Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Could You Survive the End of the Universe?

universe survive

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61    aimlesswalk

aimlesswalk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

• I walked aimlessly and then sat down awhile and then walked aimlessly again.

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

I welcome the end of the universe it'll be a lot better when we can get back to endless nothingness.

Edited by aimlesswalk, 29 October 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#62    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,894 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 29 October 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Whatever it takes if it is possible we have a lot of time to prepare.  We ought to now be most concerned with keeping our Earth healthy.

I agree with you. It's the only Earth we have - for now.

We should look into terraforming.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#63    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 03 September 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

if hyperinflation model is correct space must have been created as the same time as matter as there is no other way to explain faster than light expansion
Not necessarily. It might simply be the nature of proper space to always be expanding. If its infinite it can expand all it likes.

Every time a virtual pair pops into existence another 2 units of space might be created creating a continuing outflow of space.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#64    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

Traveler of both time and space

• 4,130 posts

• I shall now proceed to entangle the entire area

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 01 November 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Not necessarily. It might simply be the nature of proper space to always be expanding. If its infinite it can expand all it likes.

Every time a virtual pair pops into existence another 2 units of space might be created creating a continuing outflow of space.
What I mean is the hyper inflation in the very beginning that was faster than light which according to the standard model explains the uniformity of the early universe and the temperature equilibrium that could not have been achieved so quickly any other way. I agree about the universe continuing to expand though I'm not sure about it being infinite.

#65    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 02 November 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

What I mean is the hyper inflation in the very beginning that was faster than light which according to the standard model explains the uniformity of the early universe and the temperature equilibrium that could not have been achieved so quickly any other way. I agree about the universe continuing to expand though I'm not sure about it being infinite.
It still is faster than the speed of light relative to us out far enough, and accelerating as far as we know. The true vaccume must be infinite, it is the false vaccume that is finite. The false vaccume has a positive energy and is expanding into the true vaccume with zero. Much like a balloon has a stronger pressure than its surroundings and expands into it. The speed of light is not an issue because it only applies to energy through space. The speed of light law is a product of the conductivity of space itself.

No one really knows why the acceleration that is still happening though may have slowed. That's why we call it dark energy, but virtual particles popping into existence to create a slight outward pressure. It's called the casimere effect. Essentially it's possible that every time a virtual particle apears a 2 new planks of space might be created aswell. after all, there must be space to contain the particle creating a continuous out flow of space creating a very tiny tiny tiny outward pressure only detectable on a very small scale with tiny plates that do not have enough gravity attracting  each other to overcome the pressure so we can detect it.

It's complicated so I may not have it right, but there are papers showing that the casimere effect can account for dark energy.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.4067

http://indico.cern.c...s&confId=199008

Now it is my personal theory that the casimere effect will one day be discovered to be the source of gravity aswell. It stands to reason that the closer and more massive an object is the more expanding space will push it inwards aswell. objects in theory should move towards each other as long as the pressure inward is greater than the pressure outward. The closer the objects the stronger the pressure. The farther the objects the stronger the outward pressure. If gravity and dark energy are the same thing we should see acceleration inward, slowing of that acceleration outward until a tiny place that is near or at zero then an acceleration outward both of which are not hampered by the speed of light law because it is space itself. Hence black holes, and then an outward event horizon aswell where the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light and carrying matter right along with it.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#66    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

Another thing to think about is if dark energy is simply a product of a vacuum, then not everything we see must have started together. There could have been lots of little big bangs and usually they are far enough away to be pushed away but some are close enough to collide. This would eliminate the problem of hyper inflation needed to over come gravity in the early universe of the Big Bang. Obviously the expansion had to be stronger than gravity early on or else everything would have collapsed. ( either that or gravity had not separated from other forces yet)

What would we see if this were true? We would see distant objects that are very far away but shine more brilliant than many galaxies because they are a galaxy in its infancy potentially a mini Big Bang or a white hole. It just so happens we have incredible objects like this. They are called quasars. It's just speculation though. This can be accounted for quantum mechanically. A false vacuum pressure wave caused by tunneling has a non zero energy and has a membrane of energy relative to the true vacuum. When two of these collide there would be eddies and currents of tremendous potential hence a spot that contains lots and lots of energy where things are magnified. This works for the Big Bang and the little bangs.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 03 November 2013 - 04:38 AM.

