Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Teenager to make South Pole trek

south pole teenager parker liautaud doug stoup speed record

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,447 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

A teenager will attempt the fastest ever trek to the South Pole on foot this year, in the process becoming the youngest man to complete the journey.

Parker Liautaud, a 19-year-old geology student at Yale University, and expedition partner Doug Stoup, will depart from the Ross Ice Shelf in Antarctica on December 3 and ski 397 miles (640km) to the South Pole.

In doing so the pair hope to break the 22-day speed record for their journey, which would also make Mr Liautaud the youngest man ever to ski to the South Pole.

http://www.telegraph...-Pole-trek.html

Posted Image

#2    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

Gotta love the adventurers. Good luck, all.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,715 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Lucky!!! Why do the rich kids get to have all tge fun?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users