Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Strange noises in Canada

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#16    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Sigh

I really wish people will give up on the noise form the sky bit

View Postzoser, on 31 August 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

It should be obvious that the sounds are real.

Of course they are real for you zoser..

but do watch this youtube video.. it will explain a rather large number of the strange noise vids on youtube

#17    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 31 August 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

Sigh

I really wish people will give up on the noise form the sky bit

Of course they are real for you zoser..

but do watch this youtube video.. it will explain a rather large number of the strange noise vids on youtube

Of course they are not real for you Dingo.  After all if you haven't heard them how can they be?

http://www.sott.net/...-Strange-Sounds

Edited by zoser, 31 August 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Posted Image

#18    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,858 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Golly gee whillikers, let's face it - noises could not possibly be investigated using our current technology!!!  I mean, that would require a hideously complicated and unbelievably expensive directional microphone!! We are decades away from that sorta thing...

.. oh, wait.. about $25 at any tech store..

Slow news day, I'm betting, judging from the other headliner being War on the Obese - Blaming the Victim.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#19    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,689 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 31 August 2013 - 04:25 AM, said:

It,s happening again. I have to admit I've heard it too here in Windsor Ontario Canada last summer. There are multiple reports worldwide recently about these strange sounds coming out of nowere. What could it be? Please don't tell me about the magnetic field making them. That is stoopid. It started to be heard and therefore documented since 2004

http://www.huffingto..._n_3845343.html

I've watched over 50 similar  recordings on youtube  from all over the globe and all are exactly the same

Watched over 50 vids? My you do have time on your hands dont you, so after 50 vids on YT then you arrive at the conclusion its the angels trumpeting the end of the world eh?  Did you read your own linked article through? if so youd have seen this bit

"Of course, a good deal of skepticism is required here -- you can't believe everything you see on YouTube, no matter how real it looks. One video that purportedly captured the strange sounds in Edmonton, Alberta, has garnered almost 800,000 views, despite being an admitted hoax. Many others have been pulled from YouTube for various violations, a possible sign that copycats have seized on the trend and produced bogus videos".

But no - lets not let rationality and common sense interfere with your youtube research

Edited by seeder, 31 August 2013 - 12:06 PM.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#20    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,858 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

The terms 'youtube' and 'research' should NEVER appear in the same sentence, paragraph, or page, imo..

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#21    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,097 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

View Postzoser, on 31 August 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

Of course they are not real for you Dingo.  After all if you haven't heard them how can they be?

http://www.sott.net/...-Strange-Sounds

funnily enough I have :D

if you go back through the posts regarding noises from the sky I said I had heard it..

turns out to be sound refraction that i heard coming from a mine about 200 km away from where we were

#22    grc

grc

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

• Out of my mind, back in five minutes.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

It's Nibiru honking at us to move out of the way.

"Bigfoot is blurry!" -Mitch Hedberg

#23    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

It can be harp

HAARP has been shut down.  And these noises have been debunked a long time ago.  People make these videos with audio software and release them hoping they go viral and they make some money on their youtube channel.  Ever notice that EVERY SINGLE video showing noise that has other people in the background, NO ONE in the background is even paying attention? That's because there was no noise.  It was added later.

#24    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 8,689 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

So ok then I had a quick look up of the sounds potential causes.. Starting with this guy - a geophysicist who works in the area of geodynamics and geotectonics.

http://en.wikipedia....Elchin_Khalilov

and he says:

"We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc.

and

" There is one more possible cause of these sounds and it may lie at the Earth's core. The fact is that the acceleration of the drift of the Earth's north magnetic pole which increased more than fivefold between 1998 and 2003 and is at the same level today points to intensification of energy processes in the Earth's core, since it is processes in the inner and outer core that form the Earth's geomagnetic field. Meanwhile, as we have already reported, on November 15, 2011 all ATROPATENA geophysical stations which record three-dimensional variations of the Earth's gravitational field almost simultaneously registered a powerful gravitational impulse. The stations are deployed in Istanbul, Kiev, Baku, Islamabad and Yogyakarta, with the first and last one being separated by a distance of about 10,000 km. Such a phenomenon is only possible if the source of this emanation is at the Earth's core level. That huge energy release from the Earth's core at the end of the last year was some kind of a start signal indicating the transition of the Earth's internal energy into a new active phase.

Now Im no geophysicist so cannot criticize his words...but it sounds more likely to me than alien machines stirring from an underground sleep, or the angels blowing trumpets as prophesied!! But even if nobody proposed such things as above, then as always with any phenomena, you should start a process of elimination, so,you need to think of everything possible, that can make sounds, rule them out one by one till your left with the most likely.

Had the OP watched just 2 vids on the sounds, and 48 other vids on possible explanations for the sounds, this may not have been posted with a potential question mark over it.

Also by careful surfing, we find this:

In an article called “Overhead Sounds in the Vicinity of Yellowstone Lake” from Science Magazine, 1893, by Edwin Linton, witnesses described hearing - "a reverberating sound, characterized by a slight metallic resonance, what one of the party called a kind of twisting yow-yow vibration"

And as we all know, Yellowstone is by/on a volcano....

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. “It’s heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope” .....said Jose, age 6.
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#25    ExoPaul

ExoPaul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

Has anyone checked if the local media have any news stories on it? I find that one man's "mystery" on Youtube is easy to check on a local newspaper website that explains it away a lot easier. If nothing else it will suggest whether only one person heard what is technically a huge racket, or whether 100's or even 1000's of people reported hearing it. If that was loud enough to roll over the hills as suggested then I would imagine the local Police would have received dozens of calls about the noise from "terrified" citizens. If no reports, and no media coverage other than a single Youtube video.... it suggests someone with a metal ruler on a cello just behind the cameraman's head! lol

#26    Codemonger

Codemonger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

• "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people" - Isaac Newton

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Watched over 50 vids? My you do have time on your hands dont you, so after 50 vids on YT then you arrive at the conclusion its the angels trumpeting the end of the world eh?  Did you read your own linked article through? if so youd have seen this bit

Did I miss something ?

" Angels Trumpeting the end of the world " - I don't think the OP said anything like that, why would you ridicule someone like that ?

#27    Arkitecht

Arkitecht

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

• The thing's you thought you knew were true,will become a lie thats new.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Definitely Gabriel sounding the trumpet.No one said he could play very well...Just meant to let you know your time is short.

Tempus Edax Rerum

#28    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,206 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

It was on the radio and national TV as well, a few times already.

In the same time in numerous articles related to similar sounds from Saskatoon oficialities like the mayor of the city declared hearing these noises.

Ottawa was asked to investigate. It is largely than just noises on youtube
For example the city of windsor paid 60.000 to a high tech team to investigate the misterios hum sound.

Ian Hamilton, North Battleford's mayor, says he can't explain it. "What I experienced was a scraping sound, like a snowplow."

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.c...5#ixzz2dYUh7OvK

So far i,ve heard a lot of suppositions as what could be the cause. Some just locally related but lets not forget it is happenining across the world and repetedly in Canada

1) city worker using a grinder
2) detroit factories
3) train
3) mine workers
4) magnetic waves
5) fakes
6) haarp

#29    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

An alien symphony? :P

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#30    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,502 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostCodemonger, on 31 August 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Did I miss something ?

" Angels Trumpeting the end of the world " - I don't think the OP said anything like that, why would you ridicule someone like that ?
that's more or less what quite a few of the comments in the viedo in the opening story said.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users