Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Trust the US Government.

obey consume

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:46 AM

Trust the US Government.
God is real, God is watching.

Believe in Government, believe in God.
rebellion will not be tolerated.

Obey, consume.. Obey, consume..
Obey, consume.. Obey, consume..

Buy Ultra, Buy Naomi.
Worship, consume, Obey, Believe..

Do not Question the Government..

Funnily enough, this isn't a conspiracy theory.. it's fact.
And here I was thinking the 60's was all about flower power.

Edited by Professor T, 29 August 2013 - 04:50 AM.

#2    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,786 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

Professor, how's about a nice cup of tea? I've got Earl Grey. :)

#3    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Lol.. Earl Grey! :lol: that mind altering ***t..
It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

Wow, that's trippy....

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

So many americans take your advice Professor T.  It ain't pretty.

#6    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

It seems that way doesn't it, mind you, I don't live there, so I don't really know except for what TV/Internet tells me..

I kind of wonder whether trust in government & belief in God is not as strong as it was in the 60's.

The whole Obey & Consume sure seems to have hit the spot though & is as strong as ever..

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,214 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:45 AM

Americans consume and obey well enough alright!   Is that the evidence that this filmstrip's trick on the subconscious worked?   :P

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Of course there's also the point that if you don't consume, you pretty much die.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#9    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,577 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostRafterman, on 31 August 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Of course there's also the point that if you don't consume, you pretty much die.

Yes,  but can an American woman live without 19 pairs of shoes?    There's consumption.. and then there's CONSUMPTION

Edited by lightly, 02 September 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postlightly, on 02 September 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Yes,  but can an American woman live without 19 pairs of shoes?    There's consumption.. and then there's CONSUMPTION

Maybe she can't.  It's really none of your business now is it?

Can I live without 22 fishing rods?  My answer would be a resounding no.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

#11    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,577 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostRafterman, on 05 September 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Maybe she can't. It's really none of your business now is it?

No need to be snippy.    You would  die  if one of those rods were to disappear? Nonsense. I"m just approaching the topic of CONSUMPTION sensibly.

* I get your somewhat humorous point actually...    figures of speech and all that.

Edited by lightly, 05 September 2013 - 12:22 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#12    supervike

supervike

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,556 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Seriously, how do we know these particular sign off programs were really ever used?

It's just as easy to believe they were made recently to give the appearance of a shadow government.

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postlightly, on 05 September 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

No need to be snippy.    You would  die  if one of those rods were to disappear? Nonsense. I"m just approaching the topic of CONSUMPTION sensibly.

* I get your somewhat humorous point actually... figures of speech and all that.

Not being snippy.  I just get very annoyed when someone proceeds to make some type of moral judgement based on how someone spends their own money.

How do you know?  Maybe the woman that has 19 pairs of shoes gives tens of thousands of dollars to charity every year.

And, no, I wouldn't die if one of them disappeared.  I'd simply go buy another one.

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,214 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostRafterman, on 05 September 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Maybe she can't.  It's really none of your business now is it?

If you bought them on credit and we get stuck with the bill when a federal program pays off or guarantees your debt, it is our business.   Our business now  includes banks, insurance companies, defense companies, energy companies, food companies, mortgage and investment houses, automakers, health care providers, retirement planning, pretty much everything we do nowadays that involves credit (debt as money).

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#15    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Interesting video. The thing said that struck me the most is the statement that "television is used to create and modify human behaviours". This is certainly happening IMO..It is definitely a tool used to influence your beliefs and morals. I think the biggest problem is that of "opportunity cost".

the loss of potential gain from other alternatives when one alternative is chosen

If you are sitting around watching sh** TV all day every day, what are you missing out on?
Time is the only true commodity one has. If you are spending a lot of it watching TV and living in fantasy land, you certainly won´t be partaking in what is really happening in the world right now nor realy get to know yourself. TV takes you "out of the picture" so to speak. You become an observer and an actor and forget that you are the writer and director of your life. Those are just a few of my quick random thoughts. There really only is one true solution:

KILL YOUR TELEVISION

https://www.youtube....h?v=yan77UKYcg4

This is the "Under the Stairs" version made when the original video didn't fit MTV's rules for whatever reason.

Imagine that! MTV (probably the worst of the worst in terms of programming for behaviour modification) rejecting a video. The original can be seen here   https://www.youtube....h?v=hRAIm73okFQ

It´s definitely choppier and doesn´t have the girl in it. Other than that not hugely different. Great advice though!!

Edited by jugoso, 05 September 2013 - 07:22 PM.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users