Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

BRAZIL. Indigenous ghost photographed

spiritism supernatural ghosts

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    Ligia Cabus

Ligia Cabus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• "Hell, ain't a bad place to be." AC/DC

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

BRAZIL. MATO GROSSO state. WEDNESDAY. August, 28 - 2013. On the banks of Tapirapé river, near Porto Alegre do Norte city and of the Aldeia urubu Branco, dos índios Tapirapés, the spirit image of an indigenous appeared in a photograph obtainedby a fisherman that was in the local.

The spiritist medium Justino Xerente, who was with the fisherman that night, has no doubt that the image of the man in white is an indigenous soul.

http://brazilweirdne...graphed-on.html

Edited by Still Waters, 08 September 2013 - 12:43 PM.
Removed copyrighted image & shortened text

#2    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,231 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

I'm not even sure what I'm seeing.  Is the dude in the sheet supposed to be a ghost?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#3    tendo

tendo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

• Madness is the emergency exit.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Wow...I've seen some bad fakes, but dayum. Thanks for sharing, it is interesting to see stuff from many places all over the world.

#4    Ligia Cabus

Ligia Cabus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

DEAR  FRIENDS,

Yes, this... dude... yes, he is the ghost of the Tapirapé  river

Yes, this dude... yes, he is the ghost of the Tapirapé river. This river is located at the central west region of Brazil what means that the ethnicity of this indigenous belongs to a culture more advanced in relation to indigenous than inhabited of shore tribes, specially, or be - tribes that lived at the northest of Brazil.

The differences are many but, one of these differences is the level of civilization in what refers to the clothes. The coastal indigenous are those famous brazilian indigenous that lived in a neolithic cultural context. They are those that the world knows like those that lived naked.

In contrary, the indigenous nations of the south and southwest were more developed. Living in a more cold weather, the use of  clothes was common. Tunics and the famous ponchos, like those that are used at Mexico.

Considering these cultural data is natural that the spirit of an indigenous of this region be using the camisola (nightdress) of our granny

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Wow
I've never seen the word "kardecist" used before .
Awesome !
I would be the definition of a kardecist .

Miss me?

#6    Ligia Cabus

Ligia Cabus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 08 September 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Wow
I've never seen the word "kardecist" used before .
Awesome !
I would be the definition of a kardecist .

KARDECIST,
KARDECISTA

KARDECISM,
KARCIDECISMO

The word  comes from the personal name (or, better saying, a nick name) Allan Kardec (in true, Hippolyte Léon Denizard Rivail) who is considered - at the Occidental world - the encoder of the spiritism based in the belief in the surviving after death and in the reincarnation.

At Brazil, the expression kardecist spiritism establishes a distinction between the Spiritism - in general sense - adopted by afro-brazilians religions which include rituals considered primitive - and, by other side, this spiritism, the kardecist spiritism, that follows a more scientific line of thinking.

#7    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I'm sorry, but to me it just looks like a blurry picture of a person wearing a white nightdress.

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#8    Ligia Cabus

Ligia Cabus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostAggie, on 08 September 2013 - 03:17 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but to me it just looks like a blurry picture of a person wearing a white nightdress.

I too. But, I suppose this is natural in some ghosts... and, in photos of ghosts...

#9    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hello,

It looks like the flash was disabled in the photo, this explains the lack of detail on the photo (the blur) and also lack of lighting on certain areas where the flash would reach.

It sounds like a nice story but as always, blurry photo as evidence.

Edited by Brian Topp, 08 September 2013 - 05:39 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,231 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

It might very well be a ghost, but when said image is indistinguishable from a human in a sheet, what is one to believe?

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#11    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostRafterman, on 08 September 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

It might very well be a ghost, but when said image is indistinguishable from a human in a sheet, what is one to believe?

If we ignore all the things presented here, The thing that stands out is the angle of the photo, It looks like it's looking down. How short is this "ghost?" and why aren't there multiple photos?

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostLigia Cabus, on 08 September 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

KARDECIST,
KARDECISTA

KARDECISM,
KARCIDECISMO

The word  comes from the personal name (or, better saying, a nick name) Allan Kardec (in true, Hippolyte Léon Denizard Rivail) who is considered - at the Occidental world - the encoder of the spiritism based in the belief in the surviving after death and in the reincarnation.

At Brazil, the expression kardecist spiritism establishes a distinction between the Spiritism - in general sense - adopted by afro-brazilians religions which include rituals considered primitive - and, by other side, this spiritism, the kardecist spiritism, that follows a more scientific line of thinking.
Like I said,I am one. You kust study the works of kardec when initiating imto palo mayombe and some santeria sects.
Ive posted about him here many times .I even made a thread about him ,because when I explain my beliefs in in spirits on this forum ,im told I need medication by certain ignorant individuals.
Ive tried to explain its actually spiritual belief no different in believing in the guy who walked on water snd rose uo from the dead,but they seem to ignore everything ive ever said in regards to kardec

Miss me?

#13    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

http://www.unexplain...=+allan +kardec

My kardec thread

Miss me?

#14    Resh

Resh

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

It COULD be, everything is possible.

.                                                                   Posted Image

Also tagged with spiritism, supernatural, ghosts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users