Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

We shouldn't expect to find Bigfoot bones....

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#1    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Well, except when bear bones are found.  So raise a glass to No. 56 - she lived well.

http://www.duluthnew...icle/id/276308/
Oldest-known wild bear dies in Itasca County

The world’s oldest-known wild bear has died of old age in Itasca County at the age of 39½, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.

The world’s oldest-known wild bear has died of old age in Itasca County at the age of 39½, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.

Known to DNR researchers as bear No. 56, the female American black bear was first captured and radio-collared in July 1981 by DNR scientists during the first summer of a long-term research project on bear population ecology.

The bear was 7 years old at the time and was accompanied by three female cubs.

DNR wildlife research biologist Karen Noyce, tracking a signal from the bear’s radio-collar, found No. 56 on Aug. 20, she said. Noyce said the bear, judging from its condition, probably had been dead for several weeks.

Oh, and before someone asks, yes, there are porcupines in Itasca County, MN.

http://www.dnr.state.../porcupine.html

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#2    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,420 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

So because a bear with a radio-collar fitted, which could therefore be tracked and located, had died and the corpse, with bones, subsequently examined, we should believe it is impossible for sasquatch bones to not be found?

I don't know where to start to dissect the tangle of illogic that would produce such a claim.

And is "Bigfooters" a new perjorative term for those who don't automatically discredit the possible existence of such a creature?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#3    Gary Meadows

Gary Meadows

Like your uncle, only better

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Silly Bigfooters.

:)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#4    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostLeonardo, on 28 August 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

So because a bear with a radio-collar fitted, which could therefore be tracked and located, had died and the corpse, with bones, subsequently examined, we should believe it is impossible for sasquatch bones to not be found?

I don't know where to start to dissect the tangle of illogic that would produce such a claim.

And is "Bigfooters" a new perjorative term for those who don't automatically discredit the possible existence of such a creature?

It has nothing to do with a radio collar.  It has everything to do with the absurd claim made by Matt Moneymaker and many other Bigfooters that the reason Bigfoot bones are never found is that they disappear back into the environment too quickly or are eaten by porcupines (no ****, Moneymaker actually said this).

http://ourbigfoot.co...foot-bones.html

The point of my post is that No. 56's carcass was found several weeks after she had died.  So clearly (and as anyone who has ever left their keyboard and actually taken a walk in the woods knows) bones of large mammals hang around for quite some time after death and can easily be found (radio collar or not).  Particularly so given that Bigfooters claim that these creatures range all over North America and thus would require breeding populations across the entire continent.  Yet not one single bone has ever been found.  Let me say that again.  Yet not one single bone has ever been found.

Also humorous that any Bigfooter would complain about a "tangle of illogic (sic)"

Edited by Rafterman, 28 August 2013 - 04:04 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

#5    WolvenHeart7

WolvenHeart7

Alien Abducter

• 4,616 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

Perhaps they bury their dead, or eat them?

Just a thought.

#6    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 28 August 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Perhaps they bury their dead, or eat them?

Just a thought.

Or bigfoot is boneless

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#7    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

I've always wondered what the estimated size of bf's bones would be. Like the femur of this 8-10 foot few hundred pound bipedal animal.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 28 August 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#8    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

CHUDNUTS!!!!

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

following a radio signal to a bear carcass is far different than roaming around the woods waiting to stumble upon bones of an animal.

i venture out into the woods on a weekly basis in an area that is abundant with deer, a fairly large animal(though admittadly not as big as a bigfoot)
do you know how many deer carcasses i have come across in the woods? just one! (and it was only a skull) with your logic seeing how there are a huge amount of deer in my area, clearly a breeding population i should be stumbling across deer carcasses all the time.

My counter to your logic is that with an animal as abundant and big as deer are in this area and only finding one skull in the woods during a lifetime of being in the woods what are the chances of someone stumbling across a carcass or bones of a bigfoot in areas as wide open as the pacific northwest...... not great if you ask me

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#9    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostOverdueleaf, on 28 August 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

following a radio signal to a bear carcass is far different than roaming around the woods waiting to stumble upon bones of an animal.

i venture out into the woods on a weekly basis in an area that is abundant with deer, a fairly large animal(though admittadly not as big as a bigfoot)
do you know how many deer carcasses i have come across in the woods? just one! (and it was only a skull) with your logic seeing how there are a huge amount of deer in my area, clearly a breeding population i should be stumbling across deer carcasses all the time.

