Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 2 votes

Do undeclared wars steal from the people?

constitution declaration of war congress war bankruptcy

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Do undeclared wars steal from the people? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Do undeclared wars steal from the people?

  1. Yes (10 votes [83.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 83.33%

  2. No (2 votes [16.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,228 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:48 AM



After what occurred last Friday in the British House of Commons, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and then felt afterwards.

Our former colonial host, who my family bled to shed the yoke of, telling their elected commander in chief that he couldn't go to war, and him accepting this?

What a novel idea the Brits have adopted, the civilian head of the military going so far as to say, " I get that."

What I don't get is the idea that my family bled for the right to decide when we go to war, and someone has casually taken that away.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#2    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

    Traveler of both time and space

  • Member
  • 4,105 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

  • I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

Democracy in action


#3    Almagest

Almagest

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Joined:16 Mar 2013

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Wait I'm confused, it's bad that the Parliament voted down war? You know the House of Commons is made up from democratically elected MPs. As far as I understand from the British system it is the monarch who is the commander in chief of the military, and they act on advice from Parliament.

Life is the result of the struggle between dynamic opposites Form & Chaos, Substance & Oblivion, Light & Dark And all the infinite variations of Yin & Yang
When the pendulum swings in favour of one It will eventually swing in favour of it's opposite Thus the balance of the universe is maintained

-Jeru the Damaja

#4    Thanato

Thanato

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,074 posts
  • Joined:27 Jun 2004

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 01 September 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:



After what occurred last Friday in the British House of Commons, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, and then felt afterwards.

Our former colonial host, who my family bled to shed the yoke of, telling their elected commander in chief that he couldn't go to war, and him accepting this?

What a novel idea the Brits have adopted, the civilian head of the military going so far as to say, " I get that."

What I don't get is the idea that my family bled for the right to decide when we go to war, and someone has casually taken that away.

The Prime Minister is not the Commander in Chief. The Prime Minister is the ruler of the leading party. In Englnd the Queen is the Commander in Chief of the UK's Military, as in Canada the Governer General is the Commander in Chief of the Canadian Armed Forces.

These governments need the support of the house to launch Military Action, though it helps when you have a Majority because you control the swing of the house, I believe that the UK Government is a Minority meaning that they would need the support of one or more of the other parties. Where as in Canada we have a Majority where the Ruling party has over 50% of the elected Seats.

However you can not vote on starting Military Action without a vote in Parliament, the PM can however extend a mission without one (which has been done in Canada multiple Times with relation to the Afghanistan Mission).

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

****
"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato
****

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,197 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Good news from England!  Bravo! :tsu:


#6    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,228 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Well if he's not the commander-in-chief, he was was clearly saying that aggression would not proceed, because Of that vote. So he was implying that he was the decision-maker. Call it whatever you like.

I'm not trying to nitpick the proper title, that's not the point here at all. The point, is my own family literally bled not to do what recent U.S. presidents have done repeatedly in my country. The list is long, and growing longer.

It therefore gives me no option, but to appeal to a Higher power, because The military-industrial complex that Pres. Eisenhower warned U.S. about has completely taken over my government. The will of the people has been silenced by wolves far too easily.



Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 12,586 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • I dunno --

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Congress has the power to "declare war," but that is not defined.  I don't know but I doubt there has been a formal "declaration of war" for a long time, and then only when fighting had already begun.

It can't possibly mean the President has to get Congressional approval for every military action, since then the country would not be able to defend itself.


#8    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

    Traveler of both time and space

  • Member
  • 4,105 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

  • I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 01 September 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Well if he's not the commander-in-chief, he was was clearly saying that aggression would not proceed, because Of that vote. So he was implying that he was the decision-maker. Call it whatever you like.

I'm not trying to nitpick the proper title, that's not the point here at all. The point, is my own family literally bled not to do what recent U.S. presidents have done repeatedly in my country. The list is long, and growing longer.

