Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Could You Survive the End of the Universe?

universe survive

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#16    cacoseraph

cacoseraph

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

• this user is both more and less wrathful and more and less clever than he seems

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 02 September 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Are you just showing off your ignorance or do you have a point?   I don't see where your post has anything to do with anything.

I think sometimes ppl forget which side of the forum they are posting on =P

edit:

as for surviving.... I think there are sort of two questions to look at: 1) Can you survive UNTIL the end? and 2) Can you survive after the end?

From what I have read most theory says the end is, to put it scientifically, gazillions of years away.  I don't think any organzied structures except maybe black dwarfs and a very few rocky planets will survive in their organized state for even one gazillion years.  So, something as energetic and organized as a person almost certainly can not.

However, if you "magically" wormholed in or something like that and if you go with the Heat Death of the Universe theory then there basically would be almost nothing to hurt you.  If you had a sweet space ship it almost seems like you would be safer then, than now.
http://en.wikipedia....of_the_universe

Actually I just reread through the Heat Death and I guess even black dwarfs would eventually disappear before the end.

Also, black dwarfs are a really neat idea: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Black_dwarf

Edited by cacoseraph, 02 September 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#17    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 02 September 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

Are you just showing off your ignorance or do you have a point?   I don't see where your post has anything to do with anything.

yes

...  but  please , don't  let  me  get  in your way .  please  go on ...  i  am  sure you have  more  to  say  on  the  explaination of  your  insight .   the  complex  workings  of  your  understanding .

don't let  me  interupt .

#18    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

yes to showing off ignorance or yes to having a point

given you didnt give your point it hints more towards one than the other

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#19    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

theory is pretty  much  a personality bully  battle ,  some bullys are bigger than others ,  but  in  the  end , you have  a schedule of  event which  will  not  change  to fit theory ...

the galaxys we  see   in  our  night sky  will  in  a few  moments  be gone ,  the  microwave  heat  of the  big bang will  fade ,  and  across  the  face  of  the  deep ,  energy will  continue  to  do  as  it  has  since  the   first  moments  of the  bang .

what  ever theory  we  might share  will  not  change  events .

the  root  of  ignorance  ...  is  " to  look away , as to not see , to avoid  evidence that  might  challange  ones  thinking  or  beleif system by  ignoring it by  willful not seeing . "

i will  be willful  in  my seeking  of  evidence that  changes  my  beleif system .
i activly  discribe  where  others  may  look  , to  see  where  i  have gone  to follow  a path  less  traveled .
i will  not  back away from a bully , because  he is common  or  well  fed  on  the  bones  of  smaller  bullys .

#20    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

my  seeking  has  shown   a  common  form/function  in  creation .  a pattern  of  how  'god'  does  things in reality .

its  comicaly  clear  that time/space  is  a interface  between two  dimensions ...  awareness is  the  dimension that  results.

the  bang  is   energy ...   logicaly ...   a  crunch  will  end  time/space   and  it will  likly  be  a gravity well ( black  hole .    a  black  hole  is  a singularity of  mass ,  great  enought  to  prevent  the  escape of  light  from  any  object   with  in  its  " local event horizon"  .   the  size  of  the  horizon follows  the  square  of  the  distance  law ,  but  has  the   form/function  of  a  field of  effect  ,rather  than  ele-radiation /particle ....   therfore   is  additive  to  other  local event horizons .

like  meny  balls  of  liquid  mercury on  a thin  film  of  rubber ...  they  do  not  just  pull the  location  they  are  in...   they  pull  the  rubber  down  as  well ...

collectivly ,  they will  all  come togather  in  the  end ...   as  a logical out come.

Edited by onereaderone, 03 September 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#21    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

When you say something is "comically clear" do you mean funny or are you like me a poor typist?

#22    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postcacoseraph, on 02 September 2013 - 10:29 PM, said:

if you "magically" wormholed in or something like that
and if you go with the Heat Death of the Universe theory
then there basically would be almost nothing to hurt you.

If you had a sweet space ship it almost seems like you would be safer then, than now.

" If you had a sweet space ship  ,it almost seems like you would be safer then, than now."

ah , there  it is ...  in  concept  any place  you stand  would  be subject  to  the  field of  effect of  the  last  black hole .
increase  at  the  square  of the  distance  (  as  you get  closer ) ....  so  you  can  never  get  near it....

but also  the  issue  of  time .

as  long  as  you  are  in  time  space...  there  is  time .

...or...   change  is  time ,  your being  is  change ...  so  time  continues.

time  space  can  not "reset"   as  long  as  you  are  in there ,  looking  at  that  last  black hole...  

and  that  hole  is  doing  nothing  but pulling  you  into it .

unless  you  jump  out  of  time/space...into  a  diffrent dimension...   the  end  can not happen  with  you  still  there.

