Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gibraltar 'invasion' fake pictures spark fury

gibraltar invasion facebook callosa de segura mayor

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:07 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 28 August 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

But NO, it is not the way the Uniform may be worn....
Actually, it is:

Posted Image

It's the collar. They have to show a lot of cleavage. This is a dress uniform, as far as I am aware.

Edit: It's the dress uniform of the Spanish Foreign Legion.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 28 August 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#17    TheBoar

TheBoar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

england cuts back on the military argentina grow some balls over the falklands spain grow some over gibraltar

#18    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,498 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostTheBoar, on 28 August 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

england cuts back on the military argentina grow some balls over the falklands spain grow some over gibraltar

That has nothing to do with military, every time a politician (especially a nationalist politician) has major problem in Spain he/she starts a squeal about Gibraltar. In this case it was the Prime Minister accused of corruption.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#19    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,532 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 28 August 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

That has nothing to do with military, every time a politician (especially a nationalist politician) has major problem in Spain he/she starts a squeal about Gibraltar. In this case it was the Prime Minister accused of corruption.
It was pretty much what prompted Galtieri to have a go at Las Islas Malvinas* in '82; Thatch (pbuh) announced enormous cuts in the Navy; presto, the good General thought this was just his opportunity. History does, as we all know, have a habit of going round and round and round.
* which was a 1980s Madonna song, if I recall

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#20    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,532 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 28 August 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Actually, it is:

Posted Image

It's the collar. They have to show a lot of cleavage. This is a dress uniform, as far as I am aware.

they may not have achieved any significant military successes since .... well, I'll get back to you on that, but you've gotta admit, that's a hot look

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#21    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,498 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 28 August 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

It was pretty much what prompted Galtieri to have a go at Las Islas Malvinas* in '82; Thatch (pbuh) announced enormous cuts in the Navy; presto, the good General thought this was just his opportunity. History does, as we all know, have a habit of going round and round and round.
* which was a 1980s Madonna song, if I recall

with a slight difference, the Spaniards might close the border (and get kicked in the **** by Brussels to open it again) but certainly will not start a fight over the hunk of rock. It is simply not worth it.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#22    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

So what if they close the boarder?

The UK has mostly soldiers and government employees there. If the boarder closes Spain will loose out on all the goods they sell to Gibraltar and around 10,000 Spanish citizens loose their jobs. If they try to invade, they get flattened in about 10 minutes and the UN places sanctions on them as the aggressor.

Edited by Finity, 28 August 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#23    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,532 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:48 AM

If they close the Border, the EU will say that they might perhaps be able to organise a Commission in maybe a couple of months time, who might perhaps come to a conclusion in about six months, and that conclusion would be that they do not see that Spain is doing anything wrong.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#24    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,381 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 28 August 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Actually, it is:

Posted Image

Psychological warfare by the Spanish I see. "Are they going to shoot me, or break out into morris dancing"....confuse the enemy, I like it....

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#25    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,498 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 29 August 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

If they close the Border, the EU will say that they might perhaps be able to organise a Commission in maybe a couple of months time, who might perhaps come to a conclusion in about six months, and that conclusion would be that they do not see that Spain is doing anything wrong.

There is no commission in that case, it would be a violation of the treaty and (just as happened to Austria a  few years back due to an anti-foreigner campaign) they would be suspended immediately.until the situation is corrected.

about me

#26    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 29 August 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Psychological warfare by the Spanish I see. "Are they going to shoot me, or break out into morris dancing"....confuse the enemy, I like it....

They remind me of the Monty Python military fairy Sketch a little.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users