Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Ghosts and Time Travel

ghosts timetravel

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

If they were invisible that would not explain the ghost appearances.

#17    petermattson

petermattson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• What doesn't kill you makes you stranger.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 07 September 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

How would knowing something exists change anything? We now know that there is nothing in the laws of physics that says time travel is impossible, therefore it's reasonable to assume at some point in time, obviously the future, someone has manage to build one or two. Does that change anything in the here and now? Not really. We still can't built one.

Knowing for a fact that time travel exists would be pretty big news, right? If a time-traveler showed up today and was interviewed on live TV that would change things and the question of whether we could recreate the technology is secondary to the fact that we KNOW it exists. We don't know for sure that it can exist now. IF we did, that would change things.

#18    MamaTweedy

MamaTweedy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• ?

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I think it would be so cool if time travel was possible

#19    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Time travel possible in theory, therefore it is possible. Now, that doesn't mean it's practical. Last estimate I read suggested that you need to harness the Sun's entire output to make it happen, which is pretty darn impractical.

#20    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

View Postpetermattson, on 13 September 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

Knowing for a fact that time travel exists would be pretty big news, right? If a time-traveler showed up today and was interviewed on live TV that would change things and the question of whether we could recreate the technology is secondary to the fact that we KNOW it exists. We don't know for sure that it can exist now. IF we did, that would change things.

Here's a news flash for you, it is possible. Now enlighten me, what's changed in our world?

#21    petermattson

petermattson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 14 September 2013 - 03:49 AM, said:

Here's a news flash for you, it is possible. Now enlighten me, what's changed in our world?

So, let me make sure I'm understanding you. You are saying that because something technological is not impossible, scientifically speaking, that it is the same thing as it having been accomplished? Manned space flight was known to be possible in the realm of aerospace science but it still changed the world when Yuri Gagarin actually did it.
I'll throw out another idea: There is undoubtedly intelligent life besides what exists on our planet. Definitive human contact with a specimen from another planet would change the world.

#22    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

No, I did not say that at all. Please reread the post for comprehension.

#23    petermattson

petermattson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 07 September 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

How would knowing something exists change anything? We now know that there is nothing in the laws of physics that says time travel is impossible, therefore it's reasonable to assume at some point in time, obviously the future, someone has manage to build one or two. Does that change anything in the here and now? Not really. We still can't built one.

You are saying that because there is nothing that we know of that says time travel is impossible, it is reasonable to assume that a time machine will be built in the future.
Therefore SEEING a time traveler and having the technology explained by that time traveler wouldn't change anything because we already know it's not impossible?

I don't understand how you can definitively say that.

Showing someone from the 1930s film footage of a lunar landing would have changed things, no?

#24    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

View Postpetermattson, on 14 September 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

You are saying that because there is nothing that we know of that says time travel is impossible, it is reasonable to assume that a time machine will be built in the future.
Therefore SEEING a time traveler and having the technology explained by that time traveler wouldn't change anything because we already know it's not impossible?

I don't understand how you can definitively say that.

Showing someone from the 1930s film footage of a lunar landing would have changed things, no?

That's because you intentionally not seeing the point.

#25    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

I think I go along with the disembodied theory as I'm pretty sure, being in a bipolar universe and taking prior theorists work into consideration, namely science fiction writers specializing in this theory, that the Universe abhors an imbalance but promotes discovery...

As for invisibility, well you don't need machines for that, just a mental exercise akin to positive visualisation, something I employed successfully when needing to use it and something I see happening to others who employ it unwittingly...but it works.

and no, I will not defend this statement....

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#26    petermattson

petermattson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 15 September 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:

That's because you intentionally not seeing the point.

Okay. Thank you for all of your help.

#27    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Why are you so focus on an idea. It's an idea, It only sounds good on paper.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#28    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

View Postmumanster, on 15 September 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

being in a bipolar universe
and no, I will not defend this statement....

The universe has mood swings?

#29    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

Yah...DUCK!

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#30    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

Government Agent

• 3,379 posts

• ", because in most cases men willingly believe what they wish."-Julius Caesar 'De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18'

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Current theoretical thinking suggests it takes the power of a Blackhole for time travel.Unless there is a way to part the fabric of space,and time with less power,then 1.21 Gigawatts will fall vastly short.

We are a type zero civilization.  

Star Trek would be a type one.  

A type three civilization would be able to harness the power from Stars,Worm Holes,and Black Holes for time travel,and would be omnipotent.This type would be hopefully far learned in the philosophy of "Great power comes great responsibility".They will have the ability to have ships as big as planets that can travel hyperdimensionaly winking out at a blink of an eye from the physical verse,and re-appear anywhere in space as well as time.  

Right now as we breath there can be humans from our future living on colonies in our present timeline on the other side of the universe,free from interfering with their ancient ancestors being us.  

Aliens visiting here would have to have atleast a near type 3 technology for a practical visitation unless they are very close to our neighborhood in lightyears distance.Conventional rocketry is only good for a trip to Mars in practicality which takes about 2 years to get to.  

As one poster pointing out sending micro cams,or stealth recorders would be more prudent to gather past info,and I cannot picture time traveling tourists being allowed to sightsee by laws that would be in place.

Speculation on my part are that the energies that hold Atoms together are bleeding in from another dimension,and other dimensions will challenge anyone's sense of reality.

Posted Image
"I am Caesar and no king" - Gaius Julius Caesar
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MzrIHdN9O7M <-- "Ten Lies About Jesus"
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=MclBbZUFSag <-- "Gospels=Myth Making"
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "The Mythical Jesus"

Also tagged with ghosts, timetravel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users