Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Strange noises in Canada

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#166    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

View PostHDesiato, on 01 September 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

"UPDATE (31-Aug-2013) This is getting major coverage on Canada TV. Checking on Twitter, the mystery mongers are out in force saying it's apocalyptic. Here are some other suggestions I found:

"trumpets of Biblical proportions"
electromagnetic sounds
HAARP (not active)
aliens
Horn of Gondor (my favorite)
train brakes
and regarding the last one – check out THIS video and don't tell me this doesn't happen."

http://doubtfulnews....eak-people-out/

Sounds like a perfect match to me! :)

That's it!! I agree. I've heard that sound so many times when I lived up north not far from the railroad station. Forgot all about it after moving away (30+ yrs). Very loud at night and also in different weather conditions. It sounded so familiar to me in those fake videos. Can't believe I didn't catch that. You should collect that $60,000!

Posted Image

#167    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:34 AM

View PostMrBene, on 14 September 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

So this is the thing;

In Argentina a video surfaced about the same. Apparently, according to the original uploader, the sound repeated for several mornings. Now, how come there's only 1 video from 1 location? IF this phenomena is so amazing, why there are not 100 videos of the same city  from different places? Why I can't find more videos about this canadian one? with the same sound from a different location?

Why?

Because everybody can fake a video. I bet the population in Canada with a cellphone is higher than Argentina, so I believe that if something weird like this really happened you would see 100 or more videos on youtube.

The newscaster did say that many people in Terrace, BC had put videos on YouTub but it seems that the CBC only showed the one in the article.

Posted Image

#168    ufoscan

ufoscan

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

Funny that after I checked all the "evidence" on YT that pointed to people just copying the same sounds that came from Spielberg's War of the Worlds or train sounds and concluded that all this could be explained fairly easily, I forgot all about it.  Then last December, after a heavy snowstorm, I went to shovel the driveway at about one in the morning and - wouldn't you know it - out of nowhere I hear this loud trumpet sound.  Only lasted about two seconds.

And I go "OMG!  I didn't hear this !" And I am trying to find some rational explanation so figure that some kids were partying and pulled out a horn and just blew in it...  So I went back to my shoveling and... half an hour later, another trumpet sound !  This one lasting about four seconds...

I don't know what produced that sound and I am sure there is a rational explanation for it.  But it was amusing to actually hear this after everyone saying - and me agreeing - that it was all a hoax...

I should point out that I live at the edge of a very small town and the sound appeared to come from a wooded area outside of town.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users