Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Humans have stopped evolving

evolving natural selection sir david attenborough

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 September 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

Sorry but I think you've lost it.

I have lost nothing.  The excamos have lived long enough in the north to have started growing more fur. Their bodies.  They haven't.  Only one group has a modified body the natives of the andies.  They have a slightly larger lug capcity.
But, after two weeks they no longer have an advntage over us in that thin air.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#32    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:21 AM

There are now several hundred fossils described of pre-humans.  You are just deliberately ignorant out of religion.  I think even the Mormon scholars hedge on this one, but of course not the rank and file.

#33    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:36 AM

View Postdanielost, on 12 September 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

I have lost nothing.  The excamos have lived long enough in the north to have started growing more fur. Their bodies.  They haven't.  Only one group has a modified body the natives of the andies.  They have a slightly larger lug capcity.
But, after two weeks they no longer have an advntage over us in that thin air.

So, human evolution is disproved by the fact that eskimos don't have fur.

The fact that even the most rabid of creatonists hasn't come up with that one should tell you something.
Or, have they?

Addition:
Daniel's not alone in asking this question. This was one of the better replies I found to another ignorant creationist:

You're kidding I hope?? Evolution is not Burger King -- you don't get it your way. There is no driving intelligence behind it that suddenly says "Oh see there's a need over here for something, let's whip up a new species." Evolution doesn't happen on demand, simply because there's an adaptational need. I would suggest actually learning what evolution is and how it works before jumping into the big kids pool on the subject.

Read more: http://www.city-data...l#ixzz2edf1bppS

Edited by Arbenol68, 12 September 2013 - 01:44 AM.

#34    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Ahhhh...well ok then, how about saying 'Mutations' instead of evolution....isnt that what all the kerfuffle is about ...( regrets losing a perfectly good spanner...) but most are missing his point...if were are not evolving then we must be devolving (Muahahaha....)

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#35    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,924 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

View Postmumanster, on 12 September 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Ahhhh...well ok then, how about saying 'Mutations' instead of evolution
How about not? We all have mutations.

#36    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yes, we all have mutations.  Do you know what happens if a baby chick is born that is different fromthe others, the others kill it.  Or so my grandma told me so.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#37    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

View Postdanielost, on 12 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Yes, we all have mutations.  Do you know what happens if a baby chick is born that is different fromthe others, the others kill it.  Or so my grandma told me so.

Most of us have slight DNA mutations, I know cause I do, I was part of the Genome project. Our little mutations mean we are still evolving. Animals kill the babies they know are deformed, disabled or very ill.....luckily we have evolved and don't need to do that anymore.
Ask any geneticist.

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#38    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,064 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Arrbonal I have already proven that I know what evolution is.   I stand by what I said.  If a neanderthal was brought to oujr time I would venture itf would take him six months and you wouldn't be ab le to tell.

Neanderthals and man were seperatedd by' a hundred tthousand years. Yet wes have the same voice box.  As I said man does not aznd has not evolvedphyssically.  We have eevolved mentally.

Edited by danielost, 12 September 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#39    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm sorry but everything you say about evolution says you are extremely ignorant about it.  You do not learn about evolution by reading creationist propaganda.

#40    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

View Postdanielost, on 12 September 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

Arrbonal I have already proven that I know what evolution is.   I stand by what I said.  If a neanderthal was brought to oujr time I would venture itf would take him six months and you wouldn't be ab le to tell.
People would wonder where the hell he came from and babies would cry.  This is our closest cousin.  Go a little further back in time and the difference become even more notable.

#41    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Arrbonal
I presume you mean me.

I have already proven that I know what evolution is.  
Every one of your posts on the topic proves otherwise. Stating that eskimos' lack of fur disproves evolution illustrates that.

I'd recommend that you read a book about the subject. I mean one written by a biologist, not a creationist. Once you understand what the theory actually says, then you can dispense with strawman arguments and start to engage more meaningfully on the topic. Just a thought.

#42    Toon Pimpinz

Toon Pimpinz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• life good. true fact. when you give a hug, it givez back

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

can i say somethin on this issue? if people aint not evolvin none, then how iz we gettin smarter with each jinerashun? my great gran pappy told me he never not heard of no calculus nor no aljibruh. and his pappys pappy aint never heard uh no addishun nor no minus tables. aint it not true that intelligence = fit, and the more smart ya iz, the more fit ya iz? dag nabbit

:gun:

“Common sense is what tells us the earth is flat.” -Albert Einstein

http://soundcloud.com/toonpimpinz
http://youtube.com/toonpimpnz

#43    The_Student

The_Student

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostToon Pimpinz, on 12 September 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

can i say somethin on this issue? if people aint not evolvin none, then how iz we gettin smarter with each jinerashun? my great gran pappy told me he never not heard of no calculus nor no aljibruh. and his pappys pappy aint never heard uh no addishun nor no minus tables. aint it not true that intelligence = fit, and the more smart ya iz, the more fit ya iz? dag nabbit

If we're getting smarter, how come you can't spell or use grammar properly?

#44    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,209 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Well, the paleontological record shows that dominant species don't evolve that much anymore, the shark, for example, has hardly evolved in a few million years. And the reason is quire simple: It does not need to adapt to a new ecological niche. It is dominant in its own.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#45    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostThe_Student, on 14 September 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

If we're getting smarter, how come you can't spell or use grammar properly?
I think its an attempt to say that creationists are stupid or at least uneducated.  At least that's the way I took it, and was underwhelmed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users