My counter to your logic is that with an animal as abundant and big as deer are in this area and only finding one skull in the woods during a lifetime of being in the woods what are the chances of someone stumbling across a carcass or bones of a bigfoot in areas as wide open as the pacific northwest...... not great if you ask me

Perhaps you're just not looking in the right places.  I find bones and carcases pretty much every time I venture into the woods. Heck, I remember a cow carcass where the bones stayed there for several years.

And while I might agree that the odds are a bit high for a one person to find a Bigfoot carcass, keep in mind that tens of millions of people go afield either for work or pleasure every single day in North America.  And again, not one bone has ever been found.

Oh yeah, this isn't about the radio collar.

View PostQuiteContrary, on 28 August 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

I've always wondered what the estimated size of bf's bones would be. Like the femur of this 8-10 foot few hundred pound bipedal animal.

It would be quite a meal for a porcupine no doubt.

#10    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

CHUDNUTS!!!!

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

View PostRafterman, on 28 August 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Perhaps you're just not looking in the right places....

I am in the woods along streams, rivers, lakes, open fields, known deer paths..... just what are the right places to look for deer bones?

Posted Image

#11    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

CHUDNUTS!!!!

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostRafterman, on 28 August 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

...And while I might agree that the odds are a bit high for a one person to find a Bigfoot carcass, keep in mind that tens of millions of people go afield either for work or pleasure every single day in North America.  And again, not one bone has ever been found....P

Perhaps they are not looking in the right places either (or even looking at all).. they could still very well exist just like you suggest the deer bones exist that i have not stumbled upon

Posted Image

#12    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

View PostOverdueleaf, on 28 August 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

I am in the woods along streams, rivers, lakes, open fields, known deer paths..... just what are the right places to look for deer bones?

In my experience, next to highways.

#13    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

CHUDNUTS!!!!

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postscowl, on 28 August 2013 - 06:15 PM, said:

In my experience, next to highways.

but thats not in the woods now its it.. i was not saying that ive only  seen one deer carcass/bones.. just only one in the woods

Posted Image

#14    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,420 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostRafterman, on 28 August 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Also humorous that any Bigfooter would complain about a "tangle of illogic (sic)"

So, because I am actually a skeptic - not a disbeliever - I am a "Bigfooter"?

It has nothing to do with a radio collar.  It has everything to do with the absurd claim made by Matt Moneymaker and many other Bigfooters that the reason Bigfoot bones are never found is that they disappear back into the environment too quickly or are eaten by porcupines (no ****, Moneymaker actually said this).

So what? His claim doesn't mean sasquatch exists, just as your claim doesn't mean sasquatch doesn't exist. You are both making equally ridiculous claims.

The point of my post is that No. 56's carcass was found several weeks after she had died.

Because they knew where to find it. And how intact was the carcass? The article doesn't say.

So clearly (and as anyone who has ever left their keyboard and actually taken a walk in the woods knows) bones of large mammals hang around for quite some time after death and can easily be found (radio collar or not).

No, this only suggests an animal fitted with a radio-collar can "easily be found". Nothing more.

Particularly so given that Bigfooters claim that these creatures range all over North America and thus would require breeding populations across the entire continent.  Yet not one single bone has ever been found.  Let me say that again.  Yet not one single bone has ever been found.

That there are claims of "breeding populations across the entire continent", doesn't make that claim true. But neither does what you posted (or that no bones have been found) refute it.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#15    Wyverna

Wyverna

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

• "No, I'm not a dragon slayer. I'm a dragon SAVIOR. See the difference?"

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I've said this before but I think it makes a good point here.

We've found bodies of Giant Squids. A rare creature that lives deep in the ocean where we rarely see it. Yet we have bodies of it.

It's very strange to me that we don't have bones or any concrete physical evidence of Bigfoot, a creature that lives in one of the most populated places in the world that humans have access to.

Posted Image

“But it is one thing to read about dragons and another to meet them.”
--Ursula K. Le Guin, A Wizard of Earthsea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users