Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Rapist discovers he may have contracted HIV

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,826 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

The Telegraph said:

Richard Thomas knew the woman had another illness but was unaware of the HIV, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

When the 27-year-old was told she had the disease, he collapsed in "shock" and asked to be taken to hospital for tests to see if he had contracted the virus.

Thomas, of Sandringham Drive, Leigh, pleaded guilty to raping the woman on July 20 this year.

Read more

Hmmm... justice seems to work in mysterious ways....  :devil:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Karmas a b****, huh?

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,352 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hopefully justice has been well and truly served to him..............as long as some jumped up lawyer does not take on his case if he wants to sue her! nothing would surprise me.
5 years and 4 months is not enough, NOT being able to sue the victim later on if the results come back positive  has to be part of the sentence too.

Edited by freetoroam, 02 September 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#4    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

LOL hahahaha

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#5    Arbenol

Arbenol

Poltergeist

• 2,255 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

Funny....until he goes on and rapes someone else once he's released.

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,202 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

All I could say when reading this is...GOOD! And I hope he develops the disease as a lingering reminder of his crimes   :tu:

Rapist may have caught HIV from Greater Manchester victim

A man who has been jailed for raping a woman is waiting to find out whether he has contracted HIV from her. Richard Thomas was sentenced to five years and four months after admitting raping the woman at her home in Leigh, Greater Manchester.

He knew she was ill but did not know she had HIV and collapsed when police told him, Liverpool Crown Court heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-23935768

Edited by seeder, 03 September 2013 - 08:25 AM.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    The Exorcist

The Exorcist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

That's some serious poetic justice. He may of course have not been infected. It is not very likely to become infected from just one sexual encounter. HIV is also not the death sentence it once was - but a serious disease nonetheless

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

#8    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,202 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostExorcist, on 03 September 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

That's some serious poetic justice. He may of course have not been infected. It is not very likely to become infected from just one sexual encounter. HIV is also not the death sentence it once was - but a serious disease nonetheless

Ha - yeh!  Poetic justice indeed. Id like to hope he does contract it. Serves him right! I have no clue about how they can test for it soon after possible infection, but I bet he really really regrets what he did, lots MORE than he may have done with 'just' a jail term, which is really just being locked up with 3 meals a day, your own toilet and a TV.

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#9    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

POPULAR

It may well be poetic justice but I would rather not read a story of any woman being raped regardless to the outcome it may have on the pond life scum committing the crime..

Posted Image

#10    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 September 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Hopefully justice has been well and truly served to him..............as long as some jumped up lawyer does not take on his case if he wants to sue her! nothing would surprise me.
5 years and 4 months is not enough, NOT being able to sue the victim later on if the results come back positive  has to be part of the sentence too.
On what basis can he sue her? Being female and HIV positive - neither of those things are crimes.  That he chose to rape her and was convicted of the same means by default that she was not a willing participant and therefore not in any way complicit in the outcome for him.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#11    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 03 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Just gotta say, what goes around comes around.

#12    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Serves him right.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#13    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

I hope he gets Super-AIDS.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,352 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 03 September 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

On what basis can he sue her? Being female and HIV positive - neither of those things are crimes.  That he chose to rape her and was convicted of the same means by default that she was not a willing participant and therefore not in any way complicit in the outcome for him.
On the basis that in the past lawyers have encouraged the criminal to sue for damages if attacked and hurt themselves or emotionally hurt. Here are just a couple of examples as to how stupid the system can be, or rather how greedy the lawyers can be and will stoop lower than a 6 months rotten old turd at the bottom of a sewer to get money:
http://www.trutv.com...mily/index.html
http://www.telegraph...ng-victims.html
http://www.thenewstr...ts-against.html

As I  said earlier, nothing would surprise me!Posted Image

#15    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

shame he'll be the safest guy in the prison shower.....

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users