-Curious + clueless guy wants someone to guide him on the path of discovering the mystic. To be specific: I hope someone can explain the weird things section below, and also suggest a program/regimen for me to start learning. I am interested in increasing my (supernatural) physical and mental abilities, eg pyro/tele/whateverkinesis (to prove that they are real, and even use them to make myself feel awesome), meditation, channeling of energy and healing (for improving my quality of life), self-defense techniques (for protecting myself and the ones I care about). There are probably other fields of study out there, feel free to suggest as long as the techniques involved do not force any people/other things into obedience, nor hurt them.
-Would prefer fields of study which do no harm to myself and others while in the course of pursuing the unknown.
-Will keep a log of my experiences if **** is not a hoax. Not publicized unless with prior consent from teacher.
-I will agree to study under rules that the teacher sets before I start on the program if I deem them acceptable. If not, I'll just look for another program to pursue.
-How can you trust me? Frankly, I have no idea. Just teach me some stuff that isn't sensitive...
-Why no publicized proof yet of paranormal experiences? The Bermuda Triangle, Marie Celeste (or whatever I spell that) are the only widely known examples of this I have found yet. Wikipedia denies any involvement with paranormal activity though. Frustating as hell.
Hello. I am a teen guy., and frankly I am here because I admit the concept of paranormal experiences is intriguing. I stumbled on this site while I was googling some guy called the Master of Java who could apparently control electricity with his body. My motivation for discovering more is curiosity, and hope that I may be able to do something interesting and beneficial. As corny and fake as it sounds, I actually believe that I am a good person and I would like to improve life not only for myself, but for others as well. I have made some mistakes in the past that I regret and frankly I don't know if this is one of them - everything I have learned up to this point leads me to be quite skeptic of the concept of...weird stuff. Currently I am on a path to improve myself both physically and mentally, so I thought to myself ah fuark it, I won't lose anything but a few hours of time if it turns out to be a great stinking hoax...but on the flip side, the benefits would be so staggeringly huge, so sure it's worth taking a gamble!
Weird things which have happened to me:
1. My first memory was of waking up when I was 3 years old. I don't remember the date. From my hazy recollections, I just remember waking up in the front room of my house, once my bedroom and now a storeroom. I did not wonder why I was here. I just walked downstairs and greeted my parents. And after that, my life has continued until now. I literally have zero recollections of before that. My parents show me photos, take me to my old home...but I don't remember anything. Not how my parents taught me to talk. Not how I took my first step. I feel a little empty when I think of the lost memories of my first years.
2. I have the weirdest coincidences happen to me - lately, most of them involve my crush.. I confessed to her twice without realizing it, under freakish circumstances, the first time before I even started having a crush on her. It took a while to clean that particular mess up, as I am not yet ready to confess! I keep bumping into my crush unintentionally. When I think things are going right between us and I might start being friends with her, I mange to do something REALLY awkward and we are back to square one or worse. It is as if fate is throwing us together, then pulling us apart just to watch the ensuing confusion. Now I am very confused and awkward around her because I don't know what to do. I just hide behind a cold exterior and pray I don't manage to p*** her off even more than I already have.
3. I have had several experiences where I barely pushed through/got very lucky. Let's just say that some of these things could have altered my life significantly, possibly not for the better if I had not succeeded. However, I seem to be an unlucky person in general. But in situations where it's do-or-die, occasionally literally, I pushed through. For now.
4. Once I tried to make a Ki Ball or something of that variety, I could feel a faint tingling in my hands although that might just be due to me concentrating hard on feelings in that part of my body. Got bored and gave up easily, thought it was a hoax and left it at that.
5. My instincts are TERRIBLE. I have a freakishly high percentage of times when I felt something was going to be JUST RIGHT. Then everything went wrong horribly. Or the other way around. In short, my feelings turn out to be wrong a large number of the time.
6. I sometimes have a sense of deja vu. I don't really know how to describe it. It is as if I sort of know what is going to happen next, or have been doing this before.
7. I seem to find there is a balance between good luck and bad luck in my life. I may have a lucky streak, but then my day gets terrible. The opposite is true - I never seem to have a period where I get a neverending streak of bad luck/good luck.
The biggest obstacle standing between me and acceptance of unexplained stuff is the lack of evidence. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to remove this doubt. There are a literal forkload of firsthand accounts involving paranormal activity on the internet but there just doesn't seem to be any substantial proof. One would think with the insane amount of paranormal happenings, at least some of them would have been made public. But so far there is just a bunch of debunked myths. Maybe it is as you say - the only way to find out is first hand experience. Which is why I even bothered writing this huge ass wall of text in the first place.
Edited by CuriousTeen, 31 August 2013 - 05:25 PM.