Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NuSTAR Delivers the X-Ray Goods

nustar x-ray astronomy black holes nasa

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,004 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

NuSTAR Delivers the X-Ray Goods

www.nasa.gov said:

NASA's Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array, or NuSTAR, is giving the wider astronomical community a first look at its unique X-ray images of the cosmos. The first batch of data from the black-hole hunting telescope is publicly available today, Aug. 29, via NASA's High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center, or HEASARC.

"We are pleased to present the world with NuSTAR's first look at the sky in high-energy X-rays with a true focusing telescope," said Fiona Harrison, the mission's principal investigator at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena.  

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

Excellent! Maybe this can help shed some light on many of the mysteries of space and make them not so mysterious any longer. Thanks for the info Waspie. I've only been able to glance over it, about to leave for work but this sounds like something I would be fascinated by. I'll be back! Ha, off to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users