Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

U.S. snubs Britain

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

• John Kerry praises 'oldest ally' France for supporting attacks on Syria
  • President Obama makes coded swipe at the UK's decision not to join in
  • Parliament has refused to back British involvement in military action
View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,757 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

so they will be Freedom Haggis instead of British Haggis now?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

Glad you guys in Britain have the backbone and smarts to stay out of this mess. :tu:

Unfortunately, we agree with y'all, but our President and the war mongering idiots in Congress won't listen to the will of the people.

#4    TSS

TSS

Observer

• Closed
  • 5,750 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

It'll blow over with little in the way of a lasting problem between the 2 nations (imo). Suez, Grenada, Somalia, Vietnam, we've disagreed with each other over all those conflicts, and in those cases it was the Prime Minister of the day that opted out, where as in this case it was just political game playing that ended any involvement.

I'll be interested to see what happens if the US start making more direct digs though.....because Cameron has made it clear he won't be apologising to the US or anyone for not going in.....I wonder if his words will become more heated if he's pushed on that...

Edited by Sky Scanner, 30 August 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#5    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

History goes full circle. France was the midwife to the birth of America and is it's oldest friend and ally. Though I guess to really go around in a circle, Britain will have to cosy up to ye olde friend Prussia, or should that be das alte freunde in the ancient language of our royals.

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,757 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostKaa-Tzik, on 30 August 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

History goes full circle. France was the midwife to the birth of America and is it's oldest friend and ally. Though I guess to really go around in a circle, Britain will have to cosy up to ye olde friend Prussia, or should that be das alte freunde in the ancient language of our royals.

Problem is that trick does not work anymore, the only time you can separate Germans and French nowadays is when the French want more money for social programs... besides Cameron did his best  to p*** off both in the last few years.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 August 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Problem is that trick does not work anymore, the only time you can separate Germans and French nowadays is when the French want more money for social programs... besides Cameron did his best  to p*** off both in the last few years.
There is an image in my mind of Mitterand and Kohl holding hands at a WWII memorial ceremony in 1995, and then Kohl sobbing at Mitterands funeral. UK has no chance of getting between them. I can imagine similar scenes in a few years for the centenary of Verdun, with UK side-lined, even though it was part of the general offensive that included the Somme.

#8    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

Perhaps us Brits might just do what the US did on two previous occasions - join in at half-time!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,767 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

View Postealdwita, on 30 August 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

Perhaps us Brits might just do what the US did on two previous occasions - join in at half-time!
Nah - better to stay well and truly clear of THIS train wreck.  No winners here. no way.  I support bombing the crap out of chem weapons sites and infrastructure.  Beyond that I think the Syrian situation is just unsolvable for outsiders.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#10    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,757 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Postand then, on 30 August 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:

Nah - better to stay well and truly clear of THIS train wreck.  No winners here. no way.  I support bombing the crap out of chem weapons sites and infrastructure.  Beyond that I think the Syrian situation is just unsolvable for outsiders.
Some "chemical target"  bombing in Sudan came back in form of the crashing Twin Towers... nothing gained there either.

about me

#11    A rather obscure Bassoon

A rather obscure Bassoon

Psychic Spy

• 1,869 posts

• "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."

Mark Russel

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Why get pulled in and create a bigger mess,Obama should be concentrating on the Islamists and prevent them from getting a foot in the door.Al Queada would love to get their hands on chemical weapons.

Thankyou Obama for the big jump in Gas Prices,high Gas Prices will do the US economy no favours.

Edited by shaddow134, 30 August 2013 - 11:16 PM.

" Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos. "

Anon.

#12    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 30 August 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

Why get pulled in and create a bigger mess,Obama should be concentrating on the Islamists and prevent them from getting a foot in the door.Al Queada would love to get their hands on chemical weapons.

Thankyou Obama for the big jump in Gas Prices,high Gas Prices will do the US economy no favours.

Would that be Barack HUSSEIN Obama we're on about here?

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#13    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:27 PM

Whoever Saudi Arabia supports, that is the faction we should not support. Unfortunately all Western governments and institutions such as the BBC are  enslaved by the oil money.

#14    A rather obscure Bassoon

A rather obscure Bassoon

Psychic Spy

• 1,869 posts

• "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."

Mark Russel

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

View Postealdwita, on 30 August 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Would that be Barack HUSSEIN Obama we're on about here?

He wasn't very popular here today.People are sick and tired of the constant meddling in the ME.It's long weekend here and people are paying through the nose for Gas.

Edited by shaddow134, 30 August 2013 - 11:49 PM.

" Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos. "

Anon.

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,767 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 30 August 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Some "chemical target"  bombing in Sudan came back in form of the crashing Twin Towers... nothing gained there either.
True enough, though I'd argue that had Clinton done much more at that time those towers just might be standing.  Regardless, this atrocity of 2 years in Syria is  ever worsening and if no line is drawn then Assad will continue ratcheting up his responses until he can beat down all challengers - can you imagine what might be next?  I think you know that evil really is like that.  It never stops on it's own - it must be fought.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users