Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

25 Quotes About The Coming War With Syria

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,784 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostKaa-Tzik, on 13 September 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

cor blimey! whatever, innit ay.  And I see you are still under the delusion that because you have been here a few years and made 1000's of posts that you are more important than other posters, rather snobish of you I think. Click! Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
And you are welcome to think anything you like.  You have a nice day Rockie ;)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#32    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,929 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

View Postand then, on 13 September 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

And you are welcome to think anything you like.  You have a nice day Rockie ;)

Im personally tired of your biblical doom and gloom.  Is why I call you out on it.  When I do you cry back like a victim.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#33    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,784 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postacidhead, on 14 September 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Im personally tired of your biblical doom and gloom.  Is why I call you out on it.  When I do you cry back like a victim.
I can accept that you don't believe as I do AH.  The part that bugs me is that you feel the need to be nasty and condescending to me about it.  I actually respect quite a lot of your comments and opinions but in the area of faith you - and many others here - are just plain hostile for no real reason.  If you are correct and I am a simpering fool for my beliefs then how have I harmed anyone?  And if that response seems like "crying" then so be it.  I talk about what you refer to as gloom and doom for the same reason I would yell to a crowd and tell them there is danger - to be careful.  If I HONESTLY BELIEVE there is real danger and that maybe my words would help someone yet I neglected to speak then I am at fault for their loss.  The bible tells me this.  If they hear and reject, thinking me a fool, then I have done my duty and I'm innocent of their fate.
I don't think this episode in Syria is the beginning of WWIII - though it could be.  I do believe that Damascus is going to be nuked at some point.  But that is just my belief.  BTW...it's not my desire...just my belief, based on scriptures.

Edited by and then, 14 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#34    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

View Postand then, on 14 September 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

I can accept that you don't believe as I do AH.  The part that bugs me is that you feel the need to be nasty and condescending to me about it.  I actually respect quite a lot of your comments and opinions but in the area of faith you - and many others here - are just plain hostile for no real reason.  If you are correct and I am a simpering fool for my beliefs then how have I harmed anyone?  And if that response seems like "crying" then so be it.  I talk about what you refer to as gloom and doom for the same reason I would yell to a crowd and tell them there is danger - to be careful.  If I HONESTLY BELIEVE there is real danger and that maybe my words would help someone yet I neglected to speak then I am at fault for their loss.  The bible tells me this.  If they hear and reject, thinking me a fool, then I have done my duty and I'm innocent of their fate.
I don't think this episode in Syria is the beginning of WWIII - though it could be.  I do believe that Damascus is going to be nuked at some point.  But that is just my belief.  BTW...it's not my desire...just my belief, based on scriptures.
Without insults and stepping outside the box for a moment. Perhaps then you should consider leaving the religious aspects of your arguments in the faith and spirituality forum, or better still the skeptic part. I say this because mixing contentious religious and politicical views in one place is always going to lead to friction, infact twice as much friction as would otherwise be the case. Speaking for myself, I simply cannot take any political argument seriously if it is laced with biblical references. This is why in a previous post I asked that you look at your own posts and consider them. By all means argue from a rational point of view about political and military aspects here, but the religion just turns people off at best and all to often ends up in bad tempered hissy fits, that many of us are guilty of at times. In my opinion, religion is a bar to understanding and rational debate because it is about faith, that is not shared by all. I hope this makes my position clearer. I probably sound pompous, but I can't think of any other way of putting this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users