Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Bloomberg bans food donation to homeless

bloomberg

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

I really cannot comment on this.I hate this guy so much.
He feels we need to control the homeless food salt fat and sugar intake.
I'm not sure when this occurred, as it got no media coverage.
A friend in NC told me.

Full story here:
http://newyork.cbslo...o-the-homeless/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s food police have struck again!Outlawed are food donations to homeless shelters because the city can’t assess their salt, fat and fiber content, reports CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer.Glenn Richter arrived at a West Side synagogue on Monday to collect surplus bagels — fresh nutritious bagels — to donate to the poor. However, under a new edict from Bloomberg’s food police he can no longer donate the food to city homeless shelters.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 02 September 2013 - 09:25 PM.

Miss me?

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,689 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

I have seen this months ago.

But yeah its one of the dumbest things I have ever heard a politician do. I have no clue why this guy gets reelected.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 02 September 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

I have seen this months ago.

But yeah its one of the dumbest things I have ever heard a politician do. I have no clue why this guy gets reelected.

Well with all this going on in NC, it came up.I heard nothing about it until now.

Miss me?

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,771 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

I'm beginning to think that this guy is kind of mental.  I realize that the homeless who get ill have to be cared for in city hospitals and that such expense is a burden but REALLY?  Control their salt and fat by making them go hungry also?  He's off in the never never it seems.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#5    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE-
Mayor Bloomberg, a salt-aholic himself, was unapologetic.
why does the fact that this ''man'' is a hypocrite not suprise me?
bet he doesn't walk down too many dark alleys on his own.....
unfortunately.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#6    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

He is definately an opportunist. He first was a Dem, then a Repub, now an Inde. He's re-molded his image more times then Barbie. The guy seems basically to be a reactionist liberal. He basically sees something he thinks that a mojority of his voters would be against and then moves to ban that thing. He's re-written NYC law to allow him to serve a 3rd term. He's pandered to anyone and everyone who holds out a little bit of money. Pretty sad. Why to people keep voting for him? I guess the NYC Majority must be easy to dupe?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

View Postand then, on 02 September 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm beginning to think that this guy is kind of mental.  I realize that the homeless who get ill have to be cared for in city hospitals and that such expense is a burden but REALLY?  Control their salt and fat by making them go hungry also?  He's off in the never never it seems.

He's been mental his entire last term.
He will never be elected to another office.

Miss me?

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 02 September 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

He is definately an opportunist. He first was a Dem, then a Repub, now an Inde. He's re-molded his image more times then Barbie. The guy seems basically to be a reactionist liberal. He basically sees something he thinks that a mojority of his voters would be against and then moves to ban that thing. He's re-written NYC law to allow him to serve a 3rd term. He's pandered to anyone and everyone who holds out a little bit of money. Pretty sad. Why to people keep voting for him? I guess the NYC Majority must be easy to dupe?
Trust me, we didn't vote for him.The entire third term has been illegal.

Miss me?

#9    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

Tyrants always model and force the way others act after an 'ideal' vision.

Yet they themselves have the unique entitlement to not live out this vision.

That is the definition of tyranny; 'I'm going to make you all do this - or not do this, but I'm exempt because I'm a special case.'

I'll quote Camus, since it seems fitting... "We are all special cases."

Edited by Hatake Kakashi, 03 September 2013 - 01:32 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#10    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,203 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

the idea of making sure the food the poorest people get is healthy is a good, one but once again the execution is awful.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 03 September 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

the idea of making sure the food the poorest people get is healthy is a good, one but once again the execution is awful.

Hes not feeding them, so people donating to them are donating McDonald's?
No.
Most of it comes from stores getting rid of unsold stuff.
Some people cook.He acts as if we are giving them soda and fries.
It's veggies, bagels, fruits.
This guy should burn in hell already.

Miss me?

#12    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 03 September 2013 - 02:20 AM, said:

when the horse-meat scandal broke, one of the ideas touted was to give the contaminated food to the homeless, which in my opinion was a better idea than letting it go to waste.
maybe I should run for mayor....?
:-)

Edited by shrooma, 03 September 2013 - 04:01 AM.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#13    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 02 September 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

i think so too...  stop feeding the homeless,, and  many will be homeless  .. someplace else.   Not sure if Bloomberg actually cares one way or the other...   as DieChecker points out.. his 'concerns'  are purely politically , and most likely financially,  motivated?

Edited by lightly, 03 September 2013 - 11:38 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

In nearby Portland, the City has just had it out with the latest Homeless Camp in the Downtown. The City keeps complaining about the number of homeless, but then goes and makes Portland the most Homeless Friendly city on the west coast. What did they think was going to happen when they allow the Homeless to do basically whatever they want?

I do believe the homeless are the cities responsibility. They should either house and feed them, or help them move along. It is shameful to have a beautiful city like Portland, full of sculptures, culturally relevant businesses and structures, widely appealing stores and restaurants. And then have these place choked with dozens of homeless sitting outside the businesses and hundreds of them in each park.

Edited by DieChecker, 05 September 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#15    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

YOUR FAVORITE GIRL!

• 8,734 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

OH MY GOD! He's pushing the envelope! Go away, Bloomberg! No one likes you!

Posted Image

Also tagged with bloomberg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users