of control of the airplane" reminded me instantly of the airliner incidents on Air Crash Investigation. The sound of a UFO "hitting the underside of the airplane" is incorrect imo. This is the sound of the landing gear dropping, due to loss of hydraulic pressure. The same thing occurred in a recent A-C-I program I watched. The light indicators also malfunctioning for the landing gear. Luckily for him, they *did* lock into place.

Watch Air Crash Investigation (or US equivalent) on United Airlines Flight 173 to get the exact same thump and land gear light malfunction experience. Edited by NatureBoff

Watch Air Crash Investigation (or US equivalent) on United Airlines Flight 173 to get the exact same thump and land gear light malfunction experience.

Or use flight simulator to get the same experience

• Like 1

Where did this come from ? Since when have we ever required visitors to watch some arbitrary TV series ?

• Like 2

Golly, well, guess I'm not allowed here anymore.

well tuff titty - coz here I am, along with many others,, and I havent watched and dont feel inclined too either. All thats needed is a text link and we for sure can understand what the latest bee in your bonnet is all about!! A good thing about reading is, there are no distracting images of cgi UFO's zooming about, or spooky music to set the tone, and this is how such programs present their shows, - for dramatic effect.

take away the drama and what do we have?

Edited by seeder

Where did this come from ? Since when have we ever required visitors to watch some arbitrary TV series ?

Okay, my apologies, it was a rash statement to make, I admit.

Just watched the first installment. I was very familiar with this ufo experience over Australia. What makes this story so compelling and credible, was the number of eye witnesses to the ufo, but there were two additional features which really stood out. I had never seen any pics of the ufo. I will admit it was hard to figure out just exactly what the blob of brown was that was photographed but it was still interesting. I was really surprised by the fact they had the last few minutes recording on tape of the noises from the aircraft. The pilot described seeing something "metallic", buzzing around him, next thing, he heard these strange metallic clanging sounds, almost like a train in the sky or something, and then he disappears. Very very well done program, and this is one case that truly cannot be explained away.

Edited by Spacenut56

I rewatched this episode the other day, and totally missed the part where the photo of the ufo in question which had been spotted around the same time the pilot was in the air, was analyzed, and it was determined to have been a solid object of unknown composition. When I heard the playing of the audio tape of the last minutes of the pilots cockpit again, of the noise heard, metal clanging of some kind, it sent shivers down my spine. I would say its pretty clear the pilot was taken by someone or something.

• Like 1

I am really looking forward to the second installment of the show. It will deal with cattle mutilations and something about some frozen body found. Excellent program.

Strange sightings in the sky, mysterious disappearances, odd creatures and UFO encounters.The Unexplained Files is an unabashed telling of some of the world’s best and most baffling true stories.

After I read the above description, I need to ask how in the hell you can make that assessment based off of a show that claims to be "true stories"? If you believe everything you see on TV or the internet, you shouldn't even be on the internet. You should be in a nut house.

... or it might have been more prosaic:

(link, page 82)

Through google translator:

(translation isn't perfect, but you get the gist)

The only objection that I have to a 'hypoxia' explanation is that the cutoff altitude is usually given as 12,000 feet. And being moderately above that altitude is no big deal: I've been off oxygen at cabin altitudes of 20,000 feet for ten or fifteen minutes with no noticeable effects. It's a possible explanation, but I have an uneasy feeling the authorities jumped on it a little too quickly.

Still, I'm inclined to disbelieve Latin-American UFO reports generally.