Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Orb on Video

orbs photos video paranormal activity

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,352 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:26 AM

Well, I don't wanna doubt this one, these seem to give you peace about your son, so if your story is all true, then go on and keep your faith these are angels, and that you being able to see them is God's way of showing you your boy is looked after.

That being said, I do doubt it.  The story you've given is very convenient, and the fact its all off this same monitor, would tell me that if you haven't faked it, which we don't have proof of that, but benefit of the doubt.

If this is a real thing you're seeing, my inclination is a light off the camera, or a fault in the monitor/camera.

Again though, if this gives you peace, that's more important than my cynicism.

Edited by SkepticalB, 10 September 2013 - 12:26 AM.

Peace does nothing to test strength

#17    annofm

annofm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

I don't mind skepticism at all.  I am skeptical too.  I've been seeing orbs over my son in pictures for years, but they could easily be from moisture on the camera or whatever.  Today though, when I first saw the "whatever it was", it was on the wagon itself.  And I thought, "Hmm, that's weird, I don't remember anything being on there".  Then a few minutes later, I looked at the monitor to check on him and saw it moving around over his wagon.  I sit on my screened porch and drink my coffee, while still being able to hear him if he has a seizure.  I went inside to get my video camera and turned it on.  I figured it was a bug or a light reflection at first.  So I snuck into his room with the video camera to see if there was light on the wall, and it was dark as night in there, with nothing showing.  The curtains are almost completely closed over the windows to make it dark in there.  I looked to see if light was shining in from the window, but nothing was there.  I came back out and videoed some more.  

I honestly don't know what it was, as I have not seen anything like that on the monitor in the 8 years I've had that security camera.  Could it have been a reflection?  Sure, but I don't know where from.  It also doesn't explain why it wasn't reflecting onto me when I walked in front of the camera.  And it doesn't explain why it expanded and vanished.

#18    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,352 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

these are good questions, maybe the reflection is on the camera lens itself.

expanding and vanishing could be explained similarly.  whatever its reflecting moves for some reason, and distorts the light spot.

And yes, I will always feel like a douche for trying to debunk this

#19    annofm

annofm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

I don't mind you questioning what this is.  As for it being on the lens itself, I moved the camera back and forth many times, and even to the other side of the room in one of the videos.  The orb didn't move from the general location.  I believe it looks like a reflection, but I guess my biggest question is why it wasn't on the wall when I went in there both times, or why it vanished only when I waved my hand over the wagon.  

And I understand the people that question my story to begin with.  I have nothing to gain or lose by telling what happened.  This is an unexplained mystery site, and that's all this was to me, an unexplained mystery.  Yes, it's a nice thought that this was an angel watching over my son.  But I can't say with certainty that I saw a spirit or anything.  All I did was post the videos of what I saw and experienced.

#20    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,352 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

If hes sleeping in something aside from the wagon (which, thats cute as **** by the by) but if hes sleeping somewhere else does it appear?

#21    annofm

annofm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

I've never seen anything like this before on his monitor. This was a first.   In photos, the orbs have appeared over the wagon, his bed, and mainly his stander (helps him stand, but causes seizures).   Many times, I hear him in his room laughing hysterically or babbling for long periods of time.  Could that be a spirit entertaining him?  Who knows

#22    Scheming B

Scheming B

Adapt to Survive

• 4,352 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

I assume he doesn't wear anything around his neck, or wrist, right?

#23    annofm

annofm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

No, he doesn't wear anything other than a shirt, elastic waistband shorts and socks.  The wagon is covered with rubber flooring, memory foam and blankets.

#24    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,067 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

you can see some possible orb videos at theorbwhisperer.com. I've been privileged to see numerous orbs of all sizes & shapes, without any photographic equipment, and I feel blessed by their appearance. To me, they're cheerful & playful, and there are cultures that understand them to be ancestral spirits come to watch over us. Whatever they are, I've never heard of anyone feeling threatened by them.