It therefore gives me no option, but to appeal to a Higher power, because The military-industrial complex that Pres. Eisenhower warned U.S. about has completely taken over my government. The will of the people has been silenced by wolves far too easily.
Is not the will of the people expressed by parliament? It would seem any other decision but to abide the vote of parliament would subvert the will of the people. I served my country as well and my family bled to preserve the freedom of America and I have seen the heart of our bill of rights torn out by the patriot act so I can understand your pain but what else was the PM to do?


#9    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

    Traveler of both time and space

  • Member
  • 4,105 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

  • I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 01 September 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Congress has the power to "declare war," but that is not defined.  I don't know but I doubt there has been a formal "declaration of war" for a long time, and then only when fighting had already begun.

It can't possibly mean the President has to get Congressional approval for every military action, since then the country would not be able to defend itself.
In the US there has been no formal declaration of war since WWII


#10    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,228 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 01 September 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

In the US there has been no formal declaration of war since WWII
If we're directly attacked that's one thing, quick action is called for, but we've seen several lies precede unnecessary wars.

In the jet age, Congress can be called back in a day, yet when this concept was structured, it might take weeks to convene Congress, and still they wanted the people to have the final say.

The military industrial complex in the U.S. will lie, cheat, steal, whatever it takes to make war without declaration, and they will do the same when it comes to spying on U.S. citizens.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 12,586 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • I dunno --

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 01 September 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

The military industrial complex in the U.S. will lie, cheat, steal, whatever it takes to make war without declaration, and they will do the same when it comes to spying on U.S. citizens.
You know, I think that is weird.  To an extent all people and all institutons do things like that, but your paranoia and focus on one fantasy is just not realistic at all, and completely distorts reality.


#12    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,228 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 01 September 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

You know, I think that is weird.  To an extent all people and all institutons do things like that, but your paranoia and focus on one fantasy is just not realistic at all, and completely distorts reality.
Tyranny thrives on a lack of "paranoia," and while the status quo might be a reality, it doesn't mean I have to agree with it.

I have no problem arguing my version of reality, but yours sounds like complacency.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 12,586 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

  • I dunno --

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

I can't say what yours sounds like or the moderators will be upset.


#14    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,228 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

It's bad enough to spend such large sums of money on undeclared wars, but if you follow the money trail, guess where it leads within the military industrial complex?

The trees we can clearly see, but the forest we're ignoring is an intelligence community that has become an independent power, operating outside the system of checks and balances, which the framers of the Constitution clearly envisioned. That abuse of power now includes our privacy, which you cannot put a price on.


Posted Image
Source

In October, 2005 the New York Times reported that Robert J. Hanvok, a historian for the U.S. National Security Agency, had concluded that the NSA deliberately distorted the intelligence reports that it had passed on to policy-makers regarding the August 4, 1964 Tonkin Vietnam incident. - Source

Then the same thing happened in Iraq, with the CIA's false assessments of Iraq's nuclear capabilities and links to Al-Qaeda.



So it should come as no surprise that in Edward Snowden's recently released documents highlighting the rapidly inflating black budgets of the NSA and CIA, that the very two entities caught lying in these two fraudulent undeclared wars are who are directly profiting from the abuse of our Constitution.

Posted Image

ON top of all this, the vast data mining projects begun by the NSA that will later include the capability to surveil all Americans took place as a direct result of the Iraq War. So this lie has led to series of others.

The Real Time Regional Gateway was a data collection program introduced in 2005 in Iraq by NSA during the Iraq War. It consisted of gathering all Iraqi electronic communication, storing it, then searching and otherwise analyzing it. It was effective in providing information about Iraqi insurgents who had eluded less comprehensive techniques. Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian believes that the "collect it all" strategy introduced by NSA director Alexander shows that "the NSA's goal is to collect, monitor and store every telephone and internet communication" worldwide. -  Source

Do I trust the NSA?

I trust Heat Miser(6/2/13) ... who follows Mr. Snowden.(6/5/13)

Edited by Raptor Witness, 02 September 2013 - 08:50 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#15    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,197 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 01 September 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

In the US there has been no formal declaration of war since WWII

Yet we have been "at war" for many many years since WWII.  As Smedley Butler said, war is a racket.  I think Cheney would absolutely agree.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users