Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The screaming women

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

*Davros

that is an animal sound clearly identifiable as animal in origins. Not at all what I've heard and not frighting.

#32    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

I researched online meanwhile throughout a big data base of sounds and noises some digitally mastered probably,only one I could pick that was similar to what I've heard. However this one is continuous while mine was somehow interrupted  by a sort of a goat sound and hysterically laugh interjection between cries...

www.audiosparx.com/sa/summary/play.cfm/crumb.36/crumc.0/sound_iid.187468

BTW, the dog started barking on this one and the only one from many trials... :-)

Edited by qxcontinuum, 08 October 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#33    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,349 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 08 September 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Not in romania. Trust me, there are no bunnies in the parks. Parks there are not like here. Very small surrounded by concrete building all over the place. Excepting birds there are no living creatures the parks. However i know the bunny cry. Is very different than what i've heard. A while i thought to be an owl. Then i've heard owls. There noise was gorgeous compering to that one. It was partially human.

In the same time i remember, there were some stories of a women very hairy, that couldn't talk, seen in the bus or on the streets wondering. Still doesn't explain the second occurrence 800 km away.
You seem adament on the no bunnies or foxes thing and to say there are no living creatures, apart from birds in the parks in Romania, is pretty ridiculous. And yet you are taken in by stories about hairy women, sorry, but to me you are easily duped by strange stories which currently blind you from simple, everday, normal accurances, like foxes in a park.

#34    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

lol, ok ... ask someone from Romania if they ever seen squirrels or foxes or bunnies in the city parks before year 2000...please do ....   :)

Edited by qxcontinuum, 09 October 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#35    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,582 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 08 October 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I am always laughing when some are justifying the unexplainable invoking some common possibilities ;
i've heard suppositions so far on this thread about bunnies, cats, alcoholics and now just a regular women.  :-)

Well, if regular women can scream like that, nobody would marry them and all the men would just climb up in the trees and digging holes in the ground hiding if resisting to a heart attack first. I am not sure about which part of NON HUMAN, terrifying, unusual loud , part of my encounter wasn't understood. It was out of this world and out of everything you'll hear in the nature or society. I used to go in the mountains with my father while he was climbing. I could say he was a man of wilderness. I've heard all the animals back then..
Face it, you don't want it to be rationally explained.

#36    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

If you give me a good one, i'll take it. Not the animals one. I know every animal existent in Romanian forests and cities because there aren't so many

#37    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,805 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 08 October 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I am always laughing when some are justifying the unexplainable invoking some common possibilities ;
If it's unexplainable then why are you here looking for an explanation?

Have you got a source that foxes are absent from Romanian cities?  Red foxes are native to Romania and they are known to be opportunistic nocturnal scavengers, regularly roaming into towns and cities looking to scavenge for food.  Why should it be different in Romania?  Perhaps it is but I'd be interested in a source.

qxcontinuum, don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way, but you are falling into a pattern of behaviour seen all too often on these forums.

Someone tells a story or shows a picture of something that think might be supernatural or paranormal in some way.  That's fair enough.  Nothing wrong with asking for opinions on these matters.  But when plausible mundane explanations are offered, the following regularly happens:

1) The person asking for advice will declare that their experience is unexplainable (which makes we wonder why they're asking for an explanation).
2) They will dismiss any plausible natural explanations with dubious sounding reasons (e.g. there are no foxes where the event happened despite living in a part of the world where foxes are endemic)
3) When pointed out that it happened a long time ago when they were a child and maybe their memory isn't completely reliable, they will insist that they have excellent memory of the event despite the well established fact that childhood memories are unreliable no matter how clear it seems in your head.

That's not to say you're wrong about these things, it's just clichéd to me at this stage to offer up the above reasoning.

When I first read the OP, my immediate thought was 'fox' based upon my own experiences.  When I was a kid, I was up late one night playing video games on my own and heard a wailing woman's scream that sent a chill down my spine.  Froze me on the spot and I slowly inched my way to my bedroom and lay down and tried to sleep.  I was absolutely terrified.  Around the same time an elderly neighbour of mine died.  Being Irish and having heard of the legend of the banshee, I convinced myself the two were related and I'd heard the banshee.

However, some years later when piecing together the incident in hindsight I realised that the dates of the "banshee" incident and my neighbour's death weren't close at all.  I was able to piece it together because I knew the occasion of the 'banshee' was during a particular month of the year when a friend I had would take vacations in a house near me and he was sleeping over that night.  Turns out it didn't piece together at all.  And the legend of the banshee generally indicates that a family member or loved one hears the banshee.  I barely knew the guy.  Just knew him to see.  But I was convinced in my head that it was all true and made sense when it was totally out of whack.

It was some years later that I then heard the sound of what I think were mating foxes and thought that could easily be the sound I'd heard.  As a child along at night, it probably sounded a lot more chilling and ghastly than hearing it as a grown-up (even though it's still freaky to hear these days).  That's one a a handful of incidents I had when younger that I thought were paranormal and which upon further investigation turned out to be not quite so fantastic.

Just a few thoughts on the subject.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#38    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,805 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Go to 0:33 on the following video for an example of what foxes screaming at night can sound like.  Sounds like a distressed screaming woman to me!

Edited by JesseCuster, 10 October 2013 - 08:57 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#39    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 September 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Just about all rabbits scream when they die ,even from disease or natural causes.
Its usually just one short burst scream though .Nothing prolonged
Not when they're caught on a fence!  I was awaken by one a couple of years ago.  Scared me at first until I saw what it was.  Went back in, got the wire clippers, came back out to the bunny.  It was almost like he/she knew I was trying to help as the bunny immediately calmed down and let me clip the fence away from it.  Hopped off into the hedgerow after I freed it.

BTW: Foxes also sound like crying babies.

#40    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Poltergeist

• 2,201 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

interesting ... noise coming from a fox for sure.
regarding that memory is way back lost w/o a recording. Too bad cell phone were not invented at the time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users