#23    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,130 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

poetic but not real informative

#24    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 03 September 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

When you say something is "comically clear" do you mean funny or are you like me a poor typist?

a  good  stand  up comic ,  will get  a laugh  were  ever  he  can  find it .

communication  is the  meeting  of  the  mind between  two  upon  the  meaning of  a word .
if  you arrive at  the  meaning ,  then  communication  was  acheived .

if  you struggle  to  understand  the  concepts  of  interfacing  dimensions ,  then  i  can  go thru  a series  of  metaphors   and models   or  behavior  to  explain  .  

in   simpe  terms...   your  body  lives  in  space...   your  brain  lives  in  time...   your  soul/ personality  connects  the  two.

... Friday  is  not  the  same  as  new york ...  

if  it  is  not  clear  that an  hour  is  not  the  same  as  a place ...  i  can  not  help you

#25    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 03 September 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

poetic but not real informative

agree'd  ...   but  i have  to  play  the  ignorance  game ...  and  make  it  so  clear  that  my  gramr  and spelling  are  not  the  main  point  being  worked  out...

#26    cacoseraph

cacoseraph

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 176 posts

• this user is both more and less wrathful and more and less clever than he seems

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

View Postonereaderone, on 03 September 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

" If you had a sweet space ship  ,it almost seems like you would be safer then, than now."

ah , there  it is ...  in  concept  any place  you stand  would  be subject  to  the  field of  effect of  the  last  black hole .
increase  at  the  square  of the  distance  (  as  you get  closer ) ....  so  you  can  never  get  near it....

but also  the  issue  of  time .

as  long  as  you  are  in  time  space...  there  is  time .

...or...   change  is  time ,  your being  is  change ...  so  time  continues.

time  space  can  not "reset"   as  long  as  you  are  in there ,  looking  at  that  last  black hole...  

and  that  hole  is  doing  nothing  but pulling  you  into it .

unless  you  jump  out  of  time/space...into  a  diffrent dimension...   the  end  can not happen  with  you  still  there.

Well, if you read about the Heat Death of the Universe, the end only comes after the last black hole has evaporated, which would take roughly 10^100 years.   So, really, aside from MAYBE some rocky bodies/planets that avoided being reduced to more simple structures there is just not going to be a lot around to damage you in that theory.  All the highly energetic particles have settled into a state of basically no energy.  Everything is calm and serene... and really, quite boring.

Now, obviously no one actually knows how the universe will die, and honestly, the Heat Death is a pretty old theory as far as these things go, so I expect as science keeps sciencing we will get more likely theories that differ from this one and are probably more likely.

But, it is a nice talking point, for sure.

Edited by cacoseraph, 03 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#27    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

the path  being walked  is   the  nature  of  time/space  itself.

if  awareness  is  a  result  of  a  interface  of   eternity/time/change-energy   ....    and  the  dimension  infinity/ space/ location-mass   =    god / reality/ awareness

a  dimension is  defined  as   that  which  has  at  least  these  three  qualitys   1)  and  infinite quality  / a  base quality  /   and  a finite  quality ....

as a  general  rule ...   the  finite  quality  x  infinite  will  be  its   infinite  quality....   and    as  a general  rule  ,  the  base  does  not  change  the  quality  it  measures

#28    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

the  heat  death  or  ev

View Postcacoseraph, on 03 September 2013 - 02:22 AM, said:

Well, if you read about the Heat Death of the Universe, the end only comes after the last black hole has evaporated, which would take roughly 10^100 years.   Everything is calm and serene... and really, quite boring.

But, it is a nice talking point, for sure.

conservation  of  motion/energy  is  not  very  friendly  to  heat  death...  

frankly  speaking...   which  do  you  honestly  think is close  to  the  truth....

1)  it  blooms  out  untill   there  is  a  still  quiet  pond....   and  nothing  changes  for  eternity ...

2) the  fire  turns  to ash ,  the  ash  turns  to  dirt  ,  the  dirt  turns  into  a tree ,  the  tree  bursts  into  flame and fire ....  repeat ...

#29    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,130 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

View Postonereaderone, on 03 September 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

the  heat  death  or  ev

conservation  of  motion/energy  is  not  very  friendly  to  heat  death...  

frankly  speaking...   which  do  you  honestly  think is close  to  the  truth....

1)  it  blooms  out  untill   there  is  a  still  quiet  pond....   and  nothing  changes  for  eternity ...

2) the  fire  turns  to ash ,  the  ash  turns  to  dirt  ,  the  dirt  turns  into  a tree ,  the  tree  bursts  into  flame and fire ....  repeat ...
My guess number one but I wouldn't rule out number two

#30    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

had you asked me that thirty years ago I would have answered Yes I will survive the end of the universe, I will sit on a hill side and watch it all go away except for me.  Having grown up somewhat in those last thirty years ( at least I assume it is because I grew up and learned what reality is.) I will say,... No  not only would I Not survive, but I would not want to.....

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 03 September 2013 - 02:40 AM.

Also tagged with universe, survive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users