Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Ghost Mine is Back

ghosts

  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

The first episode shows a new guy to help mine for gold.
The red headed ghostbuster Kristen is back.
They have a new rover that looks pretty good.
The pay is pretty good for the miners. They all got $80,000 last year!

http://www.syfy.com/ghostmine


#2    NightScreams

NightScreams

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The place other countries hate.

  • Eat in moderation.
    Practice self control.
    Never have firm beliefs.
    Keep an open mind.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

yay, fake shows


#3    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostNightScreams, on 05 September 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

yay, fake shows

Yeah I wanted to say that but then I would say that about some of the evidence presented here.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#4    Kahn

Kahn

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined:29 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abingdon, MD

  • Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

I caught part of this episode and the only thing I can confirm with utmost certainty is that the folks running this mine have to be the stupidest idiots ever presented on TV.  Certainly candidates for the Darwin awards.  Even back in the days when the mine was started they knew enough to not be in an unstable mine when using dynamite!  After seeing this I lost all interest.


#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,549 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

I was initially interested in this show given that the premise was new and different, but it quickly became clear that the show was scripted.  And not only that, but the folks in it are horrible actors.  You'll know what I mean if you watch the episode from the first season when the little girl "disappears".  

Some other tidbits;

The redhead is not a "ghost hunter", she's an actress.  She has a couple B movie credits and was even in one of the early Girls Gone Wild offerings.

The guy is a pretty well known ghost skeptic that had a short lived show.  He also had a skeptic blog that went after all of the other ghost shows.  Conveniently, this blog disappeared about the time Ghost Mine premiered - but you can still find bits and pieces of it if you look.

There have also been questions raised by a couple politicians in the town about whether or not they're even working in the mine they claim to be working.  One woman says that they film 90 miles away.

And if you're really interested, go and snoop around some mining or treasure hunting forums and see what those guys are saying about their methods and safety practices.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#6    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostRafterman, on 06 September 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

I was initially interested in this show given that the premise was new and different, but it quickly became clear that the show was scripted.  And not only that, but the folks in it are horrible actors.  You'll know what I mean if you watch the episode from the first season when the little girl "disappears".  

Some other tidbits;

The redhead is not a "ghost hunter", she's an actress.  She has a couple B movie credits and was even in one of the early Girls Gone Wild offerings.

The guy is a pretty well known ghost skeptic that had a short lived show.  He also had a skeptic blog that went after all of the other ghost shows.  Conveniently, this blog disappeared about the time Ghost Mine premiered - but you can still find bits and pieces of it if you look.

There have also been questions raised by a couple politicians in the town about whether or not they're even working in the mine they claim to be working.  One woman says that they film 90 miles away.

And if you're really interested, go and snoop around some mining or treasure hunting forums and see what those guys are saying about their methods and safety practices.

The mine is just north of Sumpter, Oregon.  You can clearly see the green shacks that the miners live in. Use Google Earth.

The new and improved rover looks pretty good. It has a robotic arm on it.

The EVP session got a "Yes." when they asked a question.

It looks like the Freemasons were there first. They left because of the ghosts. - Tommyknockers -


#7    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostKahn, on 06 September 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

I caught part of this episode and the only thing I can confirm with utmost certainty is that the folks running this mine have to be the stupidest idiots ever presented on TV.  Certainly candidates for the Darwin awards.  Even back in the days when the mine was started they knew enough to not be in an unstable mine when using dynamite!  After seeing this I lost all interest.

Don't use dynamite?  What should they use?


#8    PlanB

PlanB

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Joined:12 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Texas

  • Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

It was an interesting premise considering the folklore and real life danger that surrounds mining, but the lost girl episode from last season killed it for me. It was just too blatently staged for me to suspend my disbelief.


#9    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostPlanB, on 06 September 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

It was an interesting premise considering the folklore and real life danger that surrounds mining, but the lost girl episode from last season killed it for me. It was just too blatently staged for me to suspend my disbelief.

My guess is that they find even more gold this year. I think they will all take home about $100,000 this year.

They know the gold is there.  The EVPs prove spirits are there.


#10    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 236 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2011
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostRafterman, on 06 September 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

I was initially interested in this show given that the premise was new and different, but it quickly became clear that the show was scripted.  And not only that, but the folks in it are horrible actors.  You'll know what I mean if you watch the episode from the first season when the little girl "disappears".  

Some other tidbits;

The redhead is not a "ghost hunter", she's an actress.  She has a couple B movie credits and was even in one of the early Girls Gone Wild offerings.

The guy is a pretty well known ghost skeptic that had a short lived show.  He also had a skeptic blog that went after all of the other ghost shows.  Conveniently, this blog disappeared about the time Ghost Mine premiered - but you can still find bits and pieces of it if you look.

There have also been questions raised by a couple politicians in the town about whether or not they're even working in the mine they claim to be working.  One woman says that they film 90 miles away.

And if you're really interested, go and snoop around some mining or treasure hunting forums and see what those guys are saying about their methods and safety practices.
Go on...

A skeptical believer.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,549 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 06 September 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

The mine is just north of Sumpter, Oregon.  You can clearly see the green shacks that the miners live in. Use Google Earth.

The new and improved rover looks pretty good. It has a robotic arm on it.

The EVP session got a "Yes." when they asked a question.

It looks like the Freemasons were there first. They left because of the ghosts. - Tommyknockers -

Yes, that is the Crescent mine.  But Leanne Woolf, councilwoman in Sumpter claims that they are actually filming in the Buckeye mines about 6 miles away near Bourne.  Not 90, but I was going on memory.

I wonder if the EVP was as scripted as the rest of the show?

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostRafterman, on 06 September 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Yes, that is the Crescent mine.  But Leanne Woolf, councilwoman in Sumpter claims that they are actually filming in the Buckeye mines about 6 miles away near Bourne.  Not 90, but I was going on memory.

I wonder if the EVP was as scripted as the rest of the show?

Last season they followed 3 granite stones next to their mine. That is where they found high grade "Cadillac Gold".

The Freemasons hid the entrance back in 1890 but they found it.


#13    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 3,025 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostCyberKen, on 06 September 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Last season they followed 3 granite stones next to their mine. That is where they found high grade "Cadillac Gold".

The Freemasons hid the entrance back in 1890 but they found it.

I notice you approve of EVP, May I ask why?

Evps are so easy to tamper with, any one can do it with little to no knowledge.

Also evps are so bad since the hard where i seen people use is cheap and they are terrible for proper sound recording.

Follow more, People forget who says what during an investigation, I mutter under my breath often and i wouldn't be shocked if a recorder picked it up or at least fragments of it.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#14    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,549 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 06 September 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:



Last season they followed 3 granite stones next to their mine. That is where they found high grade "Cadillac Gold".

The Freemasons hid the entrance back in 1890 but they found it.

Yes, I watched it.

Indiana Jones also found the Lost Ark after the Nazis had stolen it and were attempting to open it.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#15    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 07 September 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

I notice you approve of EVP, May I ask why?

Evps are so easy to tamper with, any one can do it with little to no knowledge.

Also evps are so bad since the hard where i seen people use is cheap and they are terrible for proper sound recording.

Follow more, People forget who says what during an investigation, I mutter under my breath often and i wouldn't be shocked if a recorder picked it up or at least fragments of it.

The EVP Solution has worked for decades.

Ghost Hunters has communicated with intelligent spirits all of the time.

Technology is catching up.  Soon the barrier will fall altogether. Then we will have real time communication with ghosts and even demons.

It turns out that both are vulnerable.






Also tagged with ghosts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users