Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Putin Losing It?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

http://www.mirror.co...britain-2254433

Obama I know to be a light weight in international affairs.  Frankly I expected a bit more from rooty Poot.  First he calls a US secretary of state a liar then a day later says the Brits basically don't matter - and did so in a most childish and insulting way.  Where did the adults go?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,059 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Nice dig at the pretentiousness of Cam, I think. Could've done with someone to talk as bluntly as that when Blair was doing his messianic bit.
And again, as so often the case, Observers are so confused by a world Leader with a sense of humour, if a sardonic one, that they don't recognise it when they see it. He was obviously being tongue in cheek about his mate Abramovich.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 05 September 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,669 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:34 PM

Bless his little cotton socks...I mean, we are such a small and insignificant island that he felt the need to talk about us and act like we'd just stole his toys and he's pretending to not care. What a tool.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#4    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,059 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 05 September 2013 - 08:34 PM, said:

Bless his little cotton socks...I mean, we are such a small and insignificant island that he felt the need to talk about us and act like we'd just stole his toys and he's pretending to not care. What a tool.
? You mean he wanted war, and it was Cameron's Humiliation that prevented it?

This thread might be fun for all the outraged indignant responses we're going to get.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

Personally speaking,I think that all the players in this unfolding comedy of politics are saying some pretty dumb things.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#6    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,669 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 05 September 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

? You mean he wanted war, and it was Cameron's Humiliation that prevented it?

This thread might be fun for all the outraged indignant responses we're going to get.

No I wasn't implying that at all.

I mean I expect Russia to milk this whole situation down to the very last drop. Lets face it they have this deluded idea that they really are on par with China and the US when it comes to the world stage. So they will continue to milk this whole situation until the point is reached that Assad is longer of use, then they will adopt a different tactic. In the meantime though, how about a bit of decorum from representatives of world leaders.

Edited by Sky Scanner, 05 September 2013 - 08:43 PM.

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#7    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,537 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Well, Putin's wrong about one thing - Obama cares about Britain to the extent that the UK is a convenient "attack poodle" to put across US policy in a show of being "objective".

Apart from that, he dead on the money.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

I guess he forgot about the Convoys supplying Russia with food, tanks, and other military equipment to stop little "H"in his tracks during WW2, but its about time Putin, put in a bit more effort to be friendly, maybe he's still P****d off about losing all the satellite states of the former Russky empire.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#9    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 05 September 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

I guess he forgot about the Convoys supplying Russia with food, tanks, and other military equipment to stop little "H"in his tracks during WW2, but its about time Putin, put in a bit more effort to be friendly, maybe he's still P****d off about losing all the satellite states of the former Russky empire.

If Assad falls then he would lose his Naval base.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#10    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostSky Scanner, on 05 September 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

No I wasn't implying that at all.

I mean I expect Russia to milk this whole situation down to the very last drop. Lets face it they have this deluded idea that they really are on par with China and the US when it comes to the world stage. So they will continue to milk this whole situation until the point is reached that Assad is longer of use, then they will adopt a different tactic. In the meantime though, how about a bit of decorum from representatives of world leaders.
   Are you serious about your last sentence ??. They are a bunch of lying, cheating, Politicians who are out to gain what they can at the others expense.Out of the lot be honest,which one would you trust ?

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

Putin wants to be able to use poison gas himself if Russia has internal trouble: the same can be said of China.  This will make a precedent for them.

#12    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,669 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 05 September 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Are you serious about your last sentence ??. They are a bunch of lying, cheating, Politicians who are out to gain what they can at the others expense.Out of the lot be honest,which one would you trust ?

Of course....but you can be all those things without acting like a 9yr old too. Well, unless you're Putin's representative apparently....

#13    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

View Postand then, on 05 September 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

http://www.mirror.co...britain-2254433

Obama I know to be a light weight in international affairs.  Frankly I expected a bit more from rooty Poot.  First he calls a US secretary of state a liar then a day later says the Brits basically don't matter - and did so in a most childish and insulting way.  Where did the adults go?

Well, that part is true......

#14    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,965 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostBurt Gummer, on 05 September 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Well, that part is true......
The point being that he represents a country embroiled in a very serious situation on a global level and he's acting like a kid in school.  It worries me a bit, frankly.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#15    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,299 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

Putin is a bit creepy in my eyes.  He's like old school KGB.  I don't know what he's capable of.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users