Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

5 Giant Cryptids from Around the World

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,392 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Though cryptids like atmospheric beasts and sheepsquatch are fantastical creatures unlike any known animals, some cryptids are merely super-sized versions of existing species. Name an animal or insect and chances are good that someone, somewhere (or several people in numerous locations) claim enormous versions of the creature exist. With that in mind, here are five giant cryptids from around the world. Which do you find the most terrifying?

http://mysteriousuni...ound-the-world/

Posted Image

#2    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Oh my!
I wouldn't mind running across any of them...
...from a safe distance, heavily armed and surrounded by an impenetrable cage.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 09 September 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#3    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,373 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

The giant centipede is definitely the most scary ! :o

The giant spider is beautiful and the smiley bat with the 5' wingspan looks cuddly ..... like a bear! :)

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#4    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

I might be willing to be within 1000 yards of a giant spider if I was wearing the Iron Man armor. Thankfully, it's probably the least likely to exist among those listed for reasons discussed numerous times on UM.

I do believe there's a chance that there are anacondas larger than what science has recorded.

#5    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

My uncle told me a horrific story about a giant centipede that killed a man right in front of him in Guam during WW2.
Its actually the kind in the photo.Those are poisonous , only the one my uncle saw was a lot bigger .
Thats the gross one for me .Id love to meet a giant bat though.

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 09 September 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Miss me?

#6    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

undead

• 13,373 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 09 September 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

My uncle told me a horrific story about a giant centipede that killed a man right in front of him in Guam during WW2.
Its actually the kind in the photo.Those are poisonous , only the one my uncle saw was a lot bigger .
Thats the gross one for me .Id love to meet a giant bat though.

Thanks for sharing that story, Simbi ..................... NOT!

;)

What, in all the world, could I do to earn my living and still live as myself, as I knew myself to be? Temporary masks, I knew, had their place; everyone was wearing them, they were the human rage; but not masks cemented in place until the wearer could not breathe and was eventually suffocated.

#7    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Drifter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

• How much do you don't see?

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Compared to us humans, these are as dangerous to us as my pet rats, even if they were real.

Wherever there's a problem, there's solutions.
Answers are found from a wide deep perspective, from opened mind's eyes.
From where good and bad stay silent and you hear the real cause and effect, and big picture.
Giving up is wasting your time, but also necessary to find the true cause you didn't find yet.
Staying in the path is necessary only when there's trueness in that path.

#8    A rather obscure Bassoon

A rather obscure Bassoon

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,875 posts

• "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."

Mark Russel

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

I'll guess I would take a 600 pound black bear in my back garden anytime (opened the door and one was sat on my deck looking at me the other morning.),rather than  giant meter long centipedes running every where.

Edited by shaddow134, 09 September 2013 - 09:31 PM.

" Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitos. "

Anon.

#9    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

Okay but what about the bird eating sider from south america? it can grow to 12 inches across.

#10    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

As for the giant snakes, that is definitely a possibility along with giant crocs and alligators.

#11    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

View Postouija ouija, on 09 September 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing that story, Simbi ..................... NOT!

;)
Be glad I didnt tell the story .Its seriously gross.
Apparently the man in question was the talker guy with the handset in the bck pack.
He had put the backpack on the ground ...and the thing apparently crawled onto it , which no one noticed.
Then when he put the pack back on ......

Miss me?

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,890 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

The picture of the giant centipede made me go, "Ohhhuuuhhhhoooo", and not in a good way. I've had pacific octopus grab me at the Newport aquarium and it really (totally illogically) put fear into me. I was fine till it actually put it's suckers on me, and then my instinct was to RUN!

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users