Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK's lowest-paid employees to be classed as

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

One million of Britain's lowest paid employees will be classed as "not working enough" and could find themselves pushed with the threat of sanctions to find more income under radical changes to benefits, the Department for Work and Pensions has said.

DWP internal documents seen by the Guardian reveal that people earning between £330 and around £950 a month – just under the rate of the national minimum wage for a 35-hour week – could be mandated to attend jobcentre meetings where their working habits will be examined as part of the universal credit programme.

http://www.theguardi...ough?CMP=twt_gu

This is what is going on, Who here believe's this is just a conspiracy?

Iain duncan smith charged £39 from the tax payer for his breakfast but insist's the non working are spongers off of the working.  

HYPOCRITE?

Edited by Still Waters, 07 September 2013 - 11:28 AM.
Changed link to the original source and text...Please avoid copy & pasting from offsite forums where this news article had been totally misinterpreted.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Here you are lucky if you find a full time job.

I don't know what governments expect out of the poor.  Their programs are the first government officials want to cut to save money.  They should cut some of their own perks and tax breaks given to big corporations.  Make corporations hire people to get those tax breaks.

#3    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostHilander, on 07 September 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Here you are lucky if you find a full time job.

I don't know what governments expect out of the poor.  Their programs are the first government officials want to cut to save money.  They should cut some of their own perks and tax breaks given to big corporations.  Make corporations hire people to get those tax breaks.

Sod that get rid of the corporations.

#4    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

View Postdavid icke is right, on 07 September 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

One million of Britain's lowest paid employees will be classed as "not working enough" and could find themselves pushed with the threat of sanctions to find more income under radical changes to benefits, the Department for Work and Pensions has said.

DWP internal documents seen by the Guardian reveal that people earning between £330 and around £950 a month – just under the rate of the national minimum wage for a 35-hour week – could be mandated to attend jobcentre meetings where their working habits will be examined as part of the universal credit programme.

http://www.theguardi...ough?CMP=twt_gu

This is what is going on, Who here believe's this is just a conspiracy?

Iain duncan smith charged £39 from the tax payer for his breakfast but insist's the non working are spongers off of the working.  

HYPOCRITE?

I know people who work full time as health care assistants and get around £800 a month (after tax)....are they expecting this people to work more than 39 hours a week?

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#5    TSS

TSS

Observer

• 5,669 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostAggie, on 07 September 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

I know people who work full time as health care assistants and get around £800 a month (after tax)....are they expecting this people to work more than 39 hours a week?

This wouldn't apply to them because as I understand the figures mentioned are before tax. They have also said that this isn't finalised and won't apply to all low earners. There is one area I can think of that I found out by accident when someone came to me about a driving job ages ago (which might be what the government are aiming at). This lad came to an advert for a full time job, but said he only wanted to work 24hrs a week, so he still got his working tax credit etc (he mentioned another benfit too which I can't remember)...when I said it was a full time position he said why don't i let him work 24hrs, and then employ someone on the dole for 16hrs, so there benefit isn't stopped either....I didn't know what to say tbh, other then "there's the door"...

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#6    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,907 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Postdavid icke is right, on 07 September 2013 - 09:59 AM, said:

...Who here believe's this is just a conspiracy?

I don't.

#7    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

the Govt. are introducing plans to make people work for their dole money- 30hrs per week to claim £70- which contravenes the minimum wage act.
their hypocrisy knows no bounds.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#8    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,907 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

View Postshrooma, on 09 September 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

the Govt. are introducing plans to make people work for their dole money- 30hrs per week to claim 70- which contravenes the minimum wage act.

The sense of hypocrisy, yes, I can see that. Why this is even remotely considered a 'conspiracy', I don't understand.

Conspiracies are usually conducted in secret, are they not?

I vote to move this discussion to the 'UK & Europe' thread (until someone can educate me on how this is a conspiracy).

#9    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,508 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

This is part of the government's "let's kick them while they're already down" policy. We'll call it something else, though, preferably something that has nothing to do with what we're doing. I know; we'll call it the Economic Responsibility Act to make wage slaves feel more like losers. Sadly, public stocks and scarlet letters are things of the past. (if I understood the first post)

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#10    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 10 September 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

Sadly, public stocks and scarlet letters are things of the past.
if they DID bring back the stocks DM, the price of tomatos would rise dramatically, and there wouldn't be a politician in the country with a clean shirt!

if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#11    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,907 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thank you.

#12    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

the Govt. are introducing plans to make people work for their dole money- 30hrs per week to claim £70- which contravenes the minimum wage act.

They won't be able to do it, totally illegal. I am not on benefits but I will march against it if necessary.

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#13    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostAggie, on 10 September 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

They won't be able to do it, totally illegal.
they've already pushed it through the hague Aggie- backscratching & backhanders most likely.....
I am not on benefits but I will march against it if necessary.
me neither, but i'll be marching against it too!
not everyone on the dole is a workshy scrounger, but with nearly 3m people unemployed there simply aren't the jobs to go round, but the Govt. are acting like there's 10 jobs to every person- which is wrong- and it's the poor once again who are copping it in the neck.
one of the conditions for claiming jobseekers allowance is that you have to be actively seeking employment- for 5hrs a day- but how are you supposed to do that when you're sweeping canal bankings all week....?!
i'd like to see an MP try it for a month, let them experience how unworkable the situation is.....

#14    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,875 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

So you go from boundless hypocrisy to "surrender your livers!"  ????   Yes, yes, the paper says they checked the right box.   Now it's mandatory.  

Don't worry about anyone's feelings, or the costs involved.  It'll pay for itself, for the mere cost of the surgery at the hospital, and no grieving relatives will mind that their parents bodies were chopped up without their consent.   No thugs with badges will be necessary, no prisons, no jail cells.   Everyone will fart rainbows once the government takes our property, takes our money, and takes our goddamned organs after we die.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#15    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostAggie, on 07 September 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hi Aggie,I am a 24/7 carer they paid me £65 per month for this, but it stops when you get to 65 as they pay you a state pension of £440 per month and they won't pay out 2 pensions. now that I'm retired (at 60) they charge you tax on your pension, so 39hrs a week is a cake walk,I am on call 168 hrs a week for NO PAY,and I cant get a part time job as my Mrs cant be left.I haven't had a holiday for 7 yrs so all these sob stories just make me laugh.There are lots of us Carers in this situation but I don't hear them complaining.Keep happy and live to be 85 +, then the Gov't pays you out more than you have paid in.Yeehaa.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users