Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Queen's portrait disappears

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

Njuggle

• 9,296 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

http://www.dailymail...--loses-it.html

Anyone else think this is just plain silly? For the Queen's 80th birthday Rolf Harris painted what is probably the best portrait of her ever . It is very lifelike; she is smiling(quite a rare event!), and looks relaxed. Now, because Harris has been charged with offences against children, suddenly the painting has 'disappeared'. It used to be hung on display in Buckingham Palace, was then loaned to the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool for an exhibition(which ended in 2012), and now no-one seems to know where it is ...... staggering when you think it was valued at £50,000(I think it is worth a lot more).

Sooo ....... is every artwork in Britain that was created by someone who wasn't perfect going to be taken down and hidden away? This is just ridiculous; his paintings should be enjoyed for what they are..... work by a very talented artist.

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

#2    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,008 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

yes, is but bit odd, bearing in mind he's not been found guilty of anything yet.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#3    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,428 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yup  , it's silly.  But , understandable.   People , especially people of Position , like to ignore or hide  what might be considered   unpleasantries .  It's politics basically?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#4    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,932 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

One of the first things I thought of when I heard he'd been charged, was this painting he did of the Queen. I agree it's a good one too but then he is a talented painter. I thought to myself that puts her in an awkward situation considering who she is and what he was charged for, so I'm not too surprised the painting has disappeared. Then again it could turn up yet!

Posted Image

#5    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Postlightly, on 08 September 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Yup  , it's silly.  But , understandable.   People , especially people of Position , like to ignore or hide  what might be considered   unpleasantries .  It's politics basically?

The Royal Family have been hiding their so called unpleasantries for centuries,so there are no surprises here then.On a more sillier note,does all the video tapes in BBC's vaults of his TV programs and appearances also disappear then?

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#6    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,579 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Maybe David Icke was right when he stated that royals and celebrities have been involved in pedophilia for generations. I mean, he did say it 20 years ago and look at the allegations against celebrities who all seem to be very friendly with the royal family.  To preface this statement i am a subject of her majesty....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users