Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

E-mail error ends up on road sign

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    shadowlark

shadowlark

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

View Postseeder, on 29 August 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

hehe yeh, imagine having your Welsh travel / language guide in your hand, and you need to ask....

where is the "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"  please?   :lol:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, a railway station on the island of Anglesey in Wales, is the longest place name in the Welsh language. At 51 letters in the Welsh alphabet, the name can be translated as "St Mary's church in the hollow of the white hazel near to the rapid whirlpool and the church of St Tysilio of the red cave".

http://en.wikipedia....est_words#Welsh

That was the first Welsh word my dad ever taught me. One of the very few words he remembers!

#17    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Apparently you can buy a conversion kit for playing Welsh scrabble. It's just a bag full of the letter "L".

#18    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,145 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostElfin, on 30 August 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

Apparently you can buy a conversion kit for playing Welsh scrabble. It's just a bag full of the letter "L".

:lol:  Good one

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#19    shadowlark

shadowlark

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostElfin, on 30 August 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

Best. Comment. Ever! :clap:

#20    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

That's pretty funny. I've always wanted to visit Wales.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users