Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 1 votes

Could You Survive the End of the Universe?

universe survive

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#91    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,635 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

With the amount of chemical weapons we have on Earth, we would not survive a bang here, let alone a bigger bang out there.
We struggle when a natural disaster hits, and thats minor compared to what a bang from the universe within our solar system could do to us.
I doubt I would have time to grab my can opening for my baked beans supplies.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#92    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

• Virtues come from heart, vices from habits

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

Well if it's a big bang that wipes everything then the answer's pretty obvious unless there's intergalactic travel. But if we could survive the initial blast of anything in 1km or deeper in a bunker in earth's crust, then we have a chance as long as you can grow about 30 trees per person, a study in California I think deduced it took that much for one person to have enough oxygen to sustain a prolonged living. Other plants too break down the air we pollute with our essence to good air for us, dont know how much tho, they definetely help though. And we and possibly our food needs to keep eating those plants too so a small bunker ain't gonna do unless there's some fancy tech.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

Also tagged with universe, survive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users