Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Will Bibi Do Now?

israel iran attack

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,950 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

So Obama has now (or will in a couple of hours) made it clear that he will accept Russian leadership on an issue concerning WMD.  Netanyahu has been holding his coalition together on the hope that Obama has been believable when he says he won't allow Iran to have a nuke.
It's obvious now that his promises and declarations are void.  Does this move by Oby to get out of one fix place us squarely in another, WORSE one?  Does the IAF now go it alone?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

I think Israel has nothing in particular to gain with a change of regime in Syria.  They are far more concerned with Iran's nuclear weapons.

Of course anyone who thinks Syria is really going to give up chemical weapons is naive, but maybe some of them will be destroyed.  I would have liked to see a stronger reaction against chemical weapons, but at least the attack got a good denunciation and was not swept under the rug. The American public is mainly to blame here -- Congress just responding to them.

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,846 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Maybe he'll shut up now and stop telling Americans what they either "must" or "cannot" do.

Edited by Yamato, 11 September 2013 - 02:42 AM.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,950 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostYamato, on 11 September 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

Maybe he'll shut up now and stop telling Americans what they either "must" or "cannot" do.
I hope so as well.  He needs to finally face the fact that his nation is alone on Iran.  IF they can act against Iran they should.  If they are unable then I wish them the best because the mullahs have NO FEAR of the US at all any more.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,950 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 September 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

I think Israel has nothing in particular to gain with a change of regime in Syria.  They are far more concerned with Iran's nuclear weapons.

Of course anyone who thinks Syria is really going to give up chemical weapons is naive, but maybe some of them will be destroyed.  I would have liked to see a stronger reaction against chemical weapons, but at least the attack got a good denunciation and was not swept under the rug. The American public is mainly to blame here -- Congress just responding to them.
Syria is an afterthought with Israel, I agree.  But Iran will rightly judge Obama's actions and proceed accordingly - Bibi needs to take note, and I believe he is - so I wonder if his reaction will be to quietly let the dogs loose some dark night soon...

#6    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

I don't think Israel has the resources to act on its own.  I might be wrong, but it would be a huge risk for them.  They may opt to wait and see who is the next US president.  They may also want to wait to see if Iran evolves into a more reasonable place.

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,950 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 September 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

I don't think Israel has the resources to act on its own.  I might be wrong, but it would be a huge risk for them.  They may opt to wait and see who is the next US president.  They may also want to wait to see if Iran evolves into a more reasonable place.
Israel's leaders are a rational lot.  They will not risk such a war if there is ANY other way to achieve their goals.  But I believe that Bibi actually believes his own words about this threat and I believe he views Iran as an existential threat to Israel.  There have been several reports in the Israeli press about missions that were scrubbed due to US pressure.  That pressure will have to be outright threats from this point on because only a fool would believe Obama now.  I don't really worry about Israel - what will be will be but I hope we can be prepared here in the US for the fallout when it occurs.

#8    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

Ahahahaha.

Aghum.

Yeah, thats real funny Biff.

Edit: I mean, Frank, ofcourse.

Edited by Phaeton80, 11 September 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#9    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,950 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostPhaeton80, on 11 September 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Ahahahaha.

Aghum.

Yeah, thats real funny Biff.

Edit: I mean, Frank, ofcourse.
Ya know, P, one of these days pretty soon Israel is going to actually ACT.  They are going to DO some of the things they are constantly being accused of and when they do of course they'll be condemned by the world ( as opposed to?) but their enemies will be too busy trying to survive and rebuild to mess with them for a while and that will be WORTH the puny condemnations of a bunch of hypocrites in the UN.

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

The guy can't say

View Postand then, on 11 September 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Ya know, P, one of these days pretty soon Israel is going to actually ACT.  They are going to DO some of the things they are constantly being accused of and when they do of course they'll be condemned by the world ( as opposed to?) but their enemies will be too busy trying to survive and rebuild to mess with them for a while and that will be WORTH the puny condemnations of a bunch of hypocrites in the UN.
Thie "Ectoplasmic Residue" obviously has nothing to say so he resorts to name calling and being rude.  What a farce.  I do worry about what the Israelis may do, as they are a small country and Obama does not seem to have enough backbone to protect them.

#11    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,029 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

To blame for no longer believing that Military intervention would help in any way?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#12    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,029 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

View Postand then, on 11 September 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Don't mess with (uncle Sam has now retired, so now it's israel)?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#13    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

• "Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.."

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 September 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

The guy can't say
Thie "Ectoplasmic Residue" obviously has nothing to say so he resorts to name calling and being rude.  What a farce.  I do worry about what the Israelis may do, as they are a small country and Obama does not seem to have enough backbone to protect them.

Well yes, 'Blue fish'.

Obviously.

Just as obvious as Israel not having anything to gain from the destabilization and eventual fragmentation of an[other] opposing force.

http://www.globalres...ddle-east/27786

#14    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,359 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

The Syrian regime had always been hypocritical: denouncing Israel.  Israel therefor has nothing to gain from regime change and a lot to lose.

#15    Phaeton80

Phaeton80

Psychic Spy

• 1,114 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 11 September 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

The Syrian regime had always been hypocritical: denouncing Israel.  Israel therefor has nothing to gain from regime change and a lot to lose.

Although your well- versed, explanatory and extremely coherant comment is very inticing.. (?!)

I would, in all modesty, beg to differ.

Also tagged with israel, iran, attack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users