Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Heartbeat of the Universe.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1    Khamical X

Khamical X

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• My burning SOUL gives life to my holy spirit & body.
    My burning SOUL allows me to retrieve Gold from my dark chambers.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

In this thread I am basically piggybacking off My Scientific description of GOD.  Here I will be providing a deeper breakdown of the concept that I am establishing.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I emphasized that God is the Highest Vibratory Energy and represents that motive that started creation and is continuing with this divine process that we call LIFE or NATURE. God to me is something like what we could call the first impulse of creation. I did  some research on this concept and I found:

Theopanism-The belief that the universe emanates from, or is a projection of God
definition 2: which identifies the world as an absolute being, "everything is God"

<I'll start with ancient spiritual traditions and their similar concepts>

Posted Image
Ancient Egypt(Waters of Nun)
The Ancient Egyptians envisaged the oceanic abyss of the Nun as surrounding a bubble in which the sphere of life is encapsulated, representing the deepest mystery of their cosmogony. In Ancient Egyptian creation accounts the original mound of land comes forth from the waters of the Nun. The Nun is the source of all that appears in a differentiated world, encompassing all aspects of divine and earthly existence.

Posted Image
Ancient Egypt(Amen-Ra meaning "hidden sun")
  depict as a primeval deity and a symbol of the hidden creative force.

Posted Image
Ancient Egypt(Taurt)
Hippo Goddess Taurt (Tarot) in the center of ancient Dendera Zodiac. She was rendered as a great Bear by astrologers occupying more northerly climes. The ancient term for a bear was "art." The syllable is found in the name Arthur, as in King Arthur, meaning "Bear Man," and also connotes "the first," "the primordial," the "most ancient," as in ark, arche and archetypal, etc. The northern astrological enclosure of the Great Bear Mother is the original "Arcadia" or paradise. The term Ursa (as found in Ursa Minor and Ursa Major) means "little bear."

Posted Image
Hindu(Om)
The syllable "om" is first described as all-encompassing mystical entity in the Upanishads. Today, in all Hindu art and all over India and Nepal, 'om' can be seen virtually everywhere, a common sign for Hinduism and its philosophy and theology. Hindus believe that as creation began, the divine, all-encompassing consciousness took the form of the first and original vibration manifesting as sound "OM".

Basic Knowledge of Native American Spirituality
Indigenous North American belief systems include many sacred narratives. Such spiritual stories are deeply based in Nature and are rich with the symbolism of seasons, weather, plants, animals, earth, water, sky & fire. The principle of an all embracing, universal and omniscient Great Spirit, a connection to the Earth, diverse creation narratives and collective memories of ancient ancestors are common.

^^These are just some basic concepts coming from many popular spiritual traditions outside of modern Abrahamic concepts.

We see that many ancient tradition had the idea that, in simple terms, Nature/The Universe is their God. As we see there are many names that many cultures called this energy or force that initially started creation.(Great Spirit in Native America or Primordial consciousness in India)

I'm dealing with the idea that God is in fact reality, what I love to call the heartbeat of the Universe. That is an energy that was in the beginning that is allowing for life and giving the Sun the ability to shine. God in my opinion is in all and all around.

Is this a much better breakdown of this idea???

Edited by Spore, 07 September 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#2    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,623 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

So you call that highest vibratory force God. What if God emanated from that vibration instead of the other way around? I don't disagree with what is basically a theory of energy, but I do think that perhaps naming it God/Brahma/Allah, etc. confers limitations in people's minds about what it is or how it operates, because of our own cultural/religious references. And these references are pretty much stuck in time, there haven't been any new revelations or understandings, or comprehensions in centuries, which again is limiting. This thing, this energy, existed long before religion, yet it some ways various religions claim it as their own simply by naming it and declaring that their name & definition of it is the only valid ones, mired in dogma, failing to contribute anything new to the conversation, definition, explanation, understanding, etc.

