Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 3 votes

Strange noises in Canada


  • Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#61    Ugly1

Ugly1

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined:07 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Texas USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

and this is my last post on the subject which doesn't hold ANY interest for me.

It has been shown my various posts Ive made, that

There is a valid geologic/scientific explanation for the alleged sounds.
Despite stories, there are cases where the alleged videos were made, where no-one actually reported any sounds to anyone
A sharp eared web guy studied and isolated the sounds and compared the wave forms and sounds, to the same sounds in a movie, (about sounds in the skies funny enough), and has suggested without doubt, the sounds are the same. I happen to agree with the samples he chose
A video has been posted that shows a snow plough and the sounds it makes, along with examples saying road scrapers also make sustained long sounds...at night...when the roads are not busy
And...a pro UFO site has claimed they are the hoaxed works of religious cults

In fact there have been a few more examples of other possible sources creating sounds.

Whatever!



.

Also to further show that you do not know what you are talking about. That is a Motorgrader, not a snow plow. That is what we call "A Blade" being used to clear snow. A Snow plow is more similar to a front end loader with an upside down V shaped blade on it.  Got it?


#62    Ugly1

Ugly1

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined:07 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Texas USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

and this is my last post on the subject which doesn't hold ANY interest for me.

It has been shown my various posts Ive made, that

There is a valid geologic/scientific explanation for the alleged sounds.
Despite stories, there are cases where the alleged videos were made, where no-one actually reported any sounds to anyone
A sharp eared web guy studied and isolated the sounds and compared the wave forms and sounds, to the same sounds in a movie, (about sounds in the skies funny enough), and has suggested without doubt, the sounds are the same. I happen to agree with the samples he chose
A video has been posted that shows a snow plough and the sounds it makes, along with examples saying road scrapers also make sustained long sounds...at night...when the roads are not busy
And...a pro UFO site has claimed they are the hoaxed works of religious cults

In fact there have been a few more examples of other possible sources creating sounds. So in essence then, any rational mind will have realised by now there are more mundane explanations for this...than anything else.

Posted Image



.



OHHH! That makes even more sense! A Motorgrader makes different sounds at night than it does during the day while scraping on the same material? And since you obviously do not know what you are talking about, a blade man does not drag the blade on the pavement when clearing things from the road. That would take the course of rock off of the road. They hover the blade where it just scrapes the material off of the road at about 1/16th of an inch. There is no guy driving down the road digging the blade into the asphalt scraping off material. Where there may be, but it would be his last day on the Motorgrader. Not to mention, that is normally the final machine a person learns to run so there is typically not some amateur operating blades on the road that would be driving around gouging up the road to make a hoax video. Get it?


#63    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 9,641 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostUgly1, on 31 August 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Also to further show that you do not know what you are talking about. That is a Motorgrader, not a snow plow. That is what we call "A Blade" being used to clear snow. A Snow plow is more similar to a front end loader with an upside down V shaped blade on it.  Got it?

whatever. It clears the snow, so who gives a fig what you want to call it...it clears the snow either way....

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#64    Ugly1

Ugly1

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined:07 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Texas USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

whatever. It clears the snow, so who gives a fig what you want to call it...it clears the snow either way....

Oh I get you! So I can call a helicopter and airplane since they both traverse the sky? I should start calling sharks fish because they both swim? Maybe I can call an Olympic swimmer a shark because they both swim in the water and these would all mean the same thing to you under your logic?


In addition. It matters although you do not think that it does because you have no education in this field, as I suspect many others that you try to speak on from talking to you for these few short posts. As I stated above a Motor Grader does not drag its blade on the ground non stop as to produce a sound such as this. A snow plow will drag its bucket on the ground more than a blade but that is not what you had seen in that video. Although i'm sure you don't want to take my word for it, you can when I tell you that what we were listening to in some of these videos was not the sound of Heavy Equipment dragging on some sort of pavement. I work with this equipment for 10+ hours 5-6 days per week. I know.

Edited by Ugly1, 31 August 2013 - 10:30 PM.


#65    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 9,641 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostUgly1, on 31 August 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

OHHH! That makes even more sense! A Motorgrader makes different sounds at night than it does during the day while scraping on the same material? And since you obviously do not know what you are talking about, a blade man does not drag the blade on the pavement when clearing things from the road. That would take the course of rock off of the road. They hover the blade where it just scrapes the material off of the road at about 1/16th of an inch. There is no guy driving down the road digging the blade into the asphalt scraping off material. Where there may be, but it would be his last day on the Motorgrader. Not to mention, that is normally the final machine a person learns to run so there is typically not some amateur operating blades on the road that would be driving around gouging up the road to make a hoax video. Get it?