Bruce Lee-

#67    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

• 4,130 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

I would agree that it is possible that their were many, maybe an infinite number of big bangs and hyper inflation could be happening now but I'm not sure it follows that there is an infinite "true vacuum" as you call it. I'm not saying your idea is wrong but I think other possibilities may be true. I'm not sure true infinity is even possible. As far as the observable universe that came about by our local big bang it would seem to me there must have been a finite amount of matter and energy so I tend to think this universe is finite though as you say expanding faster than light far enough away from us so we could travel forever and never reach the edge making it functionally infinite. I think dark energy explains the cassimir effect rather than vice versa. I think quasars are explained by super massive black holes super heating matter being sucked into it

#68    spacecowboy342

spacecowboy342

• 4,130 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

I have heard of a new theory for the end of the universe where it ends by quantum fluctuation causing a wave of nothingness spreading across the universe at the speed of light. Our first warning of this would be when we ceased to exist. Seems like there would be no surviving this.

#69    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,996 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

View Postealdwita, on 02 September 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Would it make my bus pass invalid?
No use hving a bus pass if you can't find a bus.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#70    regeneratia

regeneratia

Alien Abducter

• 4,617 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Yes, I am more than my physical body.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#71    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Being (there)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

• Keep breathing, it helps.

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postonereaderone, on 02 September 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

i  should  add  that   dark matter   and  dark energy are   trans dimensional  interfacing  galaxy's...   where   only  one  of  the  two  interfacing  dimensions  are  either   eternity/time/energy.....  or ....  infinity / space/ matter... or .... "ele" dimension ....  or  "psi"  dimension....  or  any  one  of  the  multitude  of  dimensions  that  your  philosophy  can  but  dream of .

I didn't get the highlighted part but good job getting my brain to jog. Refreshing change for the usual negativity. But yeah, I thought too that even if it was the end of the universe for the physical realm, how about the other dimensions? If we have a spirit which can be free from physical body, then what happens to it in big bang or whatever it is that happens in the end?

Forums... as nice as they are, there's a time and a place for them. As well as getting out of your head.
Reality. Be humble before it or be subjected to illusions you adopt.
No one is above cheating themselves.
Nature has the answers.
Death is not bad.

#72    spacelizard667

spacelizard667

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

• What is the more fun, inviting a wolf to dinner or having a tiger by it's tail ?

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

We have got billions and billions of years to find out what will happen and what can we do. The universe as we know it isn't going to end in one great thunderclap, there is a cycle of natural destruction or annihilation but the cosmos being resourceful recycles all that it destroys. Including all of our spirits whatever we might have become by then.

#73    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

View PostStill Waters, on 02 September 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Almost 14 billion years ago an incredible event took place. It was a giant explosion where everything began: matter, energy, time and even space itself. Our whole universe came into existence from a single point. What would it be like to live through the end of all that? It depends on whose theory you believe.

http://io9.com/could...erse-1224938109

Just ask Galactus he survived the end of the previous universe.

#74    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 03 November 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

I would agree that it is possible that their were many, maybe an infinite number of big bangs and hyper inflation could be happening now but I'm not sure it follows that there is an infinite "true vacuum" as you call it. I'm not saying your idea is wrong but I think other possibilities may be true. I'm not sure true infinity is even possible. As far as the observable universe that came about by our local big bang it would seem to me there must have been a finite amount of matter and energy so I tend to think this universe is finite though as you say expanding faster than light far enough away from us so we could travel forever and never reach the edge making it functionally infinite. I think dark energy explains the cassimir effect rather than vice versa. I think quasars are explained by super massive black holes super heating matter being sucked into it
Yes that is the official and most likely explanation for quasars. But it woukd still be true if there were a sudden explosion of energy in a local space as well. Then it woukd behave just like that also. It's just a thought anyway but then we woukd have to re explaine a few other things like COBR. The cassimir effect is explained by the uncertainty principle, in fact it was predicted by it. It is a strong candidate for dark energy. If this is true, space must be infinite because all of 'nothing' is uncertain. ;)

There does not have to be a finite amount of mater and energy. Just as we know quantum fluctuations are merely tiny pieces of energy popping into and out if existence ( or rather spikes in an infinite field) our universe is just a much bigger rare fluctuation. It's been our mistake all throughout history thinking we are the only one. I think it's obvious that many other universes exist like foam bubbles in the ocean.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 20 November 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#75    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,619 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postspacecowboy342, on 03 November 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

I have heard of a new theory for the end of the universe where it ends by quantum fluctuation causing a wave of nothingness spreading across the universe at the speed of light. Our first warning of this would be when we ceased to exist. Seems like there would be no surviving this.
Yes this is possible, it would be in the form of anti particles. Essentially a negative universe would encroach upon this one and they would cancel each other out. However, it is so extremely rare for such a fluctuation to occur, entropy will have taken over this universe long long long long long before that happens. Yet, it's possible because its rare but random. It's just as likely that a new positive bubble or another universe pops up in this one. But remember it creates its own space so there is no problem with faster than light. Speeds. We could not possibly see it coming.

Bruce Lee-

Also tagged with universe, survive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users