Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Lets post some great punk and hardcore

punk hardcore

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

I have so many i love. I lived deep in the NYC scene ,and have many great memories of many great friends .

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 04 September 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Miss me?

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 04 September 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Miss me?

#3    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

RIP Mia

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 04 September 2013 - 03:17 AM.

Miss me?

#4    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

I live about 20 minutes away from (and my grandma lives down the block) from 924 Gilman in Berkeley. It's been famous for being a punk/hardcore club for over 20 years. I used to go there to watch The Nerve Agents/Tiger Army/AFI scene bands play there when I was a teen, but now I've fell out of touch with the local East Bay Hardcore scene. But every once in awhile, a known name from the punk/hardcore scene shows up there these days, and recently it was Urban Waste. I got some good footage of them:

edit: I see you've put Dead Kennedy's up. A famous incident at 924 Gilman involved Jello Biafra getting gang attacked there. From his wiki:

On May 7, 1994, Punk Rock fans who believed Biafra was a "sell out" attacked him at the 924 Gilman Street club in Berkeley, California. Biafra claims that he was attacked by a man nicknamed Cretin, who crashed into him while moshing. The crash injured Biafra's leg, causing an argument between the two men. During the argument, Cretin pushed Biafra to the floor and five or six friends of Cretin assaulted Biafra while he was down, yelling "Sellout rock star, kick him", and attempting to pull out his hair.[15] Biafra was later hospitalized with serious injuries.[16] The attack derailed Biafra's plans for both a Canadian spoken-word tour and an accompanying album, and the production of Pure Chewing Satisfaction was halted. However, Biafra returned to the Gilman club a few months after the incident to perform a spoken-word performance as an act of reconciliation with the club.[17]

Edited by _Only, 04 September 2013 - 03:19 AM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

View Post_Only, on 04 September 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

I live about 20 minutes away from (and my grandma lives down the block) from 924 Gilman in Berkeley. It's been famous for being a punk/hardcore club for over 20 years. I used to go there to watch The Nerve Agents/Tiger Army/AFI scene bands play there when I was a teen, but now I've fell out of touch with the local East Bay Hardcore scene. But every once in awhile, a known name from the punk/hardcore scene shows up there these days, and recently it was Urban Waste. I got some good footage of them:

Awesome only !

Heres some vintage Ramones

Miss me?

#6    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

This is from 2000, back in the golden days (for me) when The Nerve Agents would fill the Gilman wall to wall with heads and energy. I haven't seen it with near as many people these days...

And here's baby AFI at Gilman in '95, covering The Misfits:

NOFX in '91:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtjIU5kiF2Y

And for kicks, here's baby Green Day there in '91:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur56Jtny_EA

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

You and i can go on all night .
:)

Miss me?

#8    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Some nardcore. I remember seeing Dr. Know play at the Concord Depot, a place my band at the time also played a few times. So I can feel like I rubbed elbows with them:

And I'll leave with something a bit more offbeat and abstract. The best Arnold Schwarzenegger cover punk band ever, ArnoCorps:

Edited by _Only, 04 September 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#9    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

Okay, last one. My old band mate's uncle's band I also saw at the Depot, and played with once in Alex's back yard, when we got kicked out of the local Antioch swimming pool for holding a concert there without asking,, lol. Here's their music video for 'Dustbuster Abortion':

#10    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

Probably one of my all time favorite bands

and also

Edited by Mythical Legend, 04 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#11    Mythical Legend

Mythical Legend

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

• Please...enlighten me...

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

And one of the only vids of my buds i could find. I've know these guys forever and they're a blast to party with...

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

These guys were awesome fun live .Tesco used to come onstage in a red cape with a giant....thing around his neck,they used to squirt us all....heh

I saw these guys are CBGBs once,and someone stage dove over my head ,and kicked me in the head with a steel tipped combat boot.I ended up with a concussion .
They were awesome though

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 04 September 2013 - 06:05 AM.

Miss me?

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 04 September 2013 - 11:01 AM.

Miss me?

#14    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

#15    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users