#25    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 2,994 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostBeany, on 10 September 2013 - 02:45 AM, said:

you can see some possible orb videos at theorbwhisperer.com. I've been privileged to see numerous orbs of all sizes & shapes, without any photographic equipment, and I feel blessed by their appearance. To me, they're cheerful & playful, and there are cultures that understand them to be ancestral spirits come to watch over us. Whatever they are, I've never heard of anyone feeling threatened by them.

unless they get into your eye

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#26    skydivingstars

skydivingstars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

OMG

there's a face that appears in the bottom right hand side of the screen at one point

#27    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,115 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

This one has intrigued me.  I did some Googling and there are a lot of parents talking about this.  It seems to be fairly common.

I also did some reading up on how these low grade "night vision' cameras work (parascience has a great article on it) and I'm convinced that what you're seeing is simply dust being illuminated by the IR illuminators on the camera.  What's happening is that the illuminators are hitting dust or virtually microscopic insects (we all have them in our homes) that are fairly close to the camera.  

I realize that this probably isn't the explanation you want to hear - and most parents on the various other boards I've read in the past day don't want to accept it either - but I'm confident in saying that this is what is happening.  If you want to believe that what you're experiencing is a guardian angel, spirit guide, dear old departed grandad, etc. and that gives you comfort, that's fine by me - no judgements here.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#28    annofm

annofm

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

It's not at all that I'm unwilling to accept any speculation that this is anything else.  It's that the explanations don't make sense to me.  I see bugs in front of the camera.  I know what those look like.  The darker they are, the brighter they show up on the night vision.  They are fast and whiz by the lens.  This was definitely different than an insect.  

And while I agree this does/can look like a dust particle, what doesn't make sense to me is that it didn't show on me when I stepped in front of the camera.  I realize that you have to take my word on that.  If it were over the wagon, which I assume it was, based on being able to stand in front of the wagon and not see it reflect onto me, then it must have been huge (I'm guessing 3-4 inches across, considering the room is 8 or 9ft wide).  

Also, it doesn't explain why it had that movement.  Was it suspended? Why did it grow, then vanish into this air?  It didn't fall to the floor, it evaporated.  If it were moisture on the lens, then why could I move the camera and it didn't stay in the same place?

Honestly, if there were a logical explanation that could encompass all that I saw, I would accept it.  To me, this being a guardian angel or spirit makes the most sense based on what I saw and have experienced (cummulative experiences in the house).  I could definitely be insane, but who doesn't like a little crazy now and then?

#29    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

View Postskydivingstars, on 10 September 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

OMG

there's a face that appears in the bottom right hand side of the screen at one point
Could you tell us at what point exactly?

#30    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,115 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

View Postannofm, on 10 September 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

It's not at all that I'm unwilling to accept any speculation that this is anything else.  It's that the explanations don't make sense to me.  I see bugs in front of the camera.  I know what those look like.  The darker they are, the brighter they show up on the night vision.  They are fast and whiz by the lens.  This was definitely different than an insect.  

And while I agree this does/can look like a dust particle, what doesn't make sense to me is that it didn't show on me when I stepped in front of the camera.  I realize that you have to take my word on that.  If it were over the wagon, which I assume it was, based on being able to stand in front of the wagon and not see it reflect onto me, then it must have been huge (I'm guessing 3-4 inches across, considering the room is 8 or 9ft wide).  

Also, it doesn't explain why it had that movement.  Was it suspended? Why did it grow, then vanish into this air?  It didn't fall to the floor, it evaporated.  If it were moisture on the lens, then why could I move the camera and it didn't stay in the same place?

Honestly, if there were a logical explanation that could encompass all that I saw, I would accept it.  To me, this being a guardian angel or spirit makes the most sense based on what I saw and have experienced (cummulative experiences in the house).  I could definitely be insane, but who doesn't like a little crazy now and then?

You just have to keep in mind that you're not dealing with high end video equipment with these cameras.  Also remember that the image isn't being burned onto any kind of film, it's simply a fairly inexpensive digital processor trying to make sense out of what it is seeing through a low-end lense in a pitch black environment being illuminated by a low powered IR light.

As I said, no judgements.  Believe what you want to believe.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

Also tagged with orbs, photos, video, paranormal activity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users