Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Strange Guy on Tv

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    lb7772

lb7772

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:03 PM

Ok, first I just want to say that I don't think that what I'm about to talk about was really what I thought was going on, but this is the internet and I want to see if anyone might have experienced something similar to this before.

I was about 10 years old at the time ( I'm 21 now ). Me and my friend were at his house late at night ( ~2 a.m. ) channel surfing because there was nothing on. We landed on some random channel with a guy just sitting there looking at the camera. We sat there and watched for a minute and the guy was just looking into the camera, no one was saying anything. Then the guy said, "well go ahead I'm ready" and then waited for a response. Me and my friend looked at each other like "wtf?". A few seconds later he said something along the lines of "go on, ask me anything". So, being silly kids, we said to the tv, "are you gay?". Immediately the guy smiled and said something like " I'm afraid not, sorry. Anything else?". Me and my friend immediately freaked out and changed the channel because it really seemed like the guy was responding directly to us. After a few mintues we decided to turn back to the channel, and when we did the guy was still sitting there looking into the camera and he said, "oh, you're back". That's when we really freaked and shut the tv off. This was well before the age of smart tv's, etc. There's no way we could have been connected over the internet or anything.

So basically I'm wondering whether anyone experienced something weird like this before? Again, I really just think it was a coincidence but it seemed strange that the guy responded immediately, seemed to know what we were asking him, and even seemed to greet us when we turned back to that channel. Any thoughts?

Also, I apologize if I'm in the wrong area posting this or if this is a waste of space ( Never posted on here before ).

#2    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,170 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

lb7772, on 31 August 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Ok, first I just want to say that I don't think that what I'm about to talk about was really what I thought was going on, but this is the internet and I want to see if anyone might have experienced something similar to this before.

I was about 10 years old at the time ( I'm 21 now ). Me and my friend were at his house late at night ( ~2 a.m. ) channel surfing because there was nothing on. We landed on some random channel with a guy just sitting there looking at the camera. We sat there and watched for a minute and the guy was just looking into the camera, no one was saying anything. Then the guy said, "well go ahead I'm ready" and then waited for a response. Me and my friend looked at each other like "wtf?". A few seconds later he said something along the lines of "go on, ask me anything". So, being silly kids, we said to the tv, "are you gay?". Immediately the guy smiled and said something like " I'm afraid not, sorry. Anything else?". Me and my friend immediately freaked out and changed the channel because it really seemed like the guy was responding directly to us. After a few mintues we decided to turn back to the channel, and when we did the guy was still sitting there looking into the camera and he said, "oh, you're back". That's when we really freaked and shut the tv off. This was well before the age of smart tv's, etc. There's no way we could have been connected over the internet or anything.

So basically I'm wondering whether anyone experienced something weird like this before? Again, I really just think it was a coincidence but it seemed strange that the guy responded immediately, seemed to know what we were asking him, and even seemed to greet us when we turned back to that channel. Any thoughts?

Also, I apologize if I'm in the wrong area posting this or if this is a waste of space ( Never posted on here before ).
Reminds me of Chat Roulette

#3    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

The New Richard Nixon, on 31 August 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Reminds me of Chat Roulette

Not really, the man wasn't touching himself innapropriately...

Posted Image

#4    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,990 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

seems like a case of you memory being changed in the decade plus sense then, coupled w/ some guy messing w/ people on a cable access channel

Battle isn't wordplay.  It's skill and precision.  Get it? I'm better.

#5    Vance665

Vance665

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Cool story bro.

#6    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

What is with these stories when they are children? If every person had Photographic memory then it be a different story. It brings to people forgetting it was a dream or saw on tv and they mix up the story a bit.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#7    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,990 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

I blame the Crystal Cove story

#8    Akanatsu

Akanatsu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

Crystal Cove? Are you talking about the Candle Cove creepypasta about the puppet show? lol

#9    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,990 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

yeah.yeah that, my bad

#10    Akanatsu

Akanatsu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Yeah, it seems like a lot of people are making more off anything popular. Slenderman, "The Pocket", hell, there was even about 2-3 months where Pokemon creepypasta spread like wildfire after a pretty good one about hacking with a gameshark was made. Snow on Mt. Silver, or Pokemon Silver (lost) or something. So, one can only suspect OP just wrote a quick little fiction-story and decided to post it here for giggles.

Edited by Akanatsu, 01 September 2013 - 02:04 AM.

#11    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

Another Hit-And-Run Poster!

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#12    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,990 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

What's "The Pocket"?

I swear if any of you say that its where your wallet goes I'll start believing in telekinesis and mind punch you

#13    Akanatsu

Akanatsu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

SkepticalB, on 01 September 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

What's "The Pocket"?

I swear if any of you say that its where your wallet goes I'll start believing in telekinesis and mind punch you

According to the creepy pasta, it's a skinny, pale creature that moves like Smeagle from LotR, but he stalks his prey and then mauls them. Y'know, run of the mill creepypasta about something that kills people. Whoops, wrong creepypasta. It's something that was stuck in a cave, or a mine, or something, and it kills people to be "free", and apparently some kind of beast. Still, run of the mill creepypasta.

Edited by Akanatsu, 01 September 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#14    ZOD

ZOD

Future Leader of Earth

• 4,990 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

ohhh, quite Rakeish.

its nice that folktales have survived the internet era.

#15    Akanatsu

Akanatsu

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Yeah, The Rake is the first one I was thinking of. Here's some dude reading it, with sound effects and stuff. I found his readings of the creepypasta to be actually kind of amusing. Spent a good 3-4 maybe 5 hours listening to them while doing other stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users