Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

silver ball

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,486 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Deco, you are wrong. 1.5 to 2 hours for a typical sucessful balloon or less. This is because they will burst at or before 100,000 ft and ascent rates are standardized at 275 - 350 meters per minute any slower and the instruments actually give faulty readings!

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#17    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,579 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 06 September 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

Deco, you are wrong. 1.5 to 2 hours for a typical sucessful balloon or less. This is because they will burst at or before 100,000 ft and ascent rates are standardized at 275 - 350 meters per minute any slower and the instruments actually give faulty readings!

While true, there are always exceptions. Here is an article of a balloon in Antarctica carrying cosmic ray detection equipment that stayed aloft for more than 46 days! An incredible bit of engineering.

http://www.mnn.com/e...t-flight-record

Not saying its this particular balloon or anything, but it shows that a balloon can be designed to last more than a couple of hours if needed.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#18    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Googles Project Loon is keeping balloons afloat for up to 100 days. They look like this.

Posted Image

Very interesting idea. LINK - Project Loon.

http://www.youtube.c...96tYpEk1Ao#t=78

I think they have only released balloons from NZ so far.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#19    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,174 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 05 September 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I was at a bbq the other day and it was a nice sunny day with no clouds in the sky. At one point (whilst drinking some beer if you're asking) I noticed a ball in the sky. It was either a very small object, or it was very high as I could only barely see it. The object looked metallic to me as one side of it reflected the sunlight which is how I saw it.

I pointed it out to my mates and after some pointing, then some shouting, then some head twisting I finally managed to get them all to see it. It stayed up there all day long, for many hours and periodically someone would say, 'where's that thing gone?' and we'd search the big blue for a couple of seconds before we found it again. It moved around in the sky randomly, but very slowly so as you wouldnt notice.

None of our phones could pick the object up as it was either too small or too far away.

I saw something very similar to this a few years ago too.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also can anyone explain how when I first saw it I checked the time and 60 seconds later a whole minute had passed?

Just my two cents, I used to live In Peckham Rye - zone 2.  There were two balloon rides permanently set up, one was on the south-side at vauxhall or Lambeth bridge. Basically they were huge  spheres, helium filled I think, with a large circular carriage under, that could take maybe 20 plus people sitting down.  The whole balloon was on a winch, and it used to float up the tourists/passengers quite high for about 30 mins a time, then winch them in again and send the next lot up

I did a quick goggle and found a similar one in Hong Kong, at least it may explain why it seemingly stayed in the one spot!!

Posted Image

Edited by seeder, 06 September 2013 - 08:02 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#20    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostJesseCuster, on 06 September 2013 - 12:53 AM, said:

tyrant lizard, you clearly don't understand the objections and questions about your story.

You seem confused as to how 60 seconds passed in the same period as 1 minute.  Either you don't understand that 60 seconds is exactly 1 minute by definition, or you've got your units confused or your story is bizarrely confused to the point of incoherence (or you're trolling).

Asking why 60 seconds took the same time as 1 minute is like asking how it's possible that  I walked 1 mile and walked the same distance as if I had walked 1760 yards.  How is it possible to walk 1 mile and 1760 yards at the same time?  How is it possible to pass 60 seconds of time and 1 minute of time at the same time?
It was an attempt at humour - I was assuming people would get the connection to lost time incidents, but if you have to explain it... tough crowd.

I'll stick to the facts next time.

#21    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 06 September 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

It was an attempt at humour - I was assuming people would get the connection to lost time incidents, but if you have to explain it... tough crowd.

I'll stick to the facts next time.

it had to be humour....I enjoyed it :tu:

#22    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,486 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Now it is true that someone can build a special balloon/blimp/drone. But if you ask if its a typical weather balloon that is launched all over everyday? Then no! They go up fast and burst. And you could only see them with the naked eye for a few minutes.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#23    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,486 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:34 AM

You can't just blow off what the OP said as weather balloon cuase it sounds good.

#24    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postlost_shaman, on 06 September 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

You can't just blow off what the OP said as weather balloon cuase it sounds good.
Good shout. I don't know the behaviour of balloons and stuff like that, but I do know this thing was up there for hours.

#25    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Also it didn't seem to get any bigger or smaller so I'd say it wasn't going up or down to any noticeable degree.

#26    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,579 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

View Postlost_shaman, on 06 September 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Now it is true that someone can build a special balloon/blimp/drone. But if you ask if its a typical weather balloon that is launched all over everyday? Then no! They go up fast and burst. And you could only see them with the naked eye for a few minutes.

Considering he doesn't see these every day or at least on a semi regular basis, there is nothing saying it was a typical weather balloon. It very well could have been a specialized launch.

View Postlost_shaman, on 06 September 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

And you can't just blow off alternative explanations just because they have nothing to do with extraterrestrials. People need to look for truth, not to have their di-.... ego stroked.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#27    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,579 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:58 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 06 September 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Also it didn't seem to get any bigger or smaller so I'd say it wasn't going up or down to any noticeable degree.

Its hard for the human eye to pick up on size or altitude changes, especially when said object is at high altitudes.

#28    tyrant lizard

tyrant lizard

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 06 September 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Its hard for the human eye to pick up on size or altitude changes, especially when said object is at high altitudes.
Yes but unless the object grew as it went higher it would have disappeared from my sight

#29    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,579 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 06 September 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Yes but unless the object grew as it went higher it would have disappeared from my sight

Assuming said object was gjaining altitude. The balloon mentioned in my previous post stayed at a consistent altitude for over a month.

#30    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Too bad it really didn't move for you, could've easily ruled out a balloon.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users