Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Syria's President Bashar Assad warns.


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

    Shadow Dancer

  • Member
  • 5,251 posts
  • Joined:17 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free Syria

  • Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 09 September 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:


If you were fighting for freedom, would you ever consider killing civilians?
only if they took up arms and commitied crimes against people
and unfortunatly .. there was many of those " civilians gangs " formed by the government
due to the downfall of their army coz of defects and death

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabiha

look up their blood tainted history and present

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great


#17    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,200 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 09 September 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

If you were fighting for freedom, would you ever consider killing civilians?
No, I would keep my eye on the prize and aim directly at the source of oppression.  Assad remaining unmolested while around him civilians are killed is the real tragedy here.  The soldiers keeping me from the prize would naturally be collateral damage.

Edit to add: A part of the problem does remain that people revere power and believe it has it's own "divine" status.  Even in chess the game is over when we "checkmate" the king, not when we remove it.  I don't think that is true.  The "powerful" would be a little more circumspect in their views toward humanity in general if the threat of retaliation went straight to their front door, that's just my opinion.

Edited by libstaK, 15 September 2013 - 03:11 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#18    Timonthy

Timonthy

    Placid

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Aust.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostReann, on 09 September 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

why sit back and watch it just happen? why not take a stand? enough with bankers and their  wars  and chemicals already.
I recall revolution throughout history, like there comes a time when you have got to stand for what is right.
It's easy to sit back and tell people to act at a massively corporate/government level.
Western culture is very comfortable. I'm very comfortable. I try to stand for what is right.

Walking through Melbourne city - I have helped some people, others I have left being abused. It's a sad reality.
I'm more fit than most, I've stopped fights. But anyone could have a knife of other weapon. I've seen women, kids and men being abused - if I don't have the numbers, or don't I think I have the upper hand - I wont directly act. It is sad but true.

Sad truth is, 'it's better safe than sorry.' And safe if sitting back and waiting for events to past.

Posted Image


#19    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

This post is not to take sides, but to redress an imbalance in propaganda and show that what we are told is twisted beyond the boundaries of believability.

I would have thought that if anybody were threatened by the biggest military on Earth, then they may feel free to defend themselves by any means possible. The alternative is for any sovereign state, no matter what foreigners think about it, to be a subservient state to America, and based on force. How very democratic. Syria has never issued any threat to America until America has first threatened them. This is fact. It is necessary to see beyond the propaganda. The figure of 100,000 dead is used without any conversation about who these dead are other than that they "must" be those killed by Assad. Among this 100,000 are 15,000 Syrian Army deaths, but they are not human of course, are they? Well, this still leaves 85,000. Are they all civilans? all anti Assad? It seems very unreasonable to even suggest that, yet Politicians and media do, and often. It is also reported as fact that all the refugees are fleeing from Assad's troops, yet the reality is that many flee when the jihadists enter town because they know the consequences. A pity the media don't say this, but who cares, after all, if they are not for the rebels than they must be animals or something, right?. This is not to say that no civilians have been killed by Assad's troops, for clearly they have, and not an unsignificant number, but why only the most fleeting suggestions by politicians and the media that civilians have been killed by the rebels?  Rebels, being armed civilians, will be counted among the dead as civilians. How many? we don't know, but if there are 15,000 Syrian Army deaths then I would suspect at least an equal number of rebel deaths. In the end result, it would be more balanced to say that the death toll should be equally divided among both sides, until such time as we have believable figures, not emotive propaganda. The figure of 1,400 deaths by the gas attack is not yet a done deal, and may well come down significantly, and that from what the French say, not the Russians or Assad.


#20    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,211 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostKaa-Tzik, on 15 September 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

This post is not to take sides, but to redress an imbalance in propaganda and show that what we are told is twisted beyond the boundaries of believability.

I would have thought that if anybody were threatened by the biggest military on Earth, then they may feel free to defend themselves by any means possible. The alternative is for any sovereign state, no matter what foreigners think about it, to be a subservient state to America, and based on force. How very democratic. Syria has never issued any threat to America until America has first threatened them. This is fact. It is necessary to see beyond the propaganda. The figure of 100,000 dead is used without any conversation about who these dead are other than that they "must" be those killed by Assad. Among this 100,000 are 15,000 Syrian Army deaths, but they are not human of course, are they? Well, this still leaves 85,000. Are they all civilans? all anti Assad? It seems very unreasonable to even suggest that, yet Politicians and media do, and often. It is also reported as fact that all the refugees are fleeing from Assad's troops, yet the reality is that many flee when the jihadists enter town because they know the consequences. A pity the media don't say this, but who cares, after all, if they are not for the rebels than they must be animals or something, right?. This is not to say that no civilians have been killed by Assad's troops, for clearly they have, and not an unsignificant number, but why only the most fleeting suggestions by politicians and the media that civilians have been killed by the rebels?  Rebels, being armed civilians, will be counted among the dead as civilians. How many? we don't know, but if there are 15,000 Syrian Army deaths then I would suspect at least an equal number of rebel deaths. In the end result, it would be more balanced to say that the death toll should be equally divided among both sides, until such time as we have believable figures, not emotive propaganda. The figure of 1,400 deaths by the gas attack is not yet a done deal, and may well come down significantly, and that from what the French say, not the Russians or Assad.
I can agree with you on this idea.  But the one issue that keeps me solidly against Assad's government is that in the beginning 6 months or so - all the protests were peaceful.  Snipers were killing them even then. Whatever this war has become, it started peacefully and the reaction from the Alawite government was to crush the people.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#21    Reann

Reann

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 15 September 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

It's easy to sit back and tell people to act at a massively corporate/government level.
Western culture is very comfortable. I'm very comfortable. I try to stand for what is right.

Walking through Melbourne city - I have helped some people, others I have left being abused. It's a sad reality.
I'm more fit than most, I've stopped fights. But anyone could have a knife of other weapon. I've seen women, kids and men being abused - if I don't have the numbers, or don't I think I have the upper hand - I wont directly act. It is sad but true.

Sad truth is, 'it's better safe than sorry.' And safe if sitting back and waiting for events to past.
Yes, I understand what you are saying  .  Often times I find myself sharing with others that i listen to express to me their concerns of how they see the world going on this downward spiral, they always sound so determined about it all just getting worse , instead of confronting and admitting  the manipulation we as a whole are conformed to living our lives unto, by  means of global international banker  elitist that set in motion their rules and regulation over our very lives .
Mainly , I feel ,and ,am beginning to realize all the lies and manipulation that has  provided  these globalist bankers  with a wide range of ruler ship  within the world. In your reply you mentioned witnessing abuse and not be able to do a thing about it which brings my mind to thought of wars,when has war ever truly been set in motion for a noble cause ? Yet, soldiers are giving orders to kill, do these people really  understand exactly why  they are being sent to war? for whom they are truly in service of , and why? It needs to stop. Fear is why it will never change , unless ?
In not sitting back , doesn't mean that we have to become aggressive and violent either, in fact it is the opposite of being that . But , it takes a brave Individual to not be  afraid to peacefully say no to being ordered to war for all the wrong reasons..





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users