Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Social services take 6-hour-old baby

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

http://www.dailymail...ost_read_module

One social worker can be heard telling the parents: 'We are going to take [baby J]. I don't want to have to get physical.'
The mother can be heard wailing and screaming 'no' as social workers take her baby.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

They lost 3 children the same way. They obviously pose a danger.

Social services doesn't take children away for fun.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,135 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

And maybe its about time social services arranged for the fathers "bits" to be taken away too!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm torn on this.  It sounds like the kids are being taken because the mum has learning difficulties and can't care properly for them.  So part of me thinks (the mum part) maybe they could help her out so she can get to spend more time with her kid.  6 hours is pretty rough!

But then I guess that would only delay the inevitable.  It's sad.

My mum is a foster parent and she's had to collect babies straight from the hospital but usually cases where they are in danger by being with the parents or drugs have been involved.

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

Wow, heartbreaking.... :no:

I'm sorry, but that is not right. How about instead of taking their children,  Social Services help the parents out and give them some support?

#6    Red Howler

Red Howler

Angry werewolf girl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

What else is in the story? I just don't believe everything the Daily Mail says.

#7    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostBurt Gummer, on 06 September 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

Wow, heartbreaking.... :no:

I'm sorry, but that is not right. How about instead of taking their children,  Social Services help the parents out and give them some support?

Agree.

Big Bad Voodoo

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#8    Rye17

Rye17

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• God made me agnostic... who am I to question his wisdom

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 06 September 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

And maybe its about time social services arranged for the fathers "bits" to be taken away too!

I used to know a guy that the government paid for him to get "fixed" because the state was tired of him having kids that he stuck on welfare.

Edited by Rye17, 06 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#9    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

I don't know if social services were correct in taking the kids away cause the parents have special needs.....but listening to that mum in agony at loosing another baby made me shed a tear...:-(

Edited by Aggie, 06 September 2013 - 11:10 PM.

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#10    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,009 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 06 September 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

They obviously pose a danger.
Social services doesn't take children away for fun.

There's nothing "obvious" about it. and yes they do it to increase their power and government budgets/

The Nazi's decided to gas millions.They obviously were bad. The SS didn't kill people for fun. geesh!

Edited by ninjadude, 07 September 2013 - 02:20 AM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,504 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

Well that was quick!
So because the Nazis did nasty stuff "for the greater good" anyone else who does something for "the greater good" they're just as bad as teh nazis.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#12    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,422 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Read about Rachel Pullen. Her IQ supposedly was a bit low, so the state kidnapped her baby too. The authorities wouldn't even let her brother and parents help her. There's something quite troubling about the British baby-snatching system.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#13    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,422 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

Wait a freaking minute. She has a "learning disability"? What kind of challenge does she face to warrant such a serious move by the government? Are they kidnapping the kids of dyslexic and ADD moms now?

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#14    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 10 September 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

Wait a freaking minute. She has a "learning disability"? What kind of challenge does she face to warrant such a serious move by the government? Are they kidnapping the kids of dyslexic and ADD moms now?

I actually know someone who used to live near me who had two children taken away from her due to what was described as "learning difficulty".  She could just about manage to look after herself but sadly not her children.  She would eat when she was hungry, but would not think to feed the child.  Carers would go around 3-4 times a day and the baby would be in dirty nappies and crying with hunger.  I have no doubt at all that this lady loved her child, she just didn't understand how to care for a baby.  She went on to have one more child and the same happened there.

It was the woman's own mother who told me all this, she was a vile woman and obviously didn't care a great deal about her daugher or granddaughter.  She wasn't willing to help her at all and preferred boozing and leaving her daughter who could barely look after herself to end up with her children taken away :(

I have no idea who the father was in this case though, he certainly wasn't on the scene.

Edited by Moon Gazer, 10 September 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#15    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

I think there's a little more to this story.  And I'm betting her "learning disability" is a bit more severe than something like dyslexia.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users