#3    Khamical X

Khamical X

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostBeany, on 07 September 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

So you call that highest vibratory force God. What if God emanated from that vibration instead of the other way around? I don't disagree with what is basically a theory of energy, but I do think that perhaps naming it God/Brahma/Allah, etc. confers limitations in people's minds about what it is or how it operates, because of our own cultural/religious references. And these references are pretty much stuck in time, there haven't been any new revelations or understandings, or comprehensions in centuries, which again is limiting. This thing, this energy, existed long before religion, yet it some ways various religions claim it as their own simply by naming it and declaring that their name &amp; definition of it is the only valid ones, mired in dogma, failing to contribute anything new to the conversation, definition, explanation, understanding, etc.
I use older traditions to varify that older religions had this concept before Judeo Christian ideas.

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:31 AM

God is energy?  Does God gain entropy and over time become as a result less able to do useful work?  Maybe that would explain why there seems to be such a lack of miracles around today.

#5    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Pretty much Pantheism - the professed view of Einstein - god and the universe are inseparable. Its a pretty interesting view that suggests that God cares equally for atoms, humans and galaxies.

The only distinction that I'd draw(personally) is that I don't see the 'first impulse' as being conscious in any way that we understand it. I prefer the term Nature to God. The great creative force has done all that needs to be done - the physical laws sustain our existence and evolution has given us all the tools we need to survive. No divine revelation and no miracles required.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#6    Khamical X

Khamical X

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Life and everything plentiful in nature could be a miracle

Edited by Spore, 08 September 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#7    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostSpore, on 08 September 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Life and everything plentiful in nature could be a miracle

But doesn't that render the term meaningless? A miracle is supposed to be a suspension of the natural order for a persons benefit. I think the fact that the universe had to go through two generations of stars being born and dying before planets with the right elements for life could arise suggests that we were not the aim of the universes existance.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#8    Khamical X

Khamical X

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostAlmagest, on 08 September 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

But doesn't that render the term meaningless? A miracle is supposed to be a suspension of the natural order for a persons benefit. I think the fact that the universe had to go through two generations of stars being born and dying before planets with the right elements for life could arise suggests that we were not the aim of the universes existance.
I deal only with becoming one with the Universe/Nature. After all we are nothing more than reflections of it. I think that enlightenment is the key

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

View PostSpore, on 08 September 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

I deal only with becoming one with the Universe/Nature. After all we are nothing more than reflections of it. I think that enlightenment is the key
You are enlightened?

#10    Khamical X

Khamical X

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 September 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

You are enlightened?

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 September 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

God is energy?  Does God gain entropy and over time become as a result less able to do useful work?  Maybe that would explain why there seems to be such a lack of miracles around today.
Although it takes energy to work a miracle.

#11    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,623 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

It's hard to have a discussion about this without reference to a biblical God, since s/he is understood as being akin to human, or human-like.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

View PostBeany, on 09 September 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

It's hard to have a discussion about this without reference to a biblical God, since s/he is understood as being akin to human, or human-like.
That is called anthropomorphism (which you no doubt already know), and is seen as primitive by most of us.

#13    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,623 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 September 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

That is called anthropomorphism (which you no doubt already know), and is seen as primitive by most of us.
I think once we start anthropomorphizing, we move away from the heart of the issue, but how do we discuss this kind of stuff, then, since we only have our experience of being human to guide us? I'm not sure it's seen as primitive by most, it's how many of us were brought up culturally to think about it, and so deeply embedded in many of us. And it brings people comfort, which maybe is one of the main functions of religion. Nothing wrong with comfort, as long as it doesn't lead us to create discomfort for others over our differences.

#14    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostBeany, on 09 September 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Not necessarily. Who is to say that God has any human traits at all? It might have intelligence that seems despicable, or downright alien, to us. In the pantheistic view God's form is the universe itself. It might communicate using incomprehensibly complex mathematics.

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,829 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

I think it was Spinoza who first point out that the very concept of a god who works in time is anthropomorphic.

Is this wrong -- to picture one's deity anthropomorphically?  Does doing so provide comfort?  It has to be a lie if there is a God, and of course anthropomorphic gods are just supermen, of our fantasy. I think it is spiritually and certainly intellectually unhealthy, but then I'm an atheist, albeit a spiritual or at least not materialist atheist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users