Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Police seize 'cursed' coconut

coconut cursed black magic spell kaafu atoll

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,630 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Police summoned a white magic practitioner to evaluate a young coconut believed to have been cursed by a black magic spell, after it was found near the Guraidhoo Island presidential election polling station in Kaafu Atoll.

http://minivannews.c...d-coconut-64483

Posted Image

#2    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

If they believe that a white magic practitioner can take any or all curses off a coconut, then bless their hearts, they should be availed of that service.  Nowadays, I am not about to laugh at such beliefs, considering the crazy world we live in.

#3    ash68

ash68

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• It doesn't matter what you think you are,but what you think,you are
    Celsus

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Oh dear! Evil coconuts indeed,surely by now they know it's grapefruit,that's the real dark side of fruit

#4    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,390 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

This is a very strange "modern" world we live in.

#5    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Oy vey...

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#6    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Now that I think about it, there are an awwwwful lot of suspicious coconuts around here... an awwwful lot.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Lava_Lady, 09 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#7    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I'll never look at a coconut the same way!
lol

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#8    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

""Falling coconuts kill 150 people worldwide each year, 15 times the number of fatalities attributable to sharks," said George Burgess, Director of the University of Florida's International Shark Attack File and a noted shark researcher."  (http://www.unisci.co...022/0523024.htm)

:unsure2:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#9    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

View PostAsadora, on 09 September 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

""Falling coconuts kill 150 people worldwide each year, 15 times the number of fatalities attributable to sharks," said George Burgess, Director of the University of Florida's International Shark Attack File and a noted shark researcher."  (http://www.unisci.co...022/0523024.htm)

:unsure2:

I knew it....

#10    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 09 September 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

I knew it....

Ain't that something?! Someone should start a campaign about how important it is to wear a hard hat around a coconut tree! 'A hard hat can save your life!' or (get ready for it) 'A hard hat can save your nuts.' (nuts, smarts, brain, head).

:clap:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#11    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostAsadora, on 09 September 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Ain't that something?! Someone should start a campaign about how important it is to wear a hard hat around a coconut tree! 'A hard hat can save your life!' or (get ready for it) 'A hard hat can save your nuts.' (nuts, smarts, brain, head).

Hahaha!  Ya nut!

#12    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

So, the curse manifests itself when someone gets nailed by a falling coconut. I guess that would make it a "self fulfallling prophecy."

#13    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Posthighdesert50, on 09 September 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

So, the curse manifests itself when someone gets nailed by a falling coconut. I guess that would make it a "self fulfallling prophecy."

Haha! Or how about a self fulnutty prophecy!!! haha. Gods, words are just amazingly awesome!

#14    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

The comic relief is GREATLY appreciated!!!
THANK YOU ALL!!
:w00t: :clap:

#15    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

It was determined to be a  "fake" .   Phew!

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users