Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange and shining vaporous rocks at Mexico

Ligia Cabus

MEXICO. State of Sonora. On Federal Highway 15, near the company Kowi, exit north of the Mexican city of Navojoa, were found strange rocks that emit vapors with chlorine odor. These vapors produce color change in materials such as paper or cardboard.

The Technical Secretary of Novojoa's Civil Defense, Juan Manuel Ramirez Sandoval, commented: We don't know what are these rocks ...

The commander of the Fire Department... added: ...We also don't know if the gas is something like a toxic substance or if the stones are radioactive. Only a careful study can determine their origin, if these rocks are of the earth... or not.

SOURCE: http://brazilweirdne...rous-rocks.html

• Like 2

How come this post is in two forums and when I reply to one it shows up in both?

p.s. Am I the only person who read the article in a Mexican accent?

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

p.s. Am I the only person who read the article in a Mexican accent?

after this, i read the OP again ant wasn't able NOT to read it in mexican accent! :D

• Like 3

Could be toxic waste dumped off the side of the highway or something.

that was my first haphazard conclusion.....some factory waste, lost or deliberately dropped off a truck or so....

In Mehico? Where's Jaime Maussan??? He'll know what to do!!

I wonder if it could be radon gas. Some people can end up with radioactive countertops when a slab of granite is cut and processed while radon is still trapped within the rock.