The only thing I get mate is how pedantic you are. Ive provided enough quality information/links and explanations. As have others.  Ive satisfied myself TOTALLY this most likely has any of the stated explanations. So, as far as Im concerned, JOB DONE!! No mystery, so time to move along to more stimulating threads.  rather than talk about freakin snow ploughs/graders, whatever  

have fun! :tu:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#66    Ugly1

Ugly1

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined:07 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Texas USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

The only thing I get mate is how pedantic you are. Ive provided enough quality information/links and explanations. As have others.  Ive satisfied myself TOTALLY this most likely has any of the stated explanations. So, as far as Im concerned, JOB DONE!! No mystery, so time to move along to more stimulating threads.  rather than talk about freakin snow ploughs/graders, whatever  

have fun! :tu:

You have provided explanations that have been debunked along with the rambling of the guy in the video with an obvious bias to the subject (Along with UFO's apparently).  I didn't say that the video didn't explain some of the sounds. Heck, I'll say it did so that you don't have to feel so defeated. :nw:

What I will point out one last time is that you try to represent yourself as having knowledge in certain fields based off of some crap you've witnessed on Youtube. It's just unfortunate for you that your condescending attitude didn't get you very far when you came barking at this tree. I would move on too if I were you. It's obvious to see where this is  and your credibility is going so the best thing to do would be to cut your losses and run. So go ahead, run sir. :whistle:

Edited by Ugly1, 31 August 2013 - 10:38 PM.


#67    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 9,641 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostUgly1, on 31 August 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

Oh I get you! So I can call a helicopter and airplane since they both traverse the sky? I should start calling sharks fish because they both swim? Maybe I can call an Olympic swimmer a shark because they both swim in the water and these would all mean the same thing to you under your logic?


In addition. It matters although you do not think that it does because you have no education in this field, as I suspect many others that you try to speak on from talking to you for these few short posts. As I stated above a Motor Grader does not drag its blade on the ground non stop as to produce a sound such as this. A snow plow will drag its bucket on the ground more than a blade but that is not what you had seen in that video. Although i'm sure you don't want to take my word for it, you can when I tell you that what we were listening to in some of these videos was not the sound of Heavy Equipment dragging on some sort of pavement. I work with this equipment for 10+ hours 5-6 days per week. I know.


I know you felt like a mug when I pointed out that your statement of  

"The broadcasting of a movie nobody has heard of over a loud speaker in the middle of the country in Texas..... I feel like it's been solved... Wait...

showed very clearly your lack of understanding of the material posted -  as the guy in the vid...was talking about YT vids... but you didn't quite get it. I know you felt a but humiliated after I pointed that out.

And now you feel you have to have 'one up'.... hence your sarky posts. But Im not hanging around to have back and forth posts with you as you try make yourself feel better.



.

Edited by seeder, 31 August 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#68    Ugly1

Ugly1

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined:07 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Texas USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

I know you felt like a mug when I pointed out that your statement of  

"The broadcasting of a movie nobody has heard of over a loud speaker in the middle of the country in Texas..... I feel like it's been solved... Wait...

was totally inappropriate -  as the guy in the vid...was talking about YT vids... but you didn't quite get it. I know you felt a but humiliated after I pointed that out.

And now you feel you have to have 'one up'.... hence your sarky posts. But Im not hanging around to have back and forth posts with you as you try make yourself feel better.

Have you watched the video that I am talking about, that you posted? The guy says "All these sounds, like the UFO Myth". He classified ALL Sounds people have heard, with UFO's that were totally off subject and not discussed in any of the youtube videos. Based off of what he said, we can make the logical conclusion that he is speaking of ALL THE SOUNDS just like ALL THE UFO hoaxes.

How was my comment inappropriate? You come in here claiming that you have the end all answer to this mystery and when challenged you take offense? So please explain how you've come to the conclusion that I got the feeling of humiliation while debunking the nonsense you put as the end all answer to the sounds? I think its quite the contrary.

You remind me of. Posted Image

Edited by Ugly1, 31 August 2013 - 10:48 PM.


#69    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

    Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

  • Member
  • 3,223 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Male

  • Question everything

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

View PostUgly1, on 31 August 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

OHHH! That makes even more sense! A Motorgrader makes different sounds at night than it does during the day while scraping on the same material? And since you obviously do not know what you are talking about, a blade man does not drag the blade on the pavement when clearing things from the road. That would take the course of rock off of the road. They hover the blade where it just scrapes the material off of the road at about 1/16th of an inch. There is no guy driving down the road digging the blade into the asphalt scraping off material. Where there may be, but it would be his last day on the Motorgrader. Not to mention, that is normally the final machine a person learns to run so there is typically not some amateur operating blades on the road that would be driving around gouging up the road to make a hoax video. Get it?

This is what we northerners mean when we refer to a snow plow:

http://www.hankstruc...now_plows05.htm

Unlike a grader that generally creeps along at a few miles an hour, they run flat out, and scraping, dragging or whatever, you can hear those puppies over a mile off.
It seems pretty evident though that you and he are talking about two entirely separate sets of phenomena, not necessarily linked to a common cause.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#70    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 9,641 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostUgly1, on 31 August 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Have you watched the video that I am talking about, that you posted? The guy says "All these sounds, like the UFO Myth". He classified ALL Sounds people have heard, with UFO's that were totally off subject and not discussed in any of the youtube videos. Based off of what he said, we can make the logical conclusion that he is speaking of ALL THE SOUNDS just like ALL THE UFO hoaxes.

How was my comment inappropriate? You come in here claiming that you have the end all answer to this mystery and when challenged you take offense? So please explain how you've come to the conclusion that I got the feeling of humiliation while debunking the nonsense you put as the end all answer to the sounds? I think its quite the contrary.

You remind me of.

tell you what, you go listen to the vid, and make notes of what he says that you feel is important - and the time count on the vid - so I can quickly find it.  Then we can split some more hairs. And as already stated, any of the explanations offered sit better with me than anything paranormal. Tho you just focus on one mans words in his own explanation. Like I said, pedantic

Bit pointless really isnt it?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#71    pallidin

pallidin

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,790 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:30 PM

Sounds like someone needs to get-off of their electric guitar and unplug the backyard amplifiers.


#72    Ugly1

Ugly1

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined:07 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Texas USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 31 August 2013 - 11:13 PM, said:

This is what we northerners mean when we refer to a snow plow:

http://www.hankstruc...now_plows05.htm

Unlike a grader that generally creeps along at a few miles an hour, they run flat out, and scraping, dragging or whatever, you can hear those puppies over a mile off.
It seems pretty evident though that you and he are talking about two entirely separate sets of phenomena, not necessarily linked to a common cause.

I didn't see any of the scrapers in the link you posted above that were similar to the motor grader that was in the video I watched on you tube. In response to that, the machine in said video was not running flat out, it was blading off the snow at a few miles per hour. From that view, it simply seems like you are running fast. What he is doing is simply winrowing out the snow, lining it out like you would a power drug. If you watch the video, you will notice there is no shrieking you could hear from a mile away. (Correction, just watched again, and there was definitely some shrieking going on! lol)

I do get your point however. What you call one thing, I may call another. Didn't even consider such a thing to be honest with you.

Edited by Ugly1, 31 August 2013 - 11:53 PM.


#73    Ugly1

Ugly1

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined:07 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Texas USA

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

tell you what, you go listen to the vid, and make notes of what he says that you feel is important - and the time count on the vid - so I can quickly find it.  Then we can split some more hairs. And as already stated, any of the explanations offered sit better with me than anything paranormal. Tho you just focus on one mans words in his own explanation. Like I said, pedantic

Bit pointless really isnt it?

Agreed. I would rather not argue with you and just have a civil discussion. I didn't say that I disagreed with his hypothesis. You are missing the point completely in that this is a discussion forum. You came here saying you found the end all answer based off of what you had seen in a youtube video, and even posted a "Case Closed" stamp. I am simply splitting hairs to show that this is not "Case Closed" any more than Ufology is "Case Closed".  I'm bringing discussion to the part of the topic where you had an end all answer supposedly. Nothing against you as a person, I am only questioning the logic of said man in video thinking he has debunked every sound that is being discussed.


#74    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2011

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostUgly1, on 31 August 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

OHHH! That makes even more sense! A Motorgrader makes different sounds at night than it does during the day while scraping on the same material?

actually most machinery sounds different during the night then during the day.. mainly due to there being less ambient noise at night :D


#75    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 9,641 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

View Postseeder, on 31 August 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

cannot get vid posted here, but click and do watch it


The "Strange Sounds Heard Around The World" EXPLAINED Once And For All

THIS SHOULD BE FEATURED!!!  (says that website not me)




View PostUgly1, on 31 August 2013 - 11:49 PM, said:

You came here saying you found the end all answer based off of what you had seen in a youtube video,

.  I'm bringing discussion to the part of the topic where you had an end all answer supposedly. Nothing against you as a person, I am only questioning the logic of said man in video thinking he has debunked every sound that is being discussed.

see first post bolded in RED above.   I never made any quotes I had found the be all and end all answer, I EVEN TOOK CARE TO POINT THAT OUT!

click this to see 'that' website made the claims...that I just quoted
http://www.liveleak....5749&comments=1

And before that post was made, Id already offered a handful of other credible explanations. Sorry to say therefore, that if you  have 'once again', mistook a post I made, and it seems perfectly clear that you have....then you need to be saying that to me. Then we can have a civil discussion, which is what Im here for   :tu:


.

Edited by seeder, 01 September 2013 - 12:28 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users