Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Can a Severed Head Live On?

severed heads

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

There is certainly some evidence that tribes who regularly practiced beheading believed there was signs that the head lived on for a short time.  I have read before that one tribe use to behead victims in a kind of catapult and immediately fired the head into the air.  They believed the last sensation of the victim would be flying.

I don't think a person could handle the trauma personally.  When I was younger I was unfortunately in a car accident where my best friend who was driving died.  He lost control in some unexpected ice but we both knew many seconds before it would end in a crash.  We hit a tree and he unfortunately broke his neck, and he did die instantly.  I know this as I was watching him on impact and his expression never changed, no more breaths. no blinks of the eye's just instantly nothing.  

I was lucky to escape with broken feet and a few other injuries that I have had surgery for over many years.  It is the mental scares that don't heal.

It is the cutting of the spinal cord which kills, otherwise victims of hanging would also live on as all the other arteries would be intact.

Edited by skookum, 05 September 